Windows 10: black screen issue at Locked screen instead of windows spotlight !!

Discus and support black screen issue at Locked screen instead of windows spotlight !! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; black screen issue at Locked screen instead of beautiful windows spotlight !! just like in shown picture my Windows 10 Pro is completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PratikUnleashed, Jan 25, 2017.

1. black screen issue at Locked screen instead of windows spotlight !!

black screen issue at Locked screen instead of beautiful windows spotlight !!

just like in shown picture

my Windows 10 Pro is completely Genuine and Verified and windows updates are up-to-date*Cool

I had this issue over lots of months but I ignore it
    but few time I can see beautiful picture from MS but most of the time there is a black screen

:)

PratikUnleashed, Jan 25, 2017
  2. bazza0803 Win User

Windows Spotlight

Hello Kapil

Just to update you, when I am in lock screen setting, if I set it to picture it changes the preview to the correct photo, when I change the settings back to
    Windows Spotlight the preview shows the new Spotlight photo ok, but it does not show the windows Spotlight photo on the lock screen when I restart my PC, it shows the usual picture photo instead, and as I said before …” When I press the windows
    key+L….. it shows a black screen with white writing (which is information about the Spotlight photo) on it, also on the screen is the “pin login box”, soon ever I click anywhere on the screen it loads the “Windows Spotlight” photo”. So, it looks like Spotlight
    is working but just not opening on the lock screen

Thanks again

Bazza08

PS I did manage to re-register Spotlight using this other link of yours :- [How To] Re-register Windows Spotlight In Windows 10

bazza0803, Jan 25, 2017
  3. Windows Spotlight not updating lockscreen picture

Thanks, I understand now, but both users have Windows Spotlight image for lock screen on, so shouldn't it use that for the userless lock screen too?

Also, my other PC has only one user, so why should the system have trouble showing Windows Spotlight there?

Shouldn't Windows Spotlight be the default lock screen image, instead of the desert image?

I think the Windows dev team at Microsoft should fix this by making Windows Spotlight the default lock screen image, OR, as it is on OS X Yosemite and newer, make the Admin lock screen image the default system lock screen.

Donald Banarld124, Jan 25, 2017
  4. black screen issue at Locked screen instead of windows spotlight !!

Hi there PratikUnleashed

First I would check to see if your graphic driver is up to date: AMD Radaen.

You could also try once logged in, log out and see if it appears. Change the option to a sample picture, see if a pre-selected image works (when booted up). Make sure 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen' is ticked.

Windows spotlight uses an internet connection to show the picture on the login screen which usually means the internet should be connected at all times.

ellellell1, Jan 26, 2017
Thema:

black screen issue at Locked screen instead of windows spotlight !!

1. black screen issue at Locked screen instead of windows spotlight !! - Similar Threads - black screen issue

2. Black screen on lock screen with no image Corrupted Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on lock screen with no image Corrupted Windows Spotlight: Whenever I turn on my laptop with Windows 11, I get a blank screen. The display is responsive. I have control over the cursor. There is no issue to log in. BUT The only issue is that when I turn on my laptop, I get a black screen instead of the Microsoft Windows Spotlight...
  3. Black screen on lock screen with no image Corrupted Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on lock screen with no image Corrupted Windows Spotlight: Whenever I turn on my laptop with Windows 11, I get a blank screen. The display is responsive. I have control over the cursor. There is no issue to log in. BUT The only issue is that when I turn on my laptop, I get a black screen instead of the Microsoft Windows Spotlight...
  4. Spotlight Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight Lock Screen: Hi everybody, I know we can't personalize the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen. It would be better if we could at least choose a preferred theme. I like these landscapes, however, if I had a choice, I would prefer painting.Thanks....
  5. Spotlight Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight Lock Screen: Hi everybody, I know we can't personalize the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen. It would be better if we could at least choose a preferred theme. I like these landscapes, however, if I had a choice, I would prefer painting.Thanks....
  6. Spotlight Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Lock Screen - Windows Spotlight

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen - Windows Spotlight: I have been getting the Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures, which are beautiful and interesting, until recently. In lock screen settings I have set it to Windows Spotlight, but I am not getting them anymore. What happened? How can I continue to get the lock screen...
  8. How to default lock screen to Picture instead of Spotlight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to default lock screen to Picture instead of Spotlight: [ATTACH] Hi, guys! I hope everyone having a great holiday season. However, I am back in business and I have a question. So I am trying to set up a default lock screen for my Win 10 Pro using GPO. I found a workaround here on how to do this by placing the startup script...
  9. spotlight lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    spotlight lock screen: without waiting a week or two for windows to display the "Like what you see?" question, how do I find out what I'm looking at in my spotlight lock screen??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-lock-screen/ad43af1f-2c08-4456-8424-3e56c3709553
  10. Windows Spotlight/Lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight/Lock screen: Got two Win 10 Pro x64 systems in full time use, a laptop and a desktop. On the desktop the Lock screen is working as it should in default config - a new high def picture every few days, some of them quite beautiful. However on the laptop the picture never changes. I've...