Windows 10: Black screen no boot no sounds. I've tried almost everything.

Discus and support Black screen no boot no sounds. I've tried almost everything. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion dv7 3169-wm entertainment laptop. It's several years old. I upgraded to Windows 10 shortly before my problem began. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mattnjenn05, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Black screen no boot no sounds. I've tried almost everything.

I have an HP Pavilion dv7 3169-wm entertainment laptop. It's several years old. I upgraded to Windows 10 shortly before my problem began. After upgrading everything was incredibly slow and often the computer just froze. A few days later it started working a little better after an update. I didn't use it much after that and after a move decided to use it again. Plugged it in, turned it on and after it began to boot walked away only to return to a black screen. Since then nothing I've tried has been of any use. The computer turns on, the screen stays completely dark, the power light is on, the battery light flashes (the battery has been completely dead for sometime it has to be plugged in to work), no lights on the hdd at all, no sounds other than the fan running. The caps lock blinks once a few seconds after pressing the power button but then stays dark. I've tried every solution I could find from removing the battery to every combo of keys to an external monitor and nothing. I'm not very technical so I apologize if this is all non helpful information but I am quite desperate as I can not afford a replacement right now as we are recovering from the move and count on this computer for homeschooling my children. Any ideas what could be wrong? It's been a month or so now and I've read countless forums and no luck thus far.

:)

mattnjenn05, Oct 20, 2015
  2. ErwinHenstra, Oct 20, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    slance310, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Black screen no boot no sounds. I've tried almost everything.

Hi do you happen to know how much Ram you have.
    Did you install the latest drivers from the HP web site.
    How old is the laptop

hTconeM9user, Oct 20, 2015
  5. 6gb ram, I believe
    I used the support assistant to check for updates but did not do any updates manually
    I bought the laptop in 2010

6. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

7. There are no HP Win10 drivers for your machine. HP only provides Win10 drivers for machines made after August, 2013.

You can get more detailed help by posting to the HP Support Forums: Home - HP Support Forum

Mark Phelps, Oct 20, 2015
  8. Black screen no boot no sounds. I've tried almost everything.

Thanks. I tried posting there no responses yet, though.

mattnjenn05, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Black screen no boot no sounds. I've tried almost everything.

1. Black screen no boot no sounds. I've tried almost everything. - Similar Threads - Black screen boot

2. Black screen of death, I've tried everything!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen of death, I've tried everything!!: Hi,I seem to be getting a black screen of death whenever I install my graphics drivers for my RX 570 8GB. I'm really confused as I haven't had a graphics card issue before. I have tried resetting my PC, formatting my SSD, removing all other drives, reinstalling a fresh copy...
  3. Black screen of death, I've tried everything!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen of death, I've tried everything!!: Hi,I seem to be getting a black screen of death whenever I install my graphics drivers for my RX 570 8GB. I'm really confused as I haven't had a graphics card issue before. I have tried resetting my PC, formatting my SSD, removing all other drives, reinstalling a fresh copy...
  4. Black screen of death, I've tried everything!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound problem and I've tried everything... help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem and I've tried everything... help: Just bought a new pc with windows 10, and plugged in my soundcard I'm a music producer and simply does not want to work with windows.All sounds work through the soundcard until I open up cubase, everything ceases including cubase and i get this error code on Groove...
  6. Sound problem and I've tried everything... help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem and I've tried everything... help: Just bought a new pc with windows 10, and plugged in my soundcard I'm a music producer and simply does not want to work with windows.All sounds work through the soundcard until I open up cubase, everything ceases including cubase and i get this error code on Groove...
  7. Sound problem and I've tried everything... help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. i’ve tried almost everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    i’ve tried almost everything: i have a huge problem that i can’t fix. it has to do with the internet settings. when i go to it to try and trouble shoot, i can’t even press it because it crashes when i open the status bar that you see on the left. i’ve tried countless tutorials on some ways to fix the...
  9. I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi: A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a popular game from a reputable website, or so I thought. It came with a program that seemed as though it was spam so I deleted it. Shortly after I could not connect to WIFI. Now I am using a 25ft Ethernet cable running through my house....
  10. I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!: Whenever I try to open Windows Defender it instantly closes. I still get notifications and it keeps removing something I need to let past it but I can't because it just instantly closes. I did a scan with malware bytes, it caught nothing. I uninstalled malwarebytes as well...