Windows 10: Black screen no command functions working

Discus and support Black screen no command functions working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I recently switched hard drives on my inspiring 15 5000 series sell which runs on Windows 10. I was trying to grab some files from my computer that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StrangeLyon, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Black screen no command functions working

So I recently switched hard drives on my inspiring 15 5000 series sell which runs on Windows 10. I was trying to grab some files from my computer that doesn't work anymore. When I put the new hard drive back in all I can seem to do is run task manager there is a black screen and explorer.exe is not working every time I input a command it appears for .05 secs and disappears the next please help I need to get my school work done

:)

StrangeLyon, Aug 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Black screen no command functions working

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Black screen no command functions working

1. Black screen no command functions working - Similar Threads - Black screen command

2. Black screen with command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with command prompt: So basically I had a 2022 windows 10 pc and I wanted to get a 2016 version for my liking and it downloaded everything and then restarted my pc ever since then I didn't know what to do I watched some guides to do some health check ups but it didn't help it gpt me really...
  3. Black screen with command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with command prompt: So basically I had a 2022 windows 10 pc and I wanted to get a 2016 version for my liking and it downloaded everything and then restarted my pc ever since then I didn't know what to do I watched some guides to do some health check ups but it didn't help it gpt me really...
  4. Black screen with command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Touch screen function not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch screen function not working: My MS Surface laptop model 1769 is little more than one year old. I haven't been using the touch screen function for a long time. Recently when I tried it was not working. I tried the troubleshooting like updating the device driver etc, it did not work. Can I give me a...
  6. Windows opens with command prompt and a black screen.

Windows opens with command prompt and a black screen.: When I switch on my laptop. It opens with a command prompt screen and a black background, i.e. dekstop is not visible. On closing command prompt the black screen remains and the only function that works is Alt+Ctrl+delete. Please help.[IMG]...
  7. print screen function not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    print screen function not working: Dear Sir/Mdm: My print screen key isn't working. Can you give me a solution? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-screen-function-not-working/2f67a582-8bf1-4d63-96e7-8c650d63d088
  8. Black command screen.

Black command screen.: Black command box periodically flashes on my screen. Can anyone help to solve this problem. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-command-screen/51cd14f1-8d48-4e8b-a13b-deef6cebc7bb
  9. windows boots into black screen with command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    windows boots into black screen with command prompt: Noticed today that there was an update ready to install so I went ahead with it. During the update process I accidentally hit f8 at my bios screen and booted into windows boot manager. Realizing my mistake I went ahead and exited it and hoped that the update would be...
  10. Command Prompt not working and random black screens.

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt not working and random black screens.: Alright, I fixed it, seems like I fixed it by updating my graphics card drivers.