Windows 10: black screen no cursor after update on fresh windows 10 installation.

Discus and support black screen no cursor after update on fresh windows 10 installation. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So basically, I've been dealing with this issue ever since I've upgraded to windows 10 months ago. I've done disk checks sata port checks almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by flawlessbrown, Dec 5, 2015.

1. black screen no cursor after update on fresh windows 10 installation.

So basically, I've been dealing with this issue ever since I've upgraded to windows 10 months ago. I've done disk checks sata port checks almost everything under the sun and still have not found a solution to my problem.

____

Months ago, anytime my computer was shut down for more than an hour or 2 I would encounter an interesting unique problem. After booting and loading the bios screen, the next screen would be black and would hang there and I would have to hard reset and try again. I would keep having to hard reset until it would boot into the Windows Boot Manager and from there I would hit the Reset button or go to the advanced settings, and hit continue to windows 10 and it would from there boot into windows successfully. AHA! now you must be thinking "Simple work around! Simply boot into the Windows Boot Manager every time you shut down your computer and easily but annoyingly bootleg boot into windows 10 everytime using the Boot Manager options" and I thought the same. Unfortunately unless I let my computer get to the boot manager by hard resets at that black screen I cant get windows 10 to boot, If any of you have any suggestions please let me know.

I've reinstalled windows 10 again for the 2nd time on a new ssd in hopes that it was a drive issue but that does not seem to be the case, This is my second install of windows 10 on this ssd. This time I've installed windows HOME instead of Pro.

Does anyone know if I've wasted a write cycle on this new Samsung 850 evo? I just received it in the mail and would rather not waste its lifespan on trouble shooting

___
    I do NOT boot into a black screen with a cursor
    _____

EDIT: There is now something I'm going to call "The Event" After a fresh install my windows 10 will freeze however i can move my mouse but no keyboard commands work and I from this point have to force reset my computer, AFTER i FORCE RESET when my computer is shut down for a couple of hours i encounter the boot problem. so this "EVENT" has something to do with whats causing this issue.

The Event was different when windows 10 was installed on my 1TB HDD, everything would lock up rather then being able to use my mouse and it would force reset on its own.

:)

flawlessbrown, Dec 5, 2015

2. Windo.ws 10 downloaded and installed and upon restart boot stopped at black screen and blinking cursor

Any resource for how to get from black screen and blinking cursor after Windows 10 upgrade download and install? Upon boot up screen is now black with the blinking cursor top left

KinteClark, Dec 5, 2015
  3. Microsoft Windows 10 Update for AMD Radeon HD 6620G does NOT WORK!!

Has anyone found a solution for this display driver? My problem is a black screen for around 45 seconds with no cursor, nothing. It only started after a windows 10 update, an update after windows 10 was installed.

ListOrSwap.com, Dec 5, 2015
Thema:

black screen no cursor after update on fresh windows 10 installation.

1. black screen no cursor after update on fresh windows 10 installation. - Similar Threads - black screen cursor

2. Windows 10 Black Screen With Cursor after Window Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black Screen With Cursor after Window Update: Yesterday, I clicked update and shut down in start button to update my laptop and shut down automatically when it is complete. Today when I start up my laptop, it shows the black screen with cursor. What should I do in order to solve this?...
  3. Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update: My laptop has 2 OS's of Windows 10. The second OS got the WCU earlier this week without incident. The first OS WCU conflicted with Avast Cleanup Premium after spending so many hours downloading and installing & reinstalling the latest WCU automatically. The machine crashed...
  4. Black Screen with cursor after update installing

Black Screen with cursor after update installing: I'm not asking for my self. My Windows 10 Laptop is working fine. I'm asking this question for my Friend. My friend recently update the windows 10 version. The Windows update stucked at 15% . I don't know what he exactly did. He Said, "I forcefully shut down the Laptop and...
  5. Black Screen with Cursor after update

Black Screen with Cursor after update: Hi I'm now getting a black screen with the cursor displayed after updating Windows 10. I cannot access the task manager or boot in safe mode. Which is all the suggested fixes I can find. How can I fix this?...
  6. Black Screen after iTunes Update. No Cursor

Black Screen after iTunes Update. No Cursor: My HP ENVY laptop with touch screen running Windows 10 Pro performed an update for the iTunes software. After the update and restart I had a black screen with no cursor. It is running because I can get keyboard responses like turn on keyboard backlight. Googled the...
  7. Windows 10 Black screen with cursor after windows update

Windows 10 Black screen with cursor after windows update: Dear All, I am using Asus Laptop, in that i am using windows 10 64 Bit, last week my windows took long time to update. after that when i switch ON the laptop after the ASUS logo i am facing the Black screen with cursor blinking, i couldn't move further. Lot of data is in...
  8. Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates: Hello all, Today during my browsing with Chrome all of the sudden all of my 3 monitors just turned pitch black with only a cursor . At first I thought it might be a problem with the Graphics card since this is mainly my video editing PC that encodes a lot of video with...
  9. Black screen WITHOUT cursor after Windows 10 installation

Black screen WITHOUT cursor after Windows 10 installation: I installed Windows 10 yesterday and I had kept my laptop on power and I went away for a bit and when I came back a couple of hours later, my laptop's screen was black but the lights on the laptop blinked so as to show that it had just restarted. So I waited for it to start,...
  10. Black screen no cursor after updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen no cursor after updating to Windows 10: I have a Alienware Alpha 2014 PC. I recently updated to Windows 10 and now have a black screen no cursor. I did check in the forum and that seems to be a common issue. When I typed in my password, I heard Skype open, so I know it is there, just not on my screen. I do not have...