Windows 10: Black screen no cursor after updating to Windows 10

Discus and support Black screen no cursor after updating to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Alienware Alpha 2014 PC. I recently updated to Windows 10 and now have a black screen no cursor. I did check in the forum and that seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Roadangel65, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Black screen no cursor after updating to Windows 10

I have a Alienware Alpha 2014 PC. I recently updated to Windows 10 and now have a black screen no cursor. I did check in the forum and that seems to be a common issue. When I typed in my password, I heard Skype open, so I know it is there, just not on my screen. I do not have a port to plug in another screen, nor do I think it would make a difference. I also tried the drop, the windows +p and nothing worked. Any suggestions? Thank you

:)

Roadangel65, Aug 8, 2017

2. Windo.ws 10 downloaded and installed and upon restart boot stopped at black screen and blinking cursor

Any resource for how to get from black screen and blinking cursor after Windows 10 upgrade download and install? Upon boot up screen is now black with the blinking cursor top left

KinteClark, Aug 8, 2017
  3. Windows 10 black screen with cursor

After updation of my laptop core i3 5547 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 successfully now Iogin but after here appear black screen with functional cursor Alt cntrl +delete is working but black screen please anyone help me..

shadmohammad, Aug 8, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

Black screen no cursor after updating to Windows 10

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Here's what my suggestion would be:

Assuming you can load your computer in Safe Mode (with networking) where you can see everything, download the latest driver update for your video card, install it, then restart the computer.

pepanee, Aug 8, 2017
  5. I already tried that... still nothing, just a black screen

Roadangel65, Aug 8, 2017
  6. pepanee Win User
    Have you figured a way to run the Command Prompt before the computer starts up, and you can see that? There's various methods of fixes that you can try with that. [If anyone else is reading this and knows really good methods, please join in]. I saw on YouTube there's a bunch of different commands that could attempt to fix that, from the Command Prompt.

Many of them say to type in: sfc /scannow

Try that first

pepanee, Aug 8, 2017
  7. pepanee Win User
    pepanee, Aug 8, 2017
  8. Black screen no cursor after updating to Windows 10

I tried that and after it scanned it gave me an error saying

Windows Resource Protection could not preform the requested operation

Roadangel65, Aug 8, 2017
  9. pepanee Win User
    pepanee, Aug 8, 2017
  10. Roadangel65, Aug 8, 2017
  11. pepanee Win User
    Another idea that I have that you can try (I would try it), is to see if you can find a video/method of how to uninstall your graphics card using Command Prompt. Then after it uninstalls, Windows will try to install the generic driver for your video card and maybe you'd be able to see something from there. See if you can try that.

pepanee, Aug 8, 2017
  12. Being that I have just a black screen and no cursor, there is no way for me to do this. Well, it's bedtime in Wisconsin. Thanks for trying.

Roadangel65, Aug 8, 2017
  13. pepanee Win User

Alright, we'll figure it out tomorrow.

When you read this: You were able to go to Command Prompt earlier, go to the Command Prompt the same way you did from earlier.

pepanee, Aug 8, 2017
  14. pepanee Win User
    pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen no cursor after updating to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Black screen with cursor on startup after updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor on startup after updating: Whenever I do this update and restart, the screen is just black with my cursor I can open task manager, RUN, cmd, Powershell but I cannot see the screen. I tried all the solutions I found online like Restarting file explorer,SFC/scannow, the DISM command i forgot the name,...
  3. Black screen with cursor on startup after updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor on startup after updating: Whenever I do this update and restart, the screen is just black with my cursor I can open task manager, RUN, cmd, Powershell but I cannot see the screen. I tried all the solutions I found online like Restarting file explorer,SFC/scannow, the DISM command i forgot the name,...
  4. Windows 10 Black Screen With Cursor after Window Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Black Screen With Cursor after Window Update: Yesterday, I clicked update and shut down in start button to update my laptop and shut down automatically when it is complete. Today when I start up my laptop, it shows the black screen with cursor. What should I do in order to solve this?...
  5. Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update: My laptop has 2 OS's of Windows 10. The second OS got the WCU earlier this week without incident. The first OS WCU conflicted with Avast Cleanup Premium after spending so many hours downloading and installing & reinstalling the latest WCU automatically. The machine crashed...
  6. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

Black Screen with Cursor After recent update: Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you...
  7. Black Screen with Cursor after update

Black Screen with Cursor after update: Hi I'm now getting a black screen with the cursor displayed after updating Windows 10. I cannot access the task manager or boot in safe mode. Which is all the suggested fixes I can find. How can I fix this?...
  8. Black Screen after iTunes Update. No Cursor

Black Screen after iTunes Update. No Cursor: My HP ENVY laptop with touch screen running Windows 10 Pro performed an update for the iTunes software. After the update and restart I had a black screen with no cursor. It is running because I can get keyboard responses like turn on keyboard backlight. Googled the...
  9. Windows 10 Black screen with cursor after windows update

Windows 10 Black screen with cursor after windows update: Dear All, I am using Asus Laptop, in that i am using windows 10 64 Bit, last week my windows took long time to update. after that when i switch ON the laptop after the ASUS logo i am facing the Black screen with cursor blinking, i couldn't move further. Lot of data is in...
  10. Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates: Hello all, Today during my browsing with Chrome all of the sudden all of my 3 monitors just turned pitch black with only a cursor . At first I thought it might be a problem with the Graphics card since this is mainly my video editing PC that encodes a lot of video with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. alienware windows update black screen no curser