Windows 10: Black screen no cursor or login

Discus and support Black screen no cursor or login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Samsung laptop is technically switched on in the sense that it has power, however when I switch it on there is no login screen, no screen with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mojo212, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Mojo212 Win User

Black screen no cursor or login

My Samsung laptop is technically switched on in the sense that it has power, however when I switch it on there is no login screen, no screen with the samsung logo, and no cursor. No matter how many buttons I press or how often I switch it on and off, it remains the same - black, power but nothing else. Any advice?

:)

Mojo212, Jul 3, 2017

2. [ASUS A550C] Installed Nvidia drivers and got either black screen or screen glitchy

Still the same. But with black screen with no cursor after login

A_Random_Guy_Beta, Jul 3, 2017
  3. Black Screen

my display shows black screen with cursor before login page

Soumendra Mahapatra, Jul 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Sounds like a hardware problem if you see nothing on the screen- ever. Do you hear any beeps?
    How do you know it is powered up- is anything illuminated? (Usually there's some indicator- power, disk...)

History- was this working yesterday and now not? Have you just bought this? Etc...

dalchina, Jul 3, 2017
  5. Mojo212 Win User
    Yes there are lights on (where the power button is) and sometimes I can hear a beep, also the fan is on.

My laptop is a bit old, I don't know how old but it was originally Windows 7 before I updated it to Windows 10.

I've had a few problems with it in the past where I have had to reset it, however those were always simple software issues. This is the first time where there is simply nothing on the screen.

I have tried unplugging the power and battery, resetting it multiple times, but all to no avail. It started last night, I think I might have not powered it down so it was in sleep mode for a long time. I can't get it to sleep now though.

Mojo212, Jul 3, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    If you can't even access the BIOS, I can't think of much you can do. You would normally expect to see a splash screen of some sort after power up. Without that there's no hope of getting it to boot from a DVD or flash drive.

You can of course extract the disk and read that on another PC.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen no cursor or login - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello this morning I woke up to my pc booting into a black screen with only a cursor and nothing else.I have tried the tutorials on how to fix it but they need access to the task manager which doesn't come up for me...
  3. Black Screen With Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen With Cursor after Login: Hello, i have some issues with my laptop after i turn on the power button, and fill up my lockscreen password, the screen is turning black but i can still move the cursor, is there any idea how to fix this? pls help :...
  4. Black screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen with cursor after login: When I logged in to my windows 10, I saw a black screen with movable cursor so I tried a lots of fixes but it didn't work for me. At last I tried to restart my graphics driver by pressing windows key ± Ctrl + shift +B , it started working normally but when I shutdowned my PC...
  5. Black screen with cursor before login.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor before login.: When powering on my laptop it only shows a black screen with the cursor after the logo. Ctrl+shift+esc as well as ctrl+alt+del does not do anything. Help please. submitted by /u/Van_3 [link] [comments]...
  6. Black screen and cursor before login

Black screen and cursor before login: Yesterday my PC was updated to windows 10, I turned it off and the next day I turned it on it started up with the usual logos and start up sound, but the screen stays black and the cursor appears only when I kove the mouse. What do I do?...
  7. Black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor before login: Hello, Yesterday I have updated my Windows 10, but today i can't start the system. When the laptop is starting, before the login screen, we only see black screen with cursor. I can boot the computer in safe mode and works fine, but I don't know how to fix it, becasuse...
  8. Black screen with cursor after login?

Black screen with cursor after login?: So, I purchased a (nearly new) laptop from someone recently, and started it up to find that the taskbar didn't want to respond to my mouse. A website suggested I use the task manager to End Task the Windows Explorer and, like a Fool, I did. Now, the screen's black (though I...
  9. Black Screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen with cursor after login: Good day, I really hope someone could guide me to a solution. I have a fairly new Dell G5, with a SSD running the OS (Win 10 home), and important apps. Everytime I restart, or shut down or any form of normal boot up, the Notebook starts quickly, up to the login screen. After...
  10. Black Screen + Cursor at Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen + Cursor at Login: Greetings all, I had a critical update take place today and when I login now I get a black screen with only a cursor on my main PC. I am unable to revert using the usual options available (system restore, startup repair, etc.) as all are failing. Has anyone else got nuked...