Windows 10: Black Screen-no explorer or icons after repair install

Discus and support Black Screen-no explorer or icons after repair install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer was working fine but the DISM online was screwing up. I created an ISO with an ESD Iso image and did a reinstall. Probably should have left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pittguy578, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Black Screen-no explorer or icons after repair install

My computer was working fine but the DISM online was screwing up. I created an ISO with an ESD Iso image and did a reinstall. Probably should have left it alone.

But now I can't get to my desktop and my explorer isn't working even when I manually type it in under task manager. ANy way to fix this???

:)

pittguy578, Sep 30, 2016

2. Black screen after windows logo

So it started this morning:

I turned on my pc and it froze right after it passed the Blue windows logo screen. A black screen appeared with no cursor.

I rebooted the pc (through the reset button) and everytime it got stuck at the black screen and then rebooted on its own. After a few rounds of black screen and reboots, I got the advanced repair options
    but it couldn't repair anything.

A very few times that it did manage to go boot and go to the desktop, it froze and didn't let me open any files or folders. Also when I mouse over the files, a black box appears around the icons and the
    file names appear garbled

I haven't installed anything lately that might cause this to happen.

Please help me solve this issue. I don't want to reset my pc as I have installed several applications since installing windows 10

Please help

blackystrat, Sep 30, 2016
  3. How do I keeo Creators Update off my PC?

I did a repair install of my PC using the Creator's Update.

After upgrade met with black screen upon boot. Restored my PC from backup image.

Decided to do a repair install using the Anniversary Edition ISO. Went well.

After repair install it asked me if I wanted to upgrade to Creators Update. I said no.

It then put an icon on my desktop saying "Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant".

How do I keep the Creators Update from installing on my PC?

TommyEnglish, Sep 30, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Black Screen-no explorer or icons after repair install

Hi, did you do a clean install somehow - a full reinstall of Windows?

Or did you, for example, login to Windows, mount the iso, and start an in-place upgrade repair from setup.exe?

From the title I would assume the second.

Try unplugging everything you don't need, particularly a wireless mouse, and restarting. Sometimes works.
    Try disabling fast start-up.

Also see posts such as:
    Solved Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen - Page 12 - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Black Screen w/ Cursor After Login. - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Fix for windows 10 booting to a black screen - Page 6 - Windows 10 Forums

More by searching the forum for
    black screen after login

dalchina, Oct 1, 2016
Thema:

Black Screen-no explorer or icons after repair install

1. Black Screen-no explorer or icons after repair install - Similar Threads - Black Screen explorer

2. Black screen with cursor after automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor after automatic repair: I've searched similar issues here but any solutions wouldnt work. My laptop Acer Aspire E15 starts up with just the acer logo without the spinning cirlces. After a few minutes, it'll say "preparing automatic repair" and it just stays like that for a few mins until it finishes...
  3. Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair '

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair ': Please help me, i was using my pc normally and a pop up came from 'sequrity and maintenance' like, 'reboot to start repairing disk'...I don't know, I don't remember that.But after i clicked on restart restarting screen was showing for like 10 minutes, so I pressed the power...
  4. Black Screen after Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen after Automatic Repair: Hello. A few months ago, I was having problems with installing an update and now I’m having problems booting the laptop up. I dropped my laptop on the floor, tried to boot it up and got an automatic repair preparation screen. After that screen a blank CMD flashes on the...
  5. Black Screen after Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen after Automatic Repair: Hello. A few months ago, I was having problems with installing an update and now I’m having problems booting the laptop up. I dropped my laptop on the floor, tried to boot it up and got an automatic repair preparation screen. After that screen a blank CMD flashes on the...
  6. Black Screen after Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Black Screen after Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after Automatic Repair: Dear Microsoft Community I am here to ask for your help, just recently my laptop with OS windows 10, after I boot-up the system the company logo appears along with white circle loading animation, after that it runs the automatic repair and goes in to black screen with cursor....
  8. Black screen after preparing automatic repair screen

Black screen after preparing automatic repair screen: Just today my laptop crashed and rebooted into automatic repair. However, as the title suggests, it keeps bringing me to a black screen after the loading screen. Just to clarify, the pointer does appear onscreen and the capslock key lights up when pressed. Does anyone have...
  9. Black screen after preparing automatic repair

Black screen after preparing automatic repair: Yesterday while i was using my laptop, it suddeny freezes and it goes into a bluescreen with a stopcode. I turned off the laptop with a long press, after that i opened it up again and it shows the manufacturer' name and circling dots and a preparing automatic update. After a...
  10. Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’: Hey. Yesterday my HP laptop finished updating to what I assume is the latest Windows 10 version. Everything was fine for a few hours until I shifted the pc and accidentally pulled the battery out, so it shut down suddenly. My laptop has a black ‘bar’ just below the screen...