Windows 10: Black screen no matter what...

Discus and support Black screen no matter what... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Winn 10 has been working fine, then I go and turn on and from the get go I have no screen, I suspect it is with the screen timeout settings changing by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ctbeast, May 12, 2016.

1. ctbeast Win User

Black screen no matter what...

Winn 10 has been working fine, then I go and turn on and from the get go I have no screen, I suspect it is with the screen timeout settings changing by themselves AGAIN... But I have no screen at every point, from turning on....

I have tried the on board video card, I have tried 2 other monitors, I have tried another video card. I have turned off and disconnected the power...

They computer is working fine, I can't even get a screen to the bios.

Can anyone please help????

:)

ctbeast, May 12, 2016

2. Computer has black screen no matter what I do

Hello Drew,

We regret for the inconvenience.

In Windows, performance issues are usually fixed after you perform a Reset.

However, if it still does not help, I suggest you to would recommend you refer to the below link to create a Windows 10 media Installation disk and then perform a Automatic Repair for the Computer.

Automatic Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Automatic Repair scans your computer for the problem and then tries to fix it so your computer can start correctly.
    Run Automatic repair and check the issue status.

Create Windows 10 ISO: Download Windows 10

Please follow the below steps to perform the Start Up repair for the computer.

a) Insert the Installation Disk into the disk drive of the computer. Press any key from the keyboard when prompted to.

b) Follow the instructions till the Install Now screen and then Click
    Repair your computer.

c) Click Advanced Options.

d) Click Troubleshoot.

e) Click Automatic Repair.

f) Follow the on screen instructions.

Before you proceed: You might require to change the
    boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from CD/DVD or USB. Or else PC will continue to load Windows from Hard Disk

Hope it helps this time.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 12, 2016
  3. Computer has black screen no matter what I do

All I see is the MSI logo on the screen for about 5 seconds and then just a black screen. I've tried the thing where you turn off and on your computer multiple times to the windows recovery open and still just a black screen

DrewHarrell, May 12, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

PSU or low level hardware fault? Cabling? Connector?

Whilst it would appear not worth suggesting a live boot disk as you say you can't get any sort of video signal, it might be of passing interest to try- you should at least be able to note the disk being accessed, for what that's worth, indicating your PC is working at that level.

Presumably you have checked you have power to your monitor. (Forgive the elementary suggestion!)

dalchina, May 12, 2016
  5. ctbeast Win User
    Yeah, I have made a WIn 10 USB install, but I can't even get into the bios so that I can set the computer to read the USB first. I was hoping to maybe do a repair.
    Yes, I have power, even swapped power units.

ctbeast, May 12, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Presumably no BIOS beeps...

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen no matter what... - Similar Threads - Black screen matter

2. Can’t get past welcome screen no matter what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get past welcome screen no matter what: I can’t get past the welcome loading screen screen and if I take to long on the screen before it, it freezes, boot options troubleshoot doesn’t show advanced items the command prompt I’ve tried everything there. And I’ve logged in during the brokenness and I used advanced...
  3. Can’t get past welcome screen no matter what

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t get past welcome screen no matter what: I can’t get past the welcome loading screen screen and if I take to long on the screen before it, it freezes, boot options troubleshoot doesn’t show advanced items the command prompt I’ve tried everything there. And I’ve logged in during the brokenness and I used advanced...
  4. Can’t get past welcome screen no matter what

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windwos 11 Screen Saver Not Working No Matter What

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windwos 11 Screen Saver Not Working No Matter What: I have a pc windows 11 and the screen saver does not work despite any type of settings. I've set the screen saver settings to turn on after 2min. However, the computer stays on forever.The PC is up to date.All drivers are updated. Unfortunately every thread I read are basic...
  6. Windwos 11 Screen Saver Not Working No Matter What

Windwos 11 Screen Saver Not Working No Matter What: I have a pc windows 11 and the screen saver does not work despite any type of settings. I've set the screen saver settings to turn on after 2min. However, the computer stays on forever.The PC is up to date.All drivers are updated. Unfortunately every thread I read are basic...
  7. Can't Defrag No Matter What

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Defrag No Matter What: In order to defrag, I can just press the Windows key and search "defrag," and the correct option Defrag and Optimize Drives appears. In order to defrag, I must click on this option, and select the Analyze button, yes? Well this button is grayed out and I cannot click it. I...
  8. Can't Defrag No Matter What

Can't Defrag No Matter What: In order to defrag, I can just press the Windows key and search "defrag," and the correct option Defrag and Optimize Drives appears. In order to defrag, I must click on this option, and select the Analyze button, yes? Well this button is grayed out and I cannot click it. I...
  9. Microphone not working no matter what

Microphone not working no matter what: Hello, I have not used my mic built-in in a laptop in a while now 1 week possibly, and now when I actually want to use it I just can't. It no longer works at all. The device is shown in the sound control and is set to default. I have tried reinstalling drivers, and even...
  10. Windows will not boot, black screen with circling dots no matter what I do.

Windows will not boot, black screen with circling dots no matter what I do.: I am really lost on what to do. About 10 days ago I got a message in windows saying some files were corrupted, I did a system reset kept my files and I've been running fine since then. Until today, when I turned on my PC and encountered the dreaded black screen with the...