Windows 10: Black screen (no mouse) after boot workaround

Discus and support Black screen (no mouse) after boot workaround in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; This worked for my post boot black screen (no cursor) issue. It's a workaround rather than a fix but I think we're dependant on Intel releasing an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Win10warrior, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Black screen (no mouse) after boot workaround

This worked for my post boot black screen (no cursor) issue. It's a workaround rather than a fix but I think we're dependant on Intel releasing an upgraded driver to fix the issue properly.
    My Asus X53E laptop is using the i7 2670QM CPU with integrated Intel Graphics HD 3000 CPU.
    After boot up allow 30 seconds or so for the machine to boot to login screen (although the screen will appear blank). When disk activity lessens put the machine to sleep (on my laptop: Fn + F1). Once machine power led goes off, switch the machine back on. It should wake up with the display on.

:)

Win10warrior, Aug 20, 2015

2. Black screen after boot up logo no mouse

When I power up my pc it loads up the windows icon as normal,after that the screen goes black with no mouce, anything I can do?

LeonWilberforce, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Black screen after boot up logo no mouse

Hi Leon,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Do you received any error message when screen goes to black screen?
    For now, I suggest you to go to the below link and Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Black screen (no mouse) after boot workaround

Hey, I don't know if this will fix your issue but it fixed mine. Check your BIOS, and update it! My issue was not a driver issue but actually a BIOS issue all along. I spent ages trying to replace the drivers when that was not the problem. As it turns out, my BIOS version was dated at 2011, checking the intel website for a BIOS update for my laptop and installing it solved this issue. Check your BIOS. I hope this helps. Black screen (no mouse) after boot workaround :p

DingdongJR, Sep 24, 2015
Thema:

Black screen (no mouse) after boot workaround

1. Black screen (no mouse) after boot workaround - Similar Threads - Black screen mouse

2. Black screen with mouse on boot up W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with mouse on boot up W11: Hello, when ı open my PC its really slow and it boots up into a temporary blackscreen with only mice visible, Sometimes it shows something has crashed in the top corner of the screen but it goes away too fast ı cant catch what it is, Even after the black screen has gone away...
  3. Black screen with mouse on boot up W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with mouse on boot up W11: Hello, when ı open my PC its really slow and it boots up into a temporary blackscreen with only mice visible, Sometimes it shows something has crashed in the top corner of the screen but it goes away too fast ı cant catch what it is, Even after the black screen has gone away...
  4. Black Screen and keyboard and mouse not on after changing boot mode to usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen and keyboard and mouse not on after changing boot mode to usb: Hi so I wanted to reinstall windows so I did all the usual things, when I put my pc boot mode onto usb and it rebooted it self the issue of no display and keyboard and mouse off started. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  5. Black Screen and keyboard and mouse not on after changing boot mode to usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen and keyboard and mouse not on after changing boot mode to usb: Hi so I wanted to reinstall windows so I did all the usual things, when I put my pc boot mode onto usb and it rebooted it self the issue of no display and keyboard and mouse off started. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Blue screen on boot and winREcovery is black screen with mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blue screen on boot and winREcovery is black screen with mouse: When i boot it blue screens it says “unmuontable boot volume “ recovery mode is black screen with mouse i cant buy a repair usb and i will love help i worked on this pc a lot and have lots of data i wanna keep...
  7. Blue screen on boot and winRE is black screen with mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blue screen on boot and winRE is black screen with mouse: When i boot it blue screens unmuontable boot volume recovery mode is black screen with mouse i cant buy a repair usb and i will love help i worked on this pc a lot and have lots of data i wanna keep...
  8. Black Screen After Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Boot: Ok so I have had this issue happen to me twice now and the only thing that has changed is that I recently went from a Mamba TE to the Mamba Elite which had me install Synapse 3. What happens is my PC gets through boot, shows the Windows loading circle, but then it just goes...
  9. anyone else booting into a black screen with a mouse after recent update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    anyone else booting into a black screen with a mouse after recent update?: My system runs a grub dual boot with Linux and Windows 10. After a recent feature update, my computer no longer booted to grub and instead went straight to Windows. However, when it does so it loads a black screen with a mouse I have tried booting into installation media...
  10. Black Screen after booting form Windows 10 without mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after booting form Windows 10 without mouse: Hi guys i new here. Recently i upgarded my ACER Aspire E1431 laptop from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro via the USB at first everything was OK there was no problem so i shutdown my laptop. after a couple of hours i went back to turn it on and lo and behold after the...