Windows 10: Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help

Discus and support Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Computer model: Lenovo Y700 Microsoft 10 6th gen i7 processor It has 2 graphics cards: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M 2GB NVIDIA® GTX 960M 4 GB GDD5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by secretagentman, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help

Computer model: Lenovo Y700
    Microsoft 10
    6th gen i7 processor
    It has 2 graphics cards:

• NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M 2GB
    • NVIDIA® GTX 960M 4 GB GDD5
    ​16 gigs RAM

Ok my computer is having a problem with a black screen. This computer is brand new, arrived on the 14th. I was running World of Warships, then I closed the laptop, and when trying to re-enter, I get a black screen. Yes, I have tried shutting down. I can hear the hard drive, and can see the power button backlights, as well as keyboard backlighting. I cannot see the mouse. From reading other posts, I think it may have auto-selected the wrong graphics card. I have never used a TV or other screen with this. Please help me with this, I am a new windows user, having recently immigrated from IOS. A detailed explanation would be appreciated, because I have no idea how to do that much.

:)

secretagentman, Dec 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 Black screen problem NOT AFTER INSTALATION

• No changes were made
    • the screen is black with a reponsive mouse
    • The screen becomes black with a functional mouse where the login screen should be
    • Normal loading screen for windows 10 says "please wait"
    • Everything works in safe mode
    • No

eight88888888, Dec 16, 2015
  3. [Windows 10] [Logon screen] Cursor customization

Hi Bil,

Please answer the below questions for the better understanding of the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. What do you mean by, "windows logon screen always bring black screen"?

For the black screen related issue, please follow the below link.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

To make the mouse left handed simply follow the below steps.

1. Press Windows key + X key> Go to settings> Devices.

2. There Mouse and Touchpad> Select primary button> Right.

Do this for every account and check if it helps.

Thank you.

Have a good day!

Amarjeet_Paul, Dec 16, 2015
  4. Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help

Please help me, I am getting kind of irritated at windows, as IOS was like computers with training wheels, but now I have a dirt bike. This may be in the wrong section. I cannot (I think) access bios or whatnot, because the screen isn't showing. I have not dropped the computer. I think I had McAffee running. Please, if anyone has anything to offer.

5. Ok, I found something.... on the bottom were 2 stick on tabs on the side of the computer covering something.... I don't think they are heating grills, they may be aesthetic. Someone, please at least try to help me. Anything that worked for similar problems, tell me it.

6. Can someone help me, perhaps a moderator? I have not had success seeking help on the forum before, when another computer had a problem, so I sent it back. This is my second computer within a month. It is within warranty. Should I take it to a software store?

secretagentman, Dec 17, 2015
  7. Hey guys, I have had 158 views but no help, could someone please give me a suggestion of what to do? Apps I had installed:
    Steam
    TF2
    Opera
    Chrome
    Firefox
    War Thunder
    Heroes and Generals

I hadn't messed with any settings.

secretagentman, Dec 21, 2015
  8. Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help

Can someone please help me? THis is my main problem with the microsoft community, lack of help.

secretagentman, Jan 1, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Not sure why you are not getting any responses, but I would start by removing one of the Video cards.
    If that doesn't give you a image, try pressing Windows key + P then press the down arrow once then press Enter.

Windows key + P normally gives you this:

Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help [​IMG]

Ztruker, Jan 1, 2016
  10. Opening it up failed to work.... Yes I took the screws off but the bottom refused to be pried off. I am assuming I dn't have to remove the stand pads?

secretagentman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help

1. Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help - Similar Threads - Black Screen Mouse

2. Black Screen help please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen help please: Anyone please help me , first i got a blue screen after i go to a certain restore point then after i restart the laptop and log in it became all black with a mouse cursor. I tried to access the task manager but it says reinstall Duser.dllNext is i tried to go to a certain...
  3. Black Screen help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen help please: Anyone please help me , first i got a blue screen after i go to a certain restore point then after i restart the laptop and log in it became all black with a mouse cursor. I tried to access the task manager but it says reinstall Duser.dllNext is i tried to go to a certain...
  4. Black Screen help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BLACK SCREEN PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLACK SCREEN PLEASE HELP!: Today i turned on my pc as usual, but i had some troubles...[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-please-help/7fcdc8a1-13a6-44d6-8bb7-1be326d1d706
  6. Black screen PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen PLEASE HELP: While playing games my screen with randomly go black for a few seconds and then come back. It crashes some of my games and i have been unable to resolve this by myself so I am asking on here for anyone please help me! My error from security and maintenance details is here....
  7. Conneted to wrong graphics card? Black screen, no mouse, please help.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Conneted to wrong graphics card? Black screen, no mouse, please help.: Not sure where to put this, as I haven't gotten help in other forum parts, so I am putting it wherever I think it might work. Please help me, kudos to you if you at least try. Computer model: Lenovo Y700 Microsoft 10 6th gen i7 processor It has 2 graphics cards:...
  8. Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP: Okay so I'm panicking a bit here. Installed the 'Windows 10 Login Screen Changer' that I found on this forum, clicked 'change background' and bam...black screen. I turned the computer off and on again and still black screen with a Cursor. Ctrl Alt Del does nothing. My...
  9. PLEASE HELP! black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    PLEASE HELP! black screen: Hi, i have been getting a black screen even on safe mode, so basically cant do anything just, The only thing that i can do is run the troubleshoot. Im not sure why this happened, at the beginning i thought it was a problem with my gpu or some drivers, so i went in safe mode...
  10. Black screen error, no mouse, computer on, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen error, no mouse, computer on, please help: Computer model: Lenovo Y700 Microsoft 10 6th gen i7 processor It has 2 graphics cards: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M 2GB NVIDIA® GTX 960M 4 GB GDD5 ​16 gigs RAM Ok my computer is having a problem with a black screen. This computer is brand new, arrived on the 14th....