Windows 10: Black screen of mortality

Discus and support Black screen of mortality in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've called it that as not to confuse the issue with the discussions on the Blue Screen Of Death. For some weeks now and on every couple of days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Keith G Z, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Keith G Z Win User

Black screen of mortality

I've called it that as not to confuse the issue with the discussions on the Blue Screen Of Death.

For some weeks now and on every couple of days (and sometimes 2 or 3 times a day) while I am browsing or when I am logged on to other Internet sites my computer screen turns black, the infernal buffering thing (which hardly ever seems to go away) spins and spins but nothing happens and the only way I can get back on to my computer is to press the reboot button. There is never any message with this. It just happens.

If this is a problem that MS were aware of there might well have been an update to fix it but my W10 Pro is set on "metered" and since It set it to that I have not been able to download any Windows updates at all. In fact, while I can see that downloads are sitting and waiting for me to download them, for the life of me I can't find out where and how to do it anywhere in the user extremely UNfriendly control panel.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and on how to fix it?

Thank you.

:)

Keith G Z, Oct 18, 2015

2. xbox one backwards compatibility

Xbox, when Mortal Kombat 9 will be backward compatible?

THEblangeeer17, Oct 18, 2015
  3. grschinon Win User
    Barcode scanner

The numbers probably mean something to Tesco's but not to mere mortals like you and me.

grschinon, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

Black screen of mortality

1. Black screen of mortality - Similar Threads - Black screen mortality

2. Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen: I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people...
  3. Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Black Screen and Browser Black Screen: I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo Concept Store Festival Mall & PC Express didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people...
  4. Mortal Kombat 9 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mortal Kombat 9 error: I downloaded Mortal Kombat 9 a while ago and when I opened the MKKE exe in the DiscContentPC file while extracting the rar file, I received the side-by-side configuration is incorrect error. I was able to fix this by downloading C++ 2008 today, but now I am getting the...
  5. Mortal Kombat 9 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mortal Kombat 9 error: I downloaded Mortal Kombat 9 a while ago and when I opened the MKKE exe in the DiscContentPC file while extracting the rar file, I received the side-by-side configuration is incorrect error. I was able to fix this by downloading C++ 2008 today, but now I am getting the...
  6. Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen: I am getting the black screen after I log on to my user account admin account as well. I have researched the various solutions to this to no avail. I also get to the black screen on safe mode both with/without networking. I have tried all the recovery solutions in the...
  7. black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen: my laptop does not show anything on my screen it’s just black screen but the power button light is on but it’s just black screen. what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen/9a3b9456-989a-4188-947a-20901d10ee5e
  8. Black Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen: Hey, My Windows 10 S Keeps Showing Black Screen While A Sound Plays And All I See Is My Mouse, Its Annoying, I Updated Like 3 Days Ago.. Any Ideas? corgiking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen/40bdf6fc-87b4-41c3-a773-b2fd1a612c78
  9. black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen: when I scroll through some pages my screen goes black until I scroll back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen/391892fe-5937-487f-95d9-4fe82fda7296
  10. black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    black screen: i have a win 10 laptop. sometimes, my screen becomes black for around 1 sec and then gets restored. what could be the problem. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen/6b7d69f8-11b9-497c-bf96-14a1a96b41ba