Windows 10: Black screen on initial boot

Discus and support Black screen on initial boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Acer laptop running 10 Home fully updated. Turn the power on and the computer boots very quickly to a very dark black screen. I can just make out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by canuck257, Jan 6, 2016.

1. canuck257 Win User

Black screen on initial boot

Acer laptop running 10 Home fully updated.

Turn the power on and the computer boots very quickly to a very dark black screen. I can just make out the desktop but not clearly enough to do anything. Power off then on again and it boots correctly but very slowly.

Any ideas please?

:)

canuck257, Jan 6, 2016

2. Unable to start Windows 10 after Anniversary Update

Has bricked my desktop. After installing, screen goes black. Then I tried booting from recovery disk, screen goes black. I can't even get into safe mode. Essentially computer is dead.. So all I can see is the initial boot logo, then the screen goes black.
    I can hit f12 to boot from recovery disk, but then screen goes black.

Original title: Anniversary Update

TonySeaback, Jan 6, 2016
  3. GFlat Win User
    Windows 10 June 2017 Update KB4022405 ISSUES

P.S. re: Cursor---When I boot from the Boot Media flash drive, I initially see a blinking white cursor at the top left of a black screen, but no cursor on the blue screen.

GFlat, Jan 6, 2016
  4. Private Win User

Try Turn Off Fast Startup, then shutdown and turn on the laptop again. See what it will produce this time.

Private, Jan 6, 2016
  5. canuck257 Win User
    Thank you, that fixed it.

canuck257, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen on initial boot - Similar Threads - Black screen initial

2. Black screen after initial boot screen Windopws Server 2012R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after initial boot screen Windopws Server 2012R2: Hi all,So my AD had a black screen after a weekend.Ctrl-Alt-Del work and I can open task manager. ran a new task for explorer but I get "this PC" only.Everything works in the back end but no desktop. I have tried uninstalling updates but to no avail.sfc /scannow ran and...
  3. Black screen after initial boot screen Windopws Server 2012R2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after initial boot screen Windopws Server 2012R2: Hi all,So my AD had a black screen after a weekend.Ctrl-Alt-Del work and I can open task manager. ran a new task for explorer but I get "this PC" only.Everything works in the back end but no desktop. I have tried uninstalling updates but to no avail.sfc /scannow ran and...
  4. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after initial boot screen: After the screen with the spinning dots and the Windows logo, the screen goes black. Windows is still responsive and makes sounds. To get it to display, I have to put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up to get it to display. I have tried reinstalling Windows and...
  5. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after initial boot screen: After the screen with the spinning dots and the Windows logo, the screen goes black. Windows is still responsive and makes sounds. To get it to display, I have to put the laptop to sleep and then wake it up to get it to display. I have tried reinstalling Windows and...
  6. Black screen after initial boot screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Black screen or initializing intel boot agent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen or initializing intel boot agent: So I went into the bios in my pc to try and turn on Viritualzation while I was there in the boot menu I turned the bios on all days of the week and set no time frame. When I went to restart to turn the days of the week off it just leaves it at initializing intel boot agent,...
  8. Black screen on boot after initiating automatic repair (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen on boot after initiating automatic repair (Windows 10): Hello I'm speaking on behalf for a problem on my dads computer. A month ago when trying to restart the computer (It had not been rebooted in roughly 6 months) It came up with the "operating system not found try disconnecting any drives" error message. I removed all drives...
  9. Black screen with cursur dash during initial boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursur dash during initial boot.: Now I searched and found a long list of cures for the problem that none panned out to correct the problem. My system is listed so you can see what it is. The problem apears to be unique to the MB and the 2504 BIOS falsh. No I have not reflashed to return to earlier BIOS...
  10. Black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on boot: When I try to boot up my pc, it goes straight to a black screen, no display whatsoever. I've tried restarting it 3 times in a row. The closest I've got was mashing F12 which gave me a few beeps then nothing. What else can I do?...