Windows 10: Black screen on Installation? (USB Bootable)

Discus and support Black screen on Installation? (USB Bootable) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was planning to reformat my old pc so i downloaded windows 10 & created bootable USB. But when i tried to boot the usb drive, it just gives me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mazikeen, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Mazikeen Win User

Black screen on Installation? (USB Bootable)

I was planning to reformat my old pc so i downloaded windows 10 & created bootable USB. But when i tried to boot the usb drive, it just gives me blackscreen after the blue windows logo. Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried waiting for 20minutes but nothing happen at all, just pure blackscreen. But the usb seems to be running, keyboard & mouse both has light so i don't really have a clue on what's going on.Has anyone encountered this before? Btw, it's current OS is windows 7 (pirated/cracked version) but im planning to install a genuine windows 10 with genuine key i bought. Please let me know anything that might help, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

:)

Mazikeen, Nov 13, 2017
  2. Eric Ber Win User

USB Boot Black screen

Hi Kester,

To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the USB drive you are using is connected to a USB 2.0 port or a USB 3.0 port?
    • Have you tried connecting your bootable USB drive to a different USB port and see if you will still encounter the same issue?
    • Have you tried to create a bootable USB using a different USB drive and see if you will still encounter the same issue?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Nov 13, 2017
  3. Bootable disc and USB wont install

Black screen would suggest the display adapter. If your computer supports on board graphics, remove the discrete video card (nVidia GTX), then restart setup to see if it progresses.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 13, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

There's nothing we can do to help for a pirated/cracked version other than to recommend that you format and install a genuine version.

Please review the forum rules below.

Forum Rules - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Nov 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Black screen on Installation? (USB Bootable) - Similar Threads - Black screen Installation

2. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows from Bootable USB: My laptop Razerblade base model late 2019 had an issues as everytime I tried to bootup it would result in CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and so I cleaned and formatted my SSD and HDD through CMD and tried to reinstall Windows 10 however it came up with the error 0x800701B1 during the...
  3. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows from Bootable USB: My laptop Razerblade base model late 2019 had an issues as everytime I tried to bootup it would result in CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and so I cleaned and formatted my SSD and HDD through CMD and tried to reinstall Windows 10 however it came up with the error 0x800701B1 during the...
  4. Win10 Bootable USB installation question

Win10 Bootable USB installation question: A while back ago I created a Windows 10 USB Bootable stick using the Media Creation Tool. How can I find out which version and build number I have on my USB bootable stick? I am guessing it is 20H2, but I really prefer to double check it. Is there a command to check this...
  5. Windows usb bootable media installation stuck on windows screen

Windows usb bootable media installation stuck on windows screen: Hi, i just put my new ssd in, and my media bootable usb, i had to change boot mode to legacy to get it to load. And i put the usb to the top by pressing f6. But now the windows screen did pop up, but it seems to be stuck there and no loading circle is visible. Is there any...
  6. Making a preexisting install USB bootable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making a preexisting install USB bootable: My SSD is failing, and the connector to attach an internal disk in my laptop has been lost (it's a SATA connector on a flat flex cable) I have a spare mechanical disk, and a USB3 SATA cable. I have booted fresh installs from USB before, but those were Windows 7 and Server...
  7. Installing windows from a bootable USB

Installing windows from a bootable USB: I have just finished putting together my new PC and I am struggling to install windows. I am using a Macbook to make my bootable USB. I have tried using a bootable USB made with Bootcamp assistant - the USB came up in bios but it would not boot into the windows install...
  8. Blank Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB: Whenever i boot into the usb that has windows 10 iso files installed i am able achieve a screen with the windows logo and a cirlce loading with dots, after it fades my whole screen turns black with no installer appearing. I am unable to access anything in my computer other...
  9. Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB: Whenever i boot into the usb that has windows 10 iso files installed i am able achieve a screen with the windows logo and a cirlce loading with dots, after it fades my whole screen turns black with no installer appearing. I am unable to access anything in my computer other...
  10. Black screen after windows 10 Logo (Installation/Bootable USB)

Black screen after windows 10 Logo (Installation/Bootable USB): So i was planning to reformat my old pc & install new os/clean install but when i tried to boot with the bootable usb drive, it just gives me blackscreen after the blue windows logo. Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried waiting for 20minutes but nothing happen at all, just...