Windows 10: Black Screen on laptop / Connection with monitor stops

Discus and support Black Screen on laptop / Connection with monitor stops in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Lenovo Z710 laptop. It has keyboard like THIS. On F9 key it you can turn on/off laptop screen. Do you know what Im talking about?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by thebasix, Dec 14, 2016.

1. thebasix Win User

Black Screen on laptop / Connection with monitor stops

Hello,

I have a Lenovo Z710 laptop. It has keyboard like THIS. On F9 key it you can turn on/off laptop screen. Do you know what Im talking about? Remember this for later. Also, I always use external 24" Dell monitor, 99% of time.

I have the following problem. Every day, once or twice, out of nowhere my laptop screen goes black and my external monitor gets disconnected. I dont know the exact reason, but I think the issue might be with nVidia graphic card. I have 2 GPUs, as you can see in my specs info.

But Im not sure. Every time I run a game with nVidia (Modern Combat 5), in just a matter of minutes, the game crashes. So that's why I always use integrated intel graphics. But the issues still happens. That's why Im not sure that nvidia card is the problem.

Now that I described my problem to you, I would appreciate if someone can tell howcould I diagnose the problem??

Regards

:)

thebasix, Dec 14, 2016

2. My Laptop screen stays black and not detectable after windows 10 KB3140741 update

Please help. My Laptop screen stays black after windows 10 KB3140741 update. I am able to connect to an external monitor and sign in, but my laptop monitor is not detectable and stay black. I tried to change the display setting to show the extension or
    duplicate, but my laptop monitor stays black. I have a MacBook Pro running on Window 10. Thanks for your help in advance.

SteveITConsultant, Dec 14, 2016
  3. Lacecm Win User
    When I close my laptop the attached monitors (via replicator) go blank

I have two monitors connected via replicator to my laptop. All HP.

when I close the laptop screen the two monitors go black...like they lose connection.

How do I fix this please?

Thanks Black Screen on laptop / Connection with monitor stops :)

Lacecm, Dec 14, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Dec 14, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    You appear to have a illegal installation of Windows 10 and cracked software. Please correct this by installing and activating a legal copy. If you then get any BSODs, run DM_Log_collector and upload the zip file and I'll be happy to take a look at it.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Black Screen on laptop / Connection with monitor stops - Similar Threads - Black Screen laptop

2. Monitor is connected to laptop and is detected, but screen is black and I am getting a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor is connected to laptop and is detected, but screen is black and I am getting a...: Here's the error for this. Maybe its the HDMI Cord but I don't have any others right now so I want to see if it isn't the HDMI cord.Here's the code:Device DISPLAY\SPT09AB\5&2680ea76&0&UID4352 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.Last Device Instance Id:...
  3. Monitor is connected to laptop and is detected, but screen is black and I am getting a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor is connected to laptop and is detected, but screen is black and I am getting a...: Here's the error for this. Maybe its the HDMI Cord but I don't have any others right now so I want to see if it isn't the HDMI cord.Here's the code:Device DISPLAY\SPT09AB\5&2680ea76&0&UID4352 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.Last Device Instance Id:...
  4. Monitor is connected to laptop and is detected, but screen is black and I am getting a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black monitor screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black monitor screen: My computer randomly just turns black. Its still on and whenever I’m listening to music I can still hear it. Whenever I’m playing games with my friends they say I don’t disconnect. Its just my monitor that turns black. This happens for about 5-10 minutes and then it returns...
  6. Black monitor screen

Black monitor screen: My computer randomly just turns black. Its still on and whenever I’m listening to music I can still hear it. Whenever I’m playing games with my friends they say I don’t disconnect. Its just my monitor that turns black. This happens for about 5-10 minutes and then it returns...
  7. Monitor Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor Black Screen: So my game kept crashing and I decided to do a pc reset with windows being downloaded on local files. The reset didn't work and when I start up my pc the logo of the monitor pops up, it shows the loading circle, and then it's just a black screen. I tried to shutting it off...
  8. Monitor Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Black Screen: So my game kept crashing and I decided to do a pc reset with windows being downloaded on local files. The reset didn't work and when I start up my pc the logo of the monitor pops up, it shows the loading circle, and then it's just a black screen. I tried to shutting it off...
  9. Monitor Black Screen

10. Both laptop screen and external monitor go black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Both laptop screen and external monitor go black: I have the new Acer Aspire laptop and a TV which I use as a monitor. They have worked together very happily some time now. But yesterday I had to do a forced shutdown when the start button would not work and the TV screen shrank in size and there were error messages. When I...