Windows 10: black screen on startup windows 10

Discus and support black screen on startup windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; hi when i turn my computer on it loads up but then a blue box appears and then dissappearsand it stays on a black screen but i can still hear sounds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by alexhob123, Jul 9, 2018.

1. black screen on startup windows 10

hi when i turn my computer on it loads up but then a blue box appears and then dissappearsand it stays on a black screen but i can still hear sounds through my headphones that i am using can someone help me please as to why this is happening also i turned it on yesterday did exactly the same but this a blue light appeared in the left corner of the screen and then stayed black again sounds were still coming out of headphones. can anyone please help me with why this is happening thanks

:)

alexhob123, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Black screen in windows 10 on startup

Hi Willu,

Getting a black screen on startup may imply a problem with the display adapter, having an outdated driver, or could be that it was just finalizing the recent upgrade. To help sort out and address this problem, we suggest that you follow the steps provided
    in the link,
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 9, 2018
  4. black screen on startup windows 10

Windows 10 black screen at startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community. I will certainly assist you with the issue.

Have you made any changes to your system prior to this issue?

I suggest you unplug all the external devices (except keyboard and mouse) connected to the system and restart it to check if it helps.

Refer the steps in the link given below and check.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Black screen and not signed in to windows 10:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

You can also put your system in safe mode and check if it helps.

Refer the steps given in the link below to start your system in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the status of the issue.

Swathi Ravichandran, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

black screen on startup windows 10

1. black screen on startup windows 10 - Similar Threads - black screen startup

2. Windows 10 black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen at startup: I restarted my computer and all of a sudden windows will not boot. I get motherboard splash screen but, then it goes black. I reset my PC and removed all the files, windows then starts to install but at 9% the computer restarts and back to black screen.Any advice would be...
  3. Windows 10 black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen at startup: I restarted my computer and all of a sudden windows will not boot. I get motherboard splash screen but, then it goes black. I reset my PC and removed all the files, windows then starts to install but at 9% the computer restarts and back to black screen.Any advice would be...
  4. Windows 10 black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 black screen on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 black screen on startup: Hello,I have HP pavilion x360 laptop, when I turn on my laptop and after the HP logo appears and before Microsoft logo appears,a black screen shows for about 2 minutes or a few less , then the laptop works normally,I tried to delete few updates that installed on the day that...
  6. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup: Whenever I login to my pc, things like discord and steam run on start, and then after about 30 seconds, the screen goes black, and the only way I can get it back to normal is by using the record video shortcut with the Radeon program that came with my GPU submitted by...
  7. Black screen on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on startup.: This isn't a major problem, but a minor nuisance. When I restart my laptop not including fast startups or waking from sleep mode there's a black screen that appears after the Windows logo. The only way to bypass it is by closing and reopening my laptop. I think on the black...
  8. Windows black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows black screen on startup: Hi there, I just recently reset my pc to try to fix an issue with the startup but it did not work. Specifically the problem happens right when I turn on my pc. When I boot up my system for the first time, everything turns on normally like my monitors, my fans, and the lights...
  9. black screen on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen on startup windows 10: hi when i turn my computer on it loads up but then a blue box appears and then dissappearsand it stays on a black screen but i can still hear sounds through my headphones that i am using can someone help me please as to why this is happening also i turned it on yesterday did...
  10. Windows 10 - black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - black screen at startup: started my desktop computer after being off for 24 hours, and it starts up with a black screen, the screen says from time to time no video input. I swapped cables, a different type of connection, nothing. When I opened the box, I see it restarting after about a minute,...