black screen on startup windows 10

Discus and support black screen on startup windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi when i turn my computer on it loads up but then a blue box appears and then dissappearsand it stays on a black screen but i can still hear sounds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alexhob123, Jul 9, 2018.

1. alexhob123 Win User

hi when i turn my computer on it loads up but then a blue box appears and then dissappearsand it stays on a black screen but i can still hear sounds through my headphones that i am using can someone help me please as to why this is happening also i turned it on yesterday did exactly the same but this a blue light appeared in the right corner of the screen and then stayed black again sounds were still coming out of headphones. can anyone please help me with why this is happening thanks

:)

alexhob123, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Vanessa Yar Win User
    Black screen in windows 10 on startup

Hi Willu,

Getting a black screen on startup may imply a problem with the display adapter, having an outdated driver, or could be that it was just finalizing the recent upgrade. To help sort out and address this problem, we suggest that you follow the steps provided
    in the link,
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Swathi Ravichandran Win User

Windows 10 black screen at startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community. I will certainly assist you with the issue.

Have you made any changes to your system prior to this issue?

I suggest you unplug all the external devices (except keyboard and mouse) connected to the system and restart it to check if it helps.

Refer the steps in the link given below and check.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Black screen and not signed in to windows 10:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

You can also put your system in safe mode and check if it helps.

Refer the steps given in the link below to start your system in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the status of the issue.

Swathi Ravichandran, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

1. black screen on startup windows 10 - Similar Threads - black screen startup

2. black screen on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    black screen on startup windows 10: hi when i turn my computer on it loads up but then a blue box appears and then dissappearsand it stays on a black screen but i can still hear sounds through my headphones that i am using can someone help me please as to why this is happening also i turned it on yesterday did...
  3. Startup boot to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup boot to black screen: ive recently built a new computer and installed windows 10 from the usb media however after a day or so the computer will boot to a black screen several times before give the C:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrialtxt error message. I have tried just about everything when I...
  4. Black login screen + fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black login screen + fast startup: After starting up my pc the first thing that I see is the image and date, so after pressing enter i should get the login screen but in my case i get a black screen and after 2-3 seconds back at the first screen. Pressing enter again get me the same resoults few times,...
  5. Black screen on startup, explorer.exe doesn't start automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on startup, explorer.exe doesn't start automatically: When I start windows I get a black screen with a command prompt. I have to use ctrl-alt-del and start explorer.exe as a new task. This is also happening in safe mode. I have looked through multiple forums to find a solution: most of them recommend running sfc /scannow and...
  6. Black Screen on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen on startup: New Dell XPS8920-7107-SLV-PUS starts with a Black Screen (no Dell screen) for about 40+ seconds. Screen then comes up to the "spinning circle of ball" and the "Please Wait". Everything is normal after this. The total time for PC to fully start and being used is about 70...
  7. Black Screen for 1 min every startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen for 1 min every startup: New PC (check my specs) that has a problem. From the first start up I always get a Black screen that lasts just over 1 minute. Then the screen starts with the Welcome Screen. Then everything is OK (some times - another post will follow). I have UEFI which I know nothing...
  8. HP Startup Black Screen - Strange behaviour!

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Startup Black Screen - Strange behaviour!: This morning my laptop stopped working. When loading what appears is just a black screen. Nothing more. The last thing I did on my pc was watching a film and I didn't download or install anything. I tried to make sure that the screen isn't broken by plugging it to a...
  9. Windows 10 - black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - black screen at startup: started my desktop computer after being off for 24 hours, and it starts up with a black screen, the screen says from time to time no video input. I swapped cables, a different type of connection, nothing. When I opened the box, I see it restarting after about a minute,...
  10. Black Screen with Cursor at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen with Cursor at startup: 2nd time poster, 1st time...."new threader". I kind of jumped into another black screen thread with this and it was suggested (rightly) that I start a new one. I'll just copy/paste what I posted there. I'm kind of a computer semi-literate, so forgive any dumb questions I...