Windows 10: Black screen or start menu not working intermittently on bootup

Discus and support Black screen or start menu not working intermittently on bootup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Black screen or start menu not working intermittently on bootup Have upgradd PC to Windows 10 some time ago, generally all ok. Occaisonly the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by reddwarf4ever, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Black screen or start menu not working intermittently on bootup

Black screen or start menu not working intermittently on bootup

Have upgradd PC to Windows 10 some time ago, generally all ok.

Occaisonly the PC starts up with a Black screen......the only way I have found to clear this is to press CTRL ALT DEL and sign out and sign in......

The other issue is that the start menu does not respond at all.....the only solution to this is to restart the PC, not sure if signing out and in fixes this.....

These issues happen to a friends PC who upgraded to Windows 10.....He has just done a clean install and says running much better, but too soon to say if it has resolved the other issues.....

wonder if these are common problems......

:)

reddwarf4ever, Mar 8, 2016

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Mar 8, 2016
  3. Windows Startup with Black Screen only a arrow with blinking

Hi,

We suggest that you check Andrew_HP's reply on Nov. 11, 2014 on the link below and see if it works for you:

Windows 10 Black screen on bootup.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 8, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

A quick search on these forums will show you there are several reports similar to this. I replied to one just a short while ago with a start menu problem.

problem with lost icons and start button

philc43, Mar 8, 2016
  5. I am not alone then......suppose that's something....I guess.....just got to wait for MS to sort it out

Going to try turning off fast startup.....seems to have fixed it for some...

reddwarf4ever, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen or start menu not working intermittently on bootup - Similar Threads - Black screen start

2. Computer Black Screens on Bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Black Screens on Bootup: My computer black screens when I boot it up and never reaches the log in screen or loads windows. I've tried using commands with the keys on my keyboard, but no keys actually bring up anything on my screen to actually make a change. My cursor doesn't show up on the screen...
  3. Computer Black Screens on Bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Black Screens on Bootup: My computer black screens when I boot it up and never reaches the log in screen or loads windows. I've tried using commands with the keys on my keyboard, but no keys actually bring up anything on my screen to actually make a change. My cursor doesn't show up on the screen...
  4. Computer Black Screens on Bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Intermittent Black Screen on Bootup Corrected by Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Black Screen on Bootup Corrected by Restart: When I first turn the laptop on, it comes up to the login screen but then just blacks out for fractions of seconds up to minutes. I can sometimes get the screen to come on by moving the cursor but as soon as the cursor touches the login box, screen goes black again. It's...
  6. Intermittent Black Screen on Bootup Corrected by Restart

Intermittent Black Screen on Bootup Corrected by Restart: When I first turn the laptop on, it comes up to the login screen but then just blacks out for fractions of seconds up to minutes. I can sometimes get the screen to come on by moving the cursor but as soon as the cursor touches the login box, screen goes black again. It's...
  7. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on bootup: Hi, I get a black screen. On start up, it looks like my laptop is booting normally, then the display goes black. The drive light and fan keep running. It’s happened a couple of times in the last month and both times, it’s come back on after turning it off and restarting it....
  8. Black screen on bootup

Black screen on bootup: Hi, I get a black screen. On start up, it looks like my laptop is booting normally, then the display goes black. The drive light and fan keep running. It’s happened a couple of times in the last month and both times, it’s come back on after turning it off and restarting it....
  9. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Help with black screen at bootup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with black screen at bootup?: Powered my laptop on, only to find myself stuck at the loading bootup screen. Powered on/off until the Preparing Automatic Repair text appears under the loading circle, except it just cuts to a black screen with my cursor and winpeshl.exe Pried open my laptop and poked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows pc intermittently display not working on boot