Windows 10: Black Screen upon booting up periodically - the login page not loading

Discus and support Black Screen upon booting up periodically - the login page not loading in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Black screen on booting up. Description, I press the power button to boot the laptop. It acts like it will boot fine. I see the ASUS logo. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ITPro, Jun 29, 2016.

1. ITPro Win User

Black Screen upon booting up periodically - the login page not loading

Black screen on booting up.

Description, I press the power button to boot the laptop. It acts like it will boot fine. I see the ASUS logo. After that, a black screen(sometimes it will go away - 90% of the time, I have to force shutdown and hold down power button 30-60 seconds. Other observations are that it sounds like the fan is still running or the HDD is making noise (not head crash noise, but it sounds maybe like the fan us running hard?

This randomly happens.

I have a feeling it may be:

User Profile Corruption (I should be using a Local Account)
    Signs Hard Disk Failure
    Windows Problems in general
    Display Adapter, or USB Bluetooth Peripherals (MSFT Sculpt Business Keyboard and Anker USB Bluetooth Mouse)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Is it likely a HDD issue?

:)

ITPro, Jun 29, 2016
  2. Mpayne247 Win User

black screen after win 10failed instillation

I have a mesh desktop 3.5 amd 8g ram with win 7 home premium.

I installed win 10 it said it failed and reset to win 7 upon reboot it loads up the login screen I put in my password it accepts it loads a win 7 blue page for a couple of seconds then just black screen with a mouse arrow. Ctrl alt del brings up the win
    7 ctrl alt del page but task manager is not working.

Help!

Mpayne247, Jun 29, 2016
  3. SHUZZBUTT Win User
    Random errors after new windows 10 update

It has now gone into a loop upon boot up and log in where it loads the home screen the screen goes black and it starts the process over. this only happens after i log in.

SHUZZBUTT, Jun 29, 2016
  4. Black Screen upon booting up periodically - the login page not loading

I have exactly the same problem, just since the Anniversary update on my Vaio. Here are the exact symptoms:
    • I boot up the laptop from a cold state.
    • The boot appears normal and my personal background appears with the current time. Normally, I would just need to click anywhere on this screen to receive my photo and a login prompt. Up to this point, by the way, I have not heard the Windows dah-dah-di-dah sound.
    • When I click on the screen, the background stays, but seems to zoom in slightly. No picture appears, no login prompt appears. The only icons are the WiFi icon and the accommodations icon for visually impaired. This icon functions, but nothing else does, no ctrl-alt-delete. Nothing.
    • I am forced to hold down the power key until the computer shuts down and then press it again to start.
    • At this point, the process usually proceeds normally (with the dah-dah-di-dah sound) and the login screen with my (circular) photo appears and functions normally.
    I am afraid that all of these forced shut-downs will eventually degrade the performance of my computer. Help!!

Davidwilliamw, Sep 13, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    Pressing Power is not good, you may Damage the HDD, head crash on Surface.
    On Log-on Screen there is normally a Power Icon.
    Try to boot once in Safe Mode
    Try to boot once with Basic Video

Adalwar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Black Screen upon booting up periodically - the login page not loading

1. Black Screen upon booting up periodically - the login page not loading - Similar Threads - Black Screen upon

2. Booting up pc then loading screen pops up then it goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting up pc then loading screen pops up then it goes black: so i cut on my pc and it said could not find your pin so i reset my pc to do startup repair and it asked for my password but i’m password less so i put no password but it says it’s incorrect i don’t know what to do i don’t know why it’s saying password incorrect when i don’t...
  3. Booting up pc then loading screen pops up then it goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting up pc then loading screen pops up then it goes black: so i cut on my pc and it said could not find your pin so i reset my pc to do startup repair and it asked for my password but i’m password less so i put no password but it says it’s incorrect i don’t know what to do i don’t know why it’s saying password incorrect when i don’t...
  4. Booting up pc then loading screen pops up then it goes black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black screen with loading cursor upon turning on computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with loading cursor upon turning on computer: Whenever I turn my pc on, I am first greeted with an "ibuypower" loading screen. Once it finishes loading there's only a black screen and a loading cursor. I've tried using safe mode but I get the error "LogonUI.exe - System Error, The system detected an overrun of a...
  6. My PC boots up to a black screen upon starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC boots up to a black screen upon starting: Hi, i am running a thinkpad E330 edge with an intel core i5-3230m processor with Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics and 4 gigabytes of ram.My pc was being unresponsive and laggy of course it would witht he specs i specificed earlier, so I decided to do a force shutdown. mainly...
  7. Windows 10 not loading to login page only black screen and mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not loading to login page only black screen and mouse: Desktop Computer would start but once it should have gone to start up login page the screen would just go black, I managed to start in safe mode once and uninstall graphics driver but this did not fix my problem, upon restarting I still had the same issue, black page. I did a...
  8. Boot up login screens

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up login screens: During the startup sequence the last thing that happens before Windows 10 goes to the Desktop is for me to login in my password. Most of the time the startup sequence lands on the Welcome Screen. That is what I prefer because my old laptop keyboard is on its last legs. I have...
  9. Black screen with cursor upon login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen with cursor upon login: Windows 10 I seem to have a proplem with the OS that happend after I turned my cpu on and off yesterday that once i have logged in the desktop is a black screen with only the cursor visible and able to move no startbar or apps only the task manger boots up after 20/30 minutes...
  10. Black screen booting up, hear windows login sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen booting up, hear windows login sound: Windows 10 has installed and everything is working fine, except for when booting up the LCD is black. If I hit power button to go to sleep, then hit again to turn on, the LCD comes on just fine, I've tried 4 different drivers ranging from 2012 to the current 8/17/2015 that...