Windows 10: Black screen when I log on on my little server with remote desktop

Discus and support Black screen when I log on on my little server with remote desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi friends I run a TV stick from Meegopad T02 with an Intel© Atom™ Z3735F Processor and Windows 10. When I connect a 720p display to the T02 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rilazo, Mar 30, 2016.

1. rilazo Win User

Black screen when I log on on my little server with remote desktop

Hi friends

I run a TV stick from Meegopad T02 with an Intel© Atom™ Z3735F Processor and Windows 10.

When I connect a 720p display to the T02 I see over an RDP session on a notebook just 720p. When 1080p is connected I see over RDP as well 1080p.

But I would like to run the Meegopad without any display connected only controlled over remote desktop (RDP). When I do so and the T02 booted up I can establish a remote session. But the display on the Notbook shows just a black. screen.

Is it possible to force Windows 10 to a dedicated screen resolution even when no display is connected? Somehow disable autodetection of the monitor?

:)

rilazo, Mar 30, 2016

2. I get a seemingly random series of black bars on the screen when I connect to servers using Remote Desktop

Original Title - Remote Desktop Black Bars

Hi All -

I get a seemingly random series of black bars on the screen when I connect to servers using Remote Desktop or RDCMan. I just solved the issue in RDP by disabling persistent bitmap caching in RDP. Now I'd like to find out if/how to turn it off in Remote
    Desktop Connection Manager.

Thanks,

Joey

JoeyPruett007, Mar 30, 2016
  3. Cindy_IT Win User
    KB3197954 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 and Windows Server 2016 caused RDP to malfunction

Before this update I could login via rdp on both server 2003 R2 and server 2008 R2 servers. When I log on remotely to server 2003 R2 server there are no issues. However when I log on remotely to server 2008 R2 server the session lasts maybe 2 mins then
    i get the error "Remote Desktop Connection has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly."

I have tested logging on to the server 2008 R2 server from a win7 pc and have no issues.

Any assistance to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated,

Cindy_IT, Mar 30, 2016
  4. rilazo Win User

Has really no one an idea how to overcome this issue?

rilazo, Apr 4, 2016
  5. sijones Win User
    Hi Rilazo - I can RDP in to an HP Microserver which is now running Windows 10 (never tried it before), so it is possible.

At the risk of asking a stupid question, is the version of W10 you're using one of the RDP-friendly versions? I believe only Pro / Business / Ultimate allow it. I don't think you can RDP into a W10 Home box. (you say you have a connection, so that probably is a stupid question...)

There's an impressive looking how-to here: RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC (I've only just joined the forum & am amazed at how much good stuff is here)

Mercifully, RDP has worked for me out of the box, but there is some stuff about setting bespoke Remote session resolutions here:
    http://superuser.com/questions/13814...nnection-mstsc
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=ws.10).aspx

Hope you get to the bottom of it, I'd be interested to know the solution if you find one.

sijones, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen when I log on on my little server with remote desktop - Similar Threads - Black screen log

2. Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC: HelloWe use RealVNC to remote in to our machine at the office it works the same as team viewer etc, but when we went to login today the screen was black. I can remote into another machine that is at the office so it isnt the internet and if I use RDP on that machine I still...
  3. Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen when connected via Remote Desktop: Hi,When connected via Remote DesktopRDP to Windows 10.0 19041, screen recording starts, but the screen is recorded black. Everything is fine on Windows 8.1. Help me please!...
  4. Black screen when I log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen when I log in: My laptop needed updating so i pressed update and shut down, now when i log in (it hasnt been long since i pressed update (only like an hour)) its just a black screen - is it still updating? submitted by /u/NukelerTNZ [link] [comments]...
  5. Remote Desktop with host PC at Log in Screen

Remote Desktop with host PC at Log in Screen: I have been using remote desktop on these computers for months. I have noticed that I can not remote into the host PC after a remote restart. Yesterday I went to the host computer site and restarted the PC and left it at the log in screen. I find that I can not remote into...
  6. No or little responce to the black/white screen after log-in

in Windows 10 Support
    No or little responce to the black/white screen after log-in: Hello, I'm using W10 Pro 64bit v1903 and after entering my password, the screen goes to a black blank screen for about 30 seconds after which, a white screen appears with a bit of standard text on it, mostly about 'ease of access' and that's it!! This all happened early...
  7. Remote Desktop Server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop Server: Evening All, Just wondering if anyone more experienced can just fill me in on the details - I'm convinced I'm missing something basic! We've got a Windows server 2019 machine that has remote desktop licencing for 50 CALs. However, when the user logs in via RDP, they get...
  8. Remote Desktop black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop black screen: After installing update 1903 on second computer I get a black screen when remote desktop connects. Tried rolling back video driver which took me back to a Microsoft basic driver from 2006 but only offers 1024x768 for best setting. This causes programs to be so large you can...
  9. Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black

Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black: I’m running Win10 1809.379 on my computer. Both computers that I’m using RDP to connect to are also on 1809.379. The problem starts when I connect to them both or either and then minimize them to the task bar, if it try to reopen them their screen goes black. Prior to...
  10. Black screen when logging in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen when logging in: Hi, I recently built my first PC using some new parts and some second hand ones from my friends, and it worked perfectly. Then I went away for a week and got back today, went to boot it up, made it to login, logged in and then the screen went black with the cursor appearing,...