Windows 10: Black screen with NO cursor while installing Windows 10

Discus and support Black screen with NO cursor while installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys! So like a lot of you, I wanted to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10. But when the laptop was in the middle of installing Windows 10 and had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Myssenberg, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Black screen with NO cursor while installing Windows 10

Hey guys!
    So like a lot of you, I wanted to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10. But when the laptop was in the middle of installing Windows 10 and had restarted a few times, as it does during the installation, it suddenly went black screen with NO cursor or anything. It has been like this for 2 days now, and I don't know what to do.
    I can clearly see that the laptop is still on and "working", so it has not just shut down.
    I'm afraid to force the laptop to turn off, because it's in the middle of a system upgrade. So I'm wondering if there are any alternative solutions or is my only option to force the laptop to shut down and then restart it and hope for the best?

//

:)

Myssenberg, Aug 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 Install Fails On Reboot

While I was not looking at my desktop screen the Windows 10 installation rebooted to a black screen with a blinking cursor. I rebooted, watched the Bios text scroll by, and was left at the black screen with a blinking cursor. Need a little help!

JamesMitchellJr, Aug 17, 2015
  3. KimHock Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade black screen

While upgrading to windows 10 from 7, it's stucked at this black screen with the new windows-10 logo in the middle(no cursor or anything else), for the past 7 hours!

so, is it still installing? and can it be offline if it is really still installing.

KimHock, Aug 17, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Black screen with NO cursor while installing Windows 10

Does anything happen if you click these keys together Ctrl/Alt/Delete

sn00ker, Aug 18, 2015
  5. 2 days. Holy Moly!

It seems like the process is stucked or interrupted by something. Try to restart you Laptop. Black screen thing happened to me too but for a few minutes (maybe 2 minutes). But then it came back to Upgrade Process for "Configuring Settings".

WindowsUser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Black screen with NO cursor while installing Windows 10

1. Black screen with NO cursor while installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Black Screen With Cursor In Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen With Cursor In Windows 10: When i turn on the computer and Login. After Startup i have a Black Screen with CursorI Restarted and when is restarted and i logged in it Was a black screen of cursorSo i restarted to safe mode and open Task Manager, Settings And File ExplorerAnd i restarted the computer and...
  3. Windows 10 with black screen and cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 with black screen and cursor: I recently bought a hp 6000 mini tower, and after plugging it in and getting it to boot up, I was met with a black screen and only the cursor. I tried using the turn off and on again 3 time to get into the menu, which was successful, but when I tried to put it into safe mode,...
  4. Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor: When I finished a new update for windows 10, my screen was black and the only thing that worked was moving the cursor. I tried using shortcuts to boot device manager, safe mode, reset the pcOmen doesn’t let it complete, and tried hard resetting. Any help would be much...
  5. Black screen with cursor while reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor while reinstalling windows 10: For some background, my PC was running unusually slow until it got to the point where it would stay stuck on the loading screen for a longer time then it should. I remember running powershell and it found there were corrupted files. I couldn't get rid of them normally (before...
  6. Windows 10 - Black Screen With Cursor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Black Screen With Cursor: I was gaming on my HP all in one, then the screen froze so i had to force shut it down. But when i tuened it back on, it was loading as usual. Then auddenly it started to show the loading screen without the HP logo then turn into a black screen with cursor. I used the Ctrl...
  7. Windows 10 with Black screen and cursor

Windows 10 with Black screen and cursor: Hi! I have a problem with my computer when I boot it I get a black screen with only my cursor displaying. I can tried everything, and came to a solution. I have to go to my monitor settings and set it to DP instead of the HDMI. I think the problem is my computer is...
  8. BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10

BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10: DEAR TEAM, WE ARE HATING WITH THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BUT STILL CURSOR IS THERE ON BLACK SCREEN, I HAVE DONE RESET / FACTORY RESET ....ETC .....TASK MANAGER ALSO NOT OPEN, SECOND MONITOR ALSO NOT WORK..... I HAVE CHECK ALL BUT WINDOWS IS VERY BAD. SHAME ON...
  9. Black screen with cursor on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor on windows 10: I recently updated my pc on the latest version of windows 10. After a week, I opened my pc, it showed black screen just after the loading screen. The mouse pointer vanishes within 2 seconds it comes back up ii i shaked the mouce. I tried everything on the net checked my...
  10. Alienware x51 Black screen with cursor while installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Alienware x51 Black screen with cursor while installing Windows 10: When installing windows 10 my computer restarted and it's now a black screen with a cursor. I'm not sure what to do I tried doing things like pressing Ctrl+alt+delete but it doesn't do anything, And if I can is it possible to revert back to windows 7? I've also tried...