Windows 10: Black screen with white horizontal line flashing on top left

Discus and support Black screen with white horizontal line flashing on top left in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Guys please help my laptop was fine yesterday until one day when I opened my laptop it loads then suddenly its just black screen with white horizontal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dacoolmike, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Black screen with white horizontal line flashing on top left

Guys please help my laptop was fine yesterday until one day when I opened my laptop it loads then suddenly its just black screen with white horizontal line flashing on top left of the screen. Not sure if this is a hardware issue considering my laptop is brand new and only got this last year. I have comodo firewall so it cant be a virus unless it is one. I didn't make any changes on my laptop before this happened, there were no new updates for my laptop from windows. I'm using windows 10, 1050 gtx nvidia, i7 intel core. I also did a sfc/ scannow and it came out with Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. I also checked my device manager and all my drivers are up to date. My laptop didn't do this before. And then I hold down the power button to turn it off and when I tried to boot my laptop again it loaded properly and fine this time. I'm not sure if I shouldn't have done that that's why I'm asking for help in this forums to hopefully solve that problem. I'm not a tech expert and i don't know how to dismantle my laptop with a screwdriver and I certainly don't want to reformat again because I just did that a few months ago this year. Please help.

:)

dacoolmike, Aug 11, 2018
  2. DarylAsem Win User

Black line (horizontal) on the screen

i used to have windows 7 on my laptop, now I have upgraded it to windows 10. Few days back,i installed steam and a one dimensional horizontal black line about the length of a finger has appeared on the screen, almost an inch below the top left corner of
    the screen. uinstalled steam, line hasn't disappeared. what should I do.

DarylAsem, Aug 11, 2018
  3. DarylAsem Win User
    Black line (horizontal) on the screen

Thanks for replying, actually the problem is a black single horizontal line, not a black screen.

DarylAsem, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Black screen with white horizontal line flashing on top left

Thin Flashing White Line

Hi everyone, I have recently updated my computer. I dont know much about it computers other than they do what I need them to do. After the update i have this very thin white line at the top of my screen the flashes as it pleases with no rhyme or reason.
    It is usually in the top center but is occasionally in the upper left hand corner. My computer is the hp pavilion 15 and it had windows 8 when I got it but this summer I got windows 10. This mysterious white line is my only complaint.

AustinSimkins, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Black screen with white horizontal line flashing on top left

1. Black screen with white horizontal line flashing on top left - Similar Threads - Black screen white

2. Black horizontal lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black horizontal lines: "Dear Microsoft Support,I recently purchased a Windows Gateway laptop, and I've noticed that there are black horizontal lines appearing on the screen that won't go away. I've tried restarting the laptop and adjusting the display settings, but the issue persists. Could you...
  3. Single Horizontal Black Line on top of my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single Horizontal Black Line on top of my Laptop: Since yesterday, There is a single visible black horizontal line on top of my Laptop Display. It hasn't been long since i got this laptop. Tried resting the lap for few hours but it didn't work, nor did the troubleshooter help.Expecting an reply.Thanks & Regards.Image Was...
  4. Single Horizontal Black Line on top of my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Single Horizontal Black Line on top of my Laptop: Since yesterday, There is a single visible black horizontal line on top of my Laptop Display. It hasn't been long since i got this laptop. Tried resting the lap for few hours but it didn't work, nor did the troubleshooter help.Expecting an reply.Thanks & Regards.Image Was...
  5. A pink horizontal line on the top and a green horizontal line in the middle of the screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A pink horizontal line on the top and a green horizontal line in the middle of the screen...: Please find the attached. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-pink-horizontal-line-on-the-top-and-a-green/36cb47a1-6847-45eb-9af9-4853d3908c8c
  6. A pink horizontal line on the top and a green horizontal line in the middle of the screen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A pink horizontal line on the top and a green horizontal line in the middle of the screen...: Please find the attached. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-pink-horizontal-line-on-the-top-and-a-green/36cb47a1-6847-45eb-9af9-4853d3908c8c
  7. A pink horizontal line on the top and a green horizontal line in the middle of the screen...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Horizontal lines on top of the screen and they keep multiplying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Horizontal lines on top of the screen and they keep multiplying: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sealed_Orion [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wsl6zn/horizontal_lines_on_top_of_the_screen_and_they/
  9. black screen with white flashing underscore in top left corner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen with white flashing underscore in top left corner: Hello! this morning I turned on my pc as usual, but after briefly seeing the HP logo for about half a second, the screen goes black, and a white underscore begins to flash in the top left corner. I tried turning it off and unplugging it, and then restarting, but it does...
  10. Windows Black screen with flashing horizontal line on top left

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Black screen with flashing horizontal line on top left: Guys please help my laptop was fine yesterday until one day when I opened my laptop it loads then suddenly its just black screen with white horizontal line flashing on top left of the screen. Not sure if this is a hardware issue considering my laptop is brand new and only got...