Windows 10: Black screen WITHOUT cursor after Windows 10 installation

Discus and support Black screen WITHOUT cursor after Windows 10 installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 yesterday and I had kept my laptop on power and I went away for a bit and when I came back a couple of hours later, my laptop's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by faizanmah, Aug 8, 2015.

1. faizanmah Win User

Black screen WITHOUT cursor after Windows 10 installation

I installed Windows 10 yesterday and I had kept my laptop on power and I went away for a bit and when I came back a couple of hours later, my laptop's screen was black but the lights on the laptop blinked so as to show that it had just restarted. So I waited for it to start, however the screen is black and there's absolutely nothing happening.

I googled the problem and found that people could see a cursor or a pointer on their screen but it's not coming for me. Also, my laptop is a 2 year old Dell Inspiron 14z. Can someone help me with this problem please? I need to access my computer, I have to travel in a week. Also, if it helps, I was updating from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and I don't have any CD for Windows 8 as it came pre-installed with it, with the shopkeeper telling me that Windows 8 comes installed in the BIOS so there's no CD. Anyway, I really need to access my laptop asap so can someone help me out please? I have got absolutely no clue as to what I should do.

Thanks

:)

faizanmah, Aug 8, 2015

2. window 10 enterprise problem

After i installed window 10 enterprise it showed desktop, after 1 minutes it showed a blank black screen with the cursor only, and whenever i try to start my pc it shows a black blank screen with only cursor without showing the desktop,help me rally important.

shashiRajT, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Windo.ws 10 downloaded and installed and upon restart boot stopped at black screen and blinking cursor

Any resource for how to get from black screen and blinking cursor after Windows 10 upgrade download and install? Upon boot up screen is now black with the blinking cursor top left

KinteClark, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Do you have a recovery partition? Most come with a recovery partition to factory reset them. Check your manufacturers site to see how to access it.

As long as you have a valid key you can d/l a copy of Win 8.

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create

Borg 386, Aug 8, 2015
  5. faizanmah Win User
    That's the thing, the shop I bought it from didn't give me any key, they just said that it's in the BIOS so you don't have to worry about it. They had imported the laptop and it came pre-installed which is maybe why they didn't give it. Also, how do I recover it when nothing is coming on my screen? It's completely black, nothing comes up. I've tried restoring it blindly but it's been to no avail

faizanmah, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    Borg 386, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen WITHOUT cursor after Windows 10 installation - Similar Threads - Black screen WITHOUT

2. Black Screen with cursor after update installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with cursor after update installing: I'm not asking for my self. My Windows 10 Laptop is working fine. I'm asking this question for my Friend. My friend recently update the windows 10 version. The Windows update stucked at 15% . I don't know what he exactly did. He Said, "I forcefully shut down the Laptop and...
  3. Random Black Screen Without Cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Black Screen Without Cursor: Sometimes I randomly get a black screen without cursor when closing out of a game, however it has happened just as many times while I'm out of the room without any game or other app running. It has only happened once before being able to log in and mostly tends to happen a...
  4. Windows 10 Black Screen without cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Black Screen without cursor: I got a blue screen while playing a game. I don't know why, but I panicked & turned it off by holding down the power button. I think this may have broken it Now all i get is a black screen and the sound of the fans, when i try to turn it on. [IMG]...
  5. Black screen without cursor after windowns 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen without cursor after windowns 10 update: Hi all, I just updated my dell vostro to windows 10 it seeming to be an easy update even for someone who doesn't know much about computers. It all started well but once finished it stopped working. I did see the windows ten logo and loading image shown when computer is...
  6. Windows 10 install stuck with black screen without cursor

Windows 10 install stuck with black screen without cursor: Yesterday I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and at the time of installation it gives message it may restart several times. It progressed to auto restarting after the installing step, but after the restart and gone through the dell startup screen blank, there...
  7. Windows 10 install stuck at black screen without cursor or anything

Windows 10 install stuck at black screen without cursor or anything: I tried updating from 8.1 to 10 from the iso and after a few reboots it just hangs at a black screen, what can i do now? Should i just reboot? 9249
  8. Window 10 black screen without cursor after login

Window 10 black screen without cursor after login: So i tried updating my computer from windows 8 to 10 and last night and it froze at 75% and configuration settings 1%, i let it sit there all night but it still was at 75%. I had read that people where having the same problem and that itll revert to windows 8.1 after you...
  9. Black screen issue during installation with or without cursor FIX.

Black screen issue during installation with or without cursor FIX.: Hi all, If you're here you are probably having the issue i had, and have had for about 3 days now. I was able to fix it myself and i would like to explain everything, because there was not a lot of useful information online for this. So during my windows 10 installation,...
  10. Black screen without cursor after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen without cursor after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro: After upgrading my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro I have also been plagued with the black screen of death. After the BIOS screen it goes black and I do not even get a mouse cursor and I've also let it run for about 30 minutes just in case and nothing. I've tried a lot of the...