Windows 10: BlAck screen

Discus and support BlAck screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a gateway laptop and yesterday I downloaded windows 10 to make a long story short im trying to access but it says preparing automatic repair for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tracy1974, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Tracy1974 Win User

BlAck screen

I have a gateway laptop and yesterday I downloaded windows 10 to make a long story short im trying to access but it says preparing automatic repair for an hour on and off now it says diagnosing your pc. It's been like that almost 2 hours should I be concerned ? Should I turn off and on again? Im confused and fustrated please help me

:)

Tracy1974, Mar 10, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Black Screen

The screen with the Date and Time is the lock screen. Do you click on it and then get the Log on screen?

How long is the black screen?

Is there a HP logo screen before the black screen or is the black scree the only thing before the Lock screen?

lacrumb, Mar 10, 2016
  3. Black Screen

The black screen remain for 20-30sec .

black screen is only seen before the lock but sometime before the hp logo also black screen is seen

Soumendra Mahapatra, Mar 10, 2016
Thema:

BlAck screen

1. BlAck screen - Similar Threads - BlAck screen

2. Windows 10 Cumulative Update - Black Screen Spinning Wheel Pre-login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Cumulative Update - Black Screen Spinning Wheel Pre-login: HI all, Looking for some help with an issue with Cumulative Updates on Windows 10 for a random selection of machines. Basically we have a selection of 100s out of 1000s of Windows 10 machines with different hardware models and OS versions that black screen on reboot...
  3. Black screen with cursor after Windows "repaired" my disc

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor after Windows "repaired" my disc: Hello, Hope someone can help. My laptop was working perfectly, it's on the latest Windows 10 build. Yesterday I saw I had a notification in the corner but action centre wouldn't open after clicking on it. Tried restarting explorer.exe, this didn't work and also messed up the...
  4. Background Screen is Black after 1903 udate. Cannot get a picture back for the background...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Screen is Black after 1903 udate. Cannot get a picture back for the background...: Ease of access settings is causing problem. Cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-screen-is-black-after-1903-udate-cannot/e6296dd5-518a-41a0-a1b5-dd9d8acc9feb
  5. Black Screen After Latest Update

Black Screen After Latest Update: I started the update to my Win10 Pro last night. The screen said it will take a long time (my words), so I went to bed expecting the latest to be fully installed and ready to go this morning. However, I now have a black screen. Occasionally, I will see my mouse cursor, and...
  6. Black screen with bigger than normal cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with bigger than normal cursor: Model: Lenovo Legion L530 8gb ram Hdd 1tb 7200rpm Core i5 8300h Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti My laptop updated almost a month ago to windows 10 1903 In the last days my laptop has been working great, relatively fast boot times, hard drive not going to 100%, etc. But last...
  7. Iiyama monitor - Screen turns black for a short moment, then back normal, 2-5 times an hour.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Iiyama monitor - Screen turns black for a short moment, then back normal, 2-5 times an hour.: Hey all, Recently my friend had bought a set of 2 new monitors (both Iiyama Black Hawk G2730HSU-B1) because his previous monitor had died. He has a MSI P55-GD65 (MS-7585) motherboard, and a NVidia GTX 1050TI graphics card. The issue currently is as the title says; He finds...
  8. Black Screen During Reset Windows 10 1903

Black Screen During Reset Windows 10 1903: I recently installed (maybe wrong) audio driver now i got "Failed to test tone" with the stock drivers in my laptop. Now too desperate that i did a reset and keep all files settings. When it says, "Do not turn off while installing windows 10" about after 35%, its on Black...
  9. Windows opens with command prompt and a black screen.

Windows opens with command prompt and a black screen.: When I switch on my laptop. It opens with a command prompt screen and a black background, i.e. dekstop is not visible. On closing command prompt the black screen remains and the only function that works is Alt+Ctrl+delete. Please help.[IMG]...
  10. HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD Again... and also INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD as well as black screen...

HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD Again... and also INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD as well as black screen...: Hello again, the HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD I previously had issues with and also fixed has returned. I have virtualisation turned off in the bios as well. This only started happening after overclocking so I suspect that has something to do with why it's returned. I would also...