Windows 10: Black Screen

Discus and support Black Screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 was reinstalled by a Microsoft tech and instead of screensaver starting after 15 minutes of inactivity my screen goes black. I have searched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BobBeyerlein, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Black Screen

Windows 10 was reinstalled by a Microsoft tech and instead of screensaver starting after 15 minutes of inactivity my screen goes black. I have searched to no avail. Any one have a working fix? I did install a windows 10 a Nvidea GeForce driver as one person advised. This did not help *cry

:)

BobBeyerlein, Nov 18, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Black Screen

The screen with the Date and Time is the lock screen. Do you click on it and then get the Log on screen?

How long is the black screen?

Is there a HP logo screen before the black screen or is the black scree the only thing before the Lock screen?

lacrumb, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Black Screen

The black screen remain for 20-30sec .

black screen is only seen before the lock but sometime before the hp logo also black screen is seen

Soumendra Mahapatra, Nov 18, 2016
Thema:

Black Screen

1. Black Screen - Similar Threads - Black Screen

2. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11: Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is...
  3. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11: Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is...
  4. Black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen: It's on a black screen to get back to my desktop I can restart but if I close it for a couple of minutes I'll be right back where I started https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen/d445b522-ef29-44f7-a936-d49d9aab16ce
  5. Black screen

Black screen: It's on a black screen to get back to my desktop I can restart but if I close it for a couple of minutes I'll be right back where I started https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen/d445b522-ef29-44f7-a936-d49d9aab16ce
  6. My laptop has been stuck on a black screen after lockscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop has been stuck on a black screen after lockscreen: I was on my laptop then I saw I needed to update I updated I got past the lockscreen and it was just black so I tried to run in safe mode it didn't work I tried to reset this pc it just said downloading finished then brought my back to the recovery options I tried...
  7. My laptop has been stuck on a black screen after lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has been stuck on a black screen after lockscreen: I was on my laptop then I saw I needed to update I updated I got past the lockscreen and it was just black so I tried to run in safe mode it didn't work I tried to reset this pc it just said downloading finished then brought my back to the recovery options I tried...
  8. My laptop has been stuck on a black screen after lockscreen

9. Kiosk mode causes all user account to be black screen after applying provisioning package...

Kiosk mode causes all user account to be black screen after applying provisioning package...: Not a question but I'm attempting to Answer the previous issue from January. I've been running into the same issue but what ended up working for me was I built the provisioning package using Microsoft Configuration Design from the Microsoft store. I was able to build, test,...
  10. Kiosk mode causes all user account to be black screen after applying provisioning package...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kiosk mode causes all user account to be black screen after applying provisioning package...: Not a question but I'm attempting to Answer the previous issue from January. I've been running into the same issue but what ended up working for me was I built the provisioning package using Microsoft Configuration Design from the Microsoft store. I was able to build, test,...