Windows 10: Black-sod. Need help figuring out why.

Discus and support Black-sod. Need help figuring out why. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have no idea what it was, is. But after screen turns black, sounds keep playing for about a min or so before it shuts down the pc. Windows10 x64.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by fusk, Jun 21, 2016.

1. fusk Win User

Black-sod. Need help figuring out why.

I have no idea what it was, is. But after screen turns black, sounds keep playing for about a min or so before it shuts down the pc.
    Windows10 x64.
    4670k, 16gb, gtx970.

:)

2. Need Help Figuring out Whats happening to my Microsoft 950??

Just got the phone two weeks ago... It was going good until this week. I am having touch issues only while in the photo's app. I try to select the a photo but it highlights a different one. The second issue is a big one. I go into the app store and
    see I have 19 updates waiting in queue. When I select to begin, it never does. All of them just sit in a queue and my battery gets drained quickly. The phone also heats up tremendously. I have had to do the "Android fix" (quick reset, or pull the battery)
    to the phone from trying to update. The issue is causing me headaches since I can not leave the house without the phone overheating and battery draining in less than 3 hours. Please, help me... ATT has no clue and keep saying I should opt for an android
    or apple. They claim MS has issues all the time.

Matt in Texas 19, Jun 21, 2016
  3. Blue Screen (Need Help Figuring Out What Is Causing It)

Keep getting blue screen or crash when playing games

If anyone could please help

Thanks In Advance

Crash Files

(110316-7875-01.7z)

Gilbert_Ramos14, Jun 21, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Please fill out your System Specs completely. Important to add Manufacturer to the entries where possible, especially video and system board.

How to fill out System Specs for tenforums.
    See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Ztruker, Jun 22, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    I still do not see any details of your power supply, if your power output is low this could trigger problems like you are having.

philc43, Jun 22, 2016
  6. fusk Win User
    You're right. Fixed now, hope it helps.

7. Ztruker Win User
    Without a dump there is not a lot I can do, especially since your native language is not English (Swedish, Norwegian?).

What I would normally do is look thorough Event Viewer to see what happens before the hang/crash but I can't read it.
    It's called Eventlog.txt.

What are you doing when the problem occurs?
    How often does it happen?

Is it reproducible?

Try doing a Clean Boot, see if the problem occurs or not. If not then something starting at boot time is causing it so follow the direction at the tutorial link.

See here: How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

Ztruker, Jun 22, 2016
  8. fusk Win User

I can't reporduce the event. It happens what appears to be random. I might be playing a game of lol which requires no more resources than pacman. It's usually during either a video or a game, as i remember. And it might be a week before it happens again.

I thought the file i attached was the dump. Problem is during a black screen i can't see if it does it's usually dump thingie before shutting off. The difference between a regular bsod is that a bsod reboots the machine, this issue does not, it shuts it off completely.

I've looked through the eventlog, but i don't know what i'm looking for.

9. Ztruker Win User
    Please make sure your PC is configured for small dump files:

How to Configure Windows 10 to Create Dump Files on BSOD

Record the date and time it happens as exact as possible and post that info here along with another run of DM_Log_collector. See what we can find and hope a dump is generated.

Some other things you can do as you have the time:

Run sfc /scannow from a Elevated Command Prompt.

Test RAM & Hard Drive:

RAM:

Download Memtest86+ (you want the 2nd one Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)). Unzip it then create a CD from the iso file using your CD burning software. There is a good freeware burner called ImgBurn which will do this easily.

DO NOT burn the .iso file directly to CD. It must be used as input to a program that knows what to do with it, like the one I mentioned above.

You can do this on any computer that has a working CD Burner.

You can also use a Flash drive instead of a CD.

Download - Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) *NEW!*.
    Unzip and run Memtest86+ USB Installer.exe.
    It will format the flash drive if you tell it to. I used a small, 16MB flash drive and it had 8.5GB left when done.

Boot the CD or Flash drive and run Memtest86+ for 8 complete passes unless it shows errors sooner than that. An overnight run, though good, may not be enough time. It depends on how much RAM you have.

You can stop the test after you see the first error appearing *Smile

Follow this tutorial to see how you can find out what exactly is causing the errors.

Hard Drive:

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.

7 Free Hard Drive Testing Programs
    Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
    Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics

Ztruker, Jun 23, 2016
  10. fusk Win User
    I've changed it to "small memory dump" from the default "complete dump"
    Testing my memory is something i've done before to no avail.
    But i'd like to note that i do have a stuttering issue that's apparently been common where latencymon shows a windows 10 issue with a network driver ndis.sys. No idea if that is related.

Attachment 86723
    Attachment 86724

11. Ztruker Win User
    How did you test your RAM? What program? How many passes? 8 is the recommended minimum.

Are you over clocking CPU, GPU or memory? If yes, reset everything to default and test.

You can also try a Clean Boot, see if the problem occur4s. If not then you know something that is starting at boot is causing it, so follow the directions to figure out what:

See here: How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

Ztruker, Jun 25, 2016
  12. fusk Win User
    I've used memtest86 for testing memory. I am not overclocking the memory, it's running it's default xmp settings. I don't remember the passes, but last time it ran for a few hours without any errors.
    My cpu is slightly overclocked, but the overclock hasn't changed since i switched to win10. I've been running with these settings (44 MP at ~1.235v) on win7 for over a year without any issues. Running aida64 doesn't make it crash either.
    gfx card was overclocked, but is running at default atm.

13. Ztruker Win User

Please set all over clicking to standard for now. Once this problem is resolved then try over clocking again and see what happens.

Then try the Clean Boot as I mentioned.

Ztruker, Jun 26, 2016
  14. fusk Win User
    I've already set the oc back to default, but havn't done clean boot as i then wouldn't know if either helped, so doing the oc thingie first, and waiting to see results.

Thema:

1. Black-sod. Need help figuring out why. - Similar Threads - Black sod Need

2. BSODs need help figuring out cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs need help figuring out cause: Hello, getting hit with BSODs relentlessly. Mostly memory management or irql less equal. But once also saw a kernel related stop code. Windows keeps crashing in couple of minutes of reboot. Also, was unsuccessful with resetting the OS -- the pc somehow restarted in the middle...
  3. BSODs need help figuring out cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs need help figuring out cause: Hello, getting hit with BSODs relentlessly. Mostly memory management or irql less equal. But once also saw a kernel related stop code. Windows keeps crashing in couple of minutes of reboot. Also, was unsuccessful with resetting the OS -- the pc somehow restarted in the middle...
  4. BSODs need help figuring out cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. need help figuring out why my PC is having the BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help figuring out why my PC is having the BSOD: Was wondering if anyone can help me out in figuring why my PC is having blue screens. It has been happening more frequently like once a week and has been when the PC is idle with a twitch stream running. I don't know too much, but have used the bluescreenview app to have a...
  6. need help figuring out why my PC is having the BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help figuring out why my PC is having the BSOD: Was wondering if anyone can help me out in figuring why my PC is having blue screens. It has been happening more frequently like once a week and has been when the PC is idle with a twitch stream running. I don't know too much, but have used the bluescreenview app to have a...
  7. need help figuring out why my PC is having the BSOD

8. Need help figuring out why Windows keep crashing

Need help figuring out why Windows keep crashing: I will try to provide any information needed. Here is the link to my MEMORY.DMP:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oBWokugNsg1-W9vxVRKchfUvKc4pFw_O/view?usp=sharing...
  9. Need help figuring out why my computer keeps rebooting

Need help figuring out why my computer keeps rebooting: Support has been of zero assistance. My computer is rebooting multiple times a day. Here is a memory dump. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me what it says is causing it: Link to Memory Dump Remove the .txt extension to access the dump. I have run all...
  10. Need help with figuring out the causes of BSoD

Need help with figuring out the causes of BSoD: Hello, Recently, when I upgraded most of my components in my computer everything except GPU I have been getting these strange BSoDs. I've tried searching about them on different forums and concluded that this error does not have a defined answer on how to fix it, but its...