Windows 10: Black start up screen on OS Windows 10

Discus and support Black start up screen on OS Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I was having issues with uploading files from a SD card to my desktop ( Dell desktop running Windows 10 ) or even viewing files , photos on me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mikegarcia0224, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Black start up screen on OS Windows 10

So I was having issues with uploading files from a SD card to my desktop
    ( Dell desktop running Windows 10 ) or even viewing files , photos on me desktop with a message of The remote procedure call failed and did not execute. So I followed a few links , settings , ( RCP ) on , manual ,etc. These processes did not work. So I just decided to wipe everything & restore it to its original factory settings & files (delete everything option). This all occurred around 10:30 pm I saw it get all the way up to restoring 1% and went to bed. Once I awoke & checked on it , it was on a screen that said scanning & repairing disk drive C 100%. I starred at this screen for about 30 minutes. Thought to myself let me give it a few more minutes. Three hours later it was still on the scanning & repairing disk drive C 100% with the little dots / loading icon still working. Read a few threads & decided to turn it off & back on. Now once I start the desk top it brings up the Dell icon & then goes into a black screen with the little dots / loading icon & nothing else. No options to move the mouse or anything ?!??. I am not really aware of how the desktop works a complete novice in the field. Can someone please offer some assistance or insight ? Or do I need to take it into a repair shop & spend 200$+ to get this fixed ?!?. Any help would be appreciated very much please!

:)

Mikegarcia0224, Oct 16, 2016

2. Black screen on my HP laptop after Windows 10 installation

After upgrading from Windows 8,1 to Windows 10 on my new HP laptop I found that the screen Blacks-out on start up when the adapter/charger is connected. The laptop starts up as normal but after the HP logo is shown for a few second and Windows starts the
    screen goes Black. If I remove the adapter when this happens the screen comes on again showing the Windows 10 start welcome screen.

If I now re-insert the adapter the screen goes Black Again. Windows is still running.

I have found that if I remove the adapter/charger and remove the battery from the laptop and then hold the on/off switch Down for approx . 10 seconds, re-insert the battery and adapter and then start the laptop it will start normally with the screen activated
    ok.

This is just a one shot method because after shutting Windows down normally the problem appears again on the next start up.

I sent the laptop back to HP and they could not solve this problem. It ended with them changing the OS back to Windows 8,1 where this problem does not exist. I am just not interested in using the Windows 8,1 OS.

Is there anyone that knows this problem and the answer to solve it?

Graham Payne, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Black Screen with Flashing Cursor Windows 10

Hello!

I updated to Windows 10 and am having issue where black screen with a flashing cursor appears during start up. I hit Ctrl + Alt + Del and it will reboot back into the same black screen with flashing cursor 3 times in a row, however on the 4th Ctrl + Alt
    + Del sequence it will successfully boot into Windows 10. It consistently requires this 4 Ctrl + Alt + Del restart into windows.

OS works great when I finally get into it but its really annoying to have to start a PC this way. Any ideas???

Steve

Steve BamBam, Oct 16, 2016
  4. Black start up screen on OS Windows 10

Update I just turned it on again & it's automatically installing windows now .

Reading your PC Wii restart several times at the top & installing features & drives configuring settings on the bottom , hoping for the best

5. So windows has brought me to the " HI THERE SCREEN " then let's me progress to the " Get going fast " screen then let's me select use express settings button but then just cycles all the way back to hi there screen !!!!. Help please !

6. Mikegarcia0224,

Welcome to the forum!

Try turning off your wireless, and unplug network cable from PC. Also, remove any USB devices plugged in, keyboard, printer, USB drive, SD Card...

See if there is any progress.

cottonball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Black start up screen on OS Windows 10

1. Black start up screen on OS Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Black start screen

2. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on start up: When I start my PC I am able to get all the fans spinning and all my USB devices have power. However my PC does not deliver any output to my monitor and Windows does not start at all. When this first started happening I tried restarting my PC 3 times in order to get into...
  3. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on start up: When I start my PC I am able to get all the fans spinning and all my USB devices have power. However my PC does not deliver any output to my monitor and Windows does not start at all. When this first started happening I tried restarting my PC 3 times in order to get into...
  4. Black Screen at Start-up

Black Screen at Start-up: On my Windows 7 box, I get to the initial Ctrl + Alt + Del to login and then the screen goes black. My cursor works, and additonal Ctrl + Alt + Del flashes the normal screen for a fraction of a second, but no user name visible or Password box. Windows Logo, + Ctrl + Shift + B...
  5. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on start up: Whan I uninstall Classic shell I got a black screen after start up. I'm having a zoom meeting in the next hour so any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-start-up/73de31c1-9737-45c3-9c91-e44c186716a4
  6. Black screen on start up

Black screen on start up: Whan I uninstall Classic shell I got a black screen after start up. I'm having a zoom meeting in the next hour so any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-start-up/73de31c1-9737-45c3-9c91-e44c186716a4
  7. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows starts up to a black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows starts up to a black screen: Ever since I ran a recent windows update, my PC has just been starting up onto a black screen. It boots up, shows the ASUS screen like normal, then the windows logo but when that disapeers, there is just a black screen. I have tried a using restore point and that didn’t...
  9. Black Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen on Start Up: As I was booting my laptop up from a Windows update, I encountered a black screen with a cursor. From researching this, I gather this is a pretty common issue with the standard fix being using the task manager to restart the pc. The only issue I’ve been having with that is...
  10. black screen on start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen on start up: This morning when I booted up my Windows 10 PC I got a black screen. There is a cursor on the screen and when I move the mouse the cursor moves. I can access bios and in bios it is evident the keyboard is connected. However, I cannot access any windows function. I...