Windows 10: Black title bars and white text

Discus and support Black title bars and white text in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 has been out long enough...has anyone figured a way to have black (or dark) title bars with white text without using uxtheme patcher? 18881 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Justdave, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Justdave Win User

Black title bars and white text

Windows 10 has been out long enough...has anyone figured a way to have black (or dark) title bars with white text without using uxtheme patcher?

:)

Justdave, Aug 23, 2015
  2. abcwii Win User

Is it possible to change title bar text color to black if choosing blue as accent color in Windows 10??

Hey,

starting with the 1511 update, Windows automatically changes the text color in title bars to White, if choosing blue as Accent Color in the settings. Is it possible to change it back to black whilst keeping blue title bars?? I really hate the white text
    color!

Thanks!

abcwii, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Change title bar back to white in Windows 10 November (1511) update.

If there a way to change the title bar back to the white color original Windows 10 without changing the task bar to it's black and grey colors. I find the new colored title bars in the update to be too bright and the text is harder to read.

I like the way it was in the original Windows 10 where I could change the color of the task bar, but still had the white title bar.

Billyv1988, Aug 23, 2015
  4. tcman50 Win User

Have you looked at Start Menu / Settings / Ease of Access / High Contrast...under "choose a theme" try high contrast black

TC *Smile

tcman50, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Justdave Win User
    Yes, thanks. I just want to change only the title bars and text. I like the look of everything else.

Justdave, Aug 24, 2015
  6. You have to download Winaero Tweaker from here.

Winaero Tweaker

In the program under one of the options I forget which one, you have to first switch to Aero Light Theme within the program, then it gives you can option to choose white text for titlebars and taskbars, everything. Then you can change the theme color to black, and you can have black title bars on white text.

heyyahblah, Aug 24, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
  8. Black title bars and white text

this method only gives the ability to change the title bar colors not the text color. He wants white text in the titlebars not black (which is default since Windows 8). He wants that white text style from Windows XP. White text on titlebars on the blue color, except he wants to use black instead of blue. It's the Win XP title bar style.

This can only be done through WinAero tweaker, in 2 clicks. You change the theme pack to aero light and he already has the reg tweak for white text on titlebars for those that want that XP style titlebar colors.

Black title bars and white text [​IMG]

heyyahblah, Aug 24, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Thought i'd offer what i saw here ,guess third party stuff is only way for that.

jds63, Aug 24, 2015
  10. Unfortunately, yes for now. If you want to change the text color. The method posted here is just for colored title bars. However, in the technical preview of 10525, Microsoft returned the ability to change the color of title bars in W10 within personalization menu, thus removing the need for these tweaks. How ever they claim its in a BETA stage, and hopefully it will be included in the SR1 update/release of W10. So WinAero is the only option at the moment.

Or the OP, can go to deviantart here.

Colored Title Bar Theme for Windows 10 by mare-m on DeviantArt

Someone already made a W10 theme with Black Title bars and White Text, specially how he wanted it *Smile

His theme is really amazing and I like how he has the differences between an active and inactive Window colored. He did an excellent job.

heyyahblah, Aug 24, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    Good to know maybe included in the new build and hopefully other items.

jds63, Aug 24, 2015
  12. Justdave Win User
    heyyahblah,

Thanks for your answer, I now have black title bars with white text!!

Justdave, Aug 24, 2015
  13. Black title bars and white text

Could you post a screenshot and let us know what option you went with? The WinAero program or the Win10 Theme from Deviant Art? I am curious to know.

THanks.

heyyahblah, Aug 24, 2015
  14. Justdave Win User
    Sure:
    In Winaero Tweaker, Under "Appearance" then "Aero Light" select "Enable Aero Light (white text)" as shown here

In Windows 10 Personalize, Turn off "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" and choose accent color as shown.

In Windows 10 Personalization Color Intensity, set Hue and Brightness all the way to the left, Saturation all the way to the right. Set Color intensity all the way to the right. It doesn't seem to matter what color you choose, with the sliders set as shown, the result is black.

In Classic Shell "Start Menu Settings" Windows 10 Settings" tab set options according to shown.

I'm still working on setting the inactive title bar text color. I'd like it to be a more visible gray to distinguish between active and inactive. I also need to change the text to white in the minimized buttons on the task bar.

Justdave, Aug 24, 2015
  15. Great, thanks for the post. And crap .... I forgot & noticed that the text goes black when you have (combine when taskbar is full) option at the bottom for applications ....... argh !!!!! That's right. It does go dark as well.

Maybe try grabbing that black & white theme from deviant art, and install his theme .... maybe it will fix that taskbar problem for you and make the text white, but you will be left with his black text? That's an option you can try as well.

I am very disappointed at Microsoft for the lack of customization on W10 .... but they have brought back some features in TP 10525, hopefully they will add more.

heyyahblah, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Black title bars and white text - Similar Threads - Black title bars

2. File Explorer Menu Bar is black with white text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Menu Bar is black with white text: HiSuddenly my File Explorer Menu bar is black with white text. Also when I use Browers Microsoft Edge & Chrome I can't see what I am typing in logon & password screens. The input fields are all black. They work but I am typing blind.Here is a snap shot of issue....
  3. File Explorer Menu Bar is black with white text

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Menu Bar is black with white text: HiSuddenly my File Explorer Menu bar is black with white text. Also when I use Browers Microsoft Edge & Chrome I can't see what I am typing in logon & password screens. The input fields are all black. They work but I am typing blind.Here is a snap shot of issue....
  4. File Explorer Menu Bar is black with white text

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Black rectangle on title bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black rectangle on title bar: [ATTACH] I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and now there is a black rectangle under the title bar's text. The rectangle is exactly the same color as the text, so it's not possible to see the text. If I defocus the window, the text color gets lighter to indicate...
  6. Title bar text not showing

Title bar text not showing: Hello, just a small problem but i didn't find a way to fix it: I don't have any "text" in my title bar anymore and i don't know what i've made to get this problem. It as been like this since at least 2 week. If i could get some help it would be nice. : [ATTACH]...
  7. White Title Bar and Banner Unclickable

in Windows 10 Support
    White Title Bar and Banner Unclickable: Computer: Dell OptiPlex 3050 Dual Monitor Setup. At random, my title bar and a select area underneath it turn white. When I try to click on anything that would be there, I click on whatever is behind it, as if it isn't there. The issue is more likely to occur on the primary...
  8. Title bar text gone

Title bar text gone: I recently messed around with theming Windows using uxtheme, but ultimately I was unhappy with the results so I reverted everything back. Since then, however, I have no text in the title bar of any programs. The title bar is bright white on every app, and I tried out a dark...
  9. Title Bar Text & Icon

Title Bar Text & Icon: Is there some way I can hide or remove the title bar text and icon? I am running windows 10 (10586). I have included a screenshot of the offending item.. 52185
  10. Title Bar goes white is background

Title Bar goes white is background: Hello you all, this is my first post here so sorry if I violate etiquette. I just upgraded and have been tweaking my windows 10, but I have one nagging problem (a few, actually but lets address this one 1st). I have a dark grey theme set for my accent color and that...