Windows 10: Black unresponsive screen when launching war thunder

Discus and support Black unresponsive screen when launching war thunder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have played war thunder on my new PC since Christmas when I got it. It has worked fine, like everything else, until four days ago when instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by poladurian, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Black unresponsive screen when launching war thunder

I have played war thunder on my new PC since Christmas when I got it. It has worked fine, like everything else, until four days ago when instead of launching the game after pressing the "play" button in the launcher, a black screen appears after a slight but alarming delay. And it won't go away: it just sits there for hours on end. I cant see my cursor, or anything else for that matter. It responds however when I press the windows key on my keyboard: I can then see my cursor but only when it's hovering above the start window on the lower left corner and on the task bar (at this point I cannot see my task bar or start window). When I aimlessly click away with despair and confusion, with luck I open some random program that was on my task bar or start window. The black screen then reduces into an empty running program on the task bar revealing the desktop, start window, task bar, and the program I just opened. I cannot close war thunder, or interact with anything on the screen exept the task bar and the start window forcing me to shut down the computer. When restarted everything else works fine again. The problem appeared the same day I had played war thunder previously and I haven't downloaded anything or done anything else in between. It just happened. There are no error messages to report of give me insight on what the hell is wrong.

War thunder is the only game or program on my PC that causes this to happen. Because everyone else online with similar issues have mensioned about many other games that cause the black screen to happen, I downloaded many games and tested this out (world of tanks, world of warships, simpleplanes, minecraft).

I've tried everything I could think of. I've tried rebooting the computer, uninstalling and reinstalling war thunder, reinstalling driver software, downloaded a few bullshit repair programs, and tested a myriad of other ineffective solutions I found online.

I have played war thunder for well over a year and I cant live without it.
    So please, I would be forever grateful if some genius told me what to do before i kill myself or preform a factory reset, which means loosing the guarantee for my new PC.

:)

poladurian, Feb 22, 2016

2. Soundmixer.exe error on startup

it also happens whenever i launch war thunder and startup

mohd noor hakimbin ishak, Feb 22, 2016
  3. IM SSSOOOOOO FRIGGN FRUSTATED...no matter what i do...I seem to get bad game lag on warthunder ..PLEASE some1 throw me a life vest

Hi

War Thunder - Official Forums:

War Thunder - Official Forum

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Feb 22, 2016
Thema:

Black unresponsive screen when launching war thunder

1. Black unresponsive screen when launching war thunder - Similar Threads - Black unresponsive screen

2. Windows crash when on War Thunder Launcher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crash when on War Thunder Launcher: Evetime I'm on the launcher my pc crash link to dump https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ILx73vquqcpc4WwX8RlSLm9ugZczwPzJ/view?usp=sharing I can replicate the crash with the launcher...
  3. Random black screen and unresponsive

Random black screen and unresponsive: AMD Ryzen 3 3100G Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 8GB HyperX Ram 500w Thermaltake PSU 1TB Seagate HDD 240GB PNY SSD Not the first PC I have built but definitely the first time I have run into this issue and I would really appreciate some help! It's for my nephew for Christmas so I...
  4. Regular FPS drops when playing War Thunder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Regular FPS drops when playing War Thunder: So as the title says I have an issue when playing War Thunder, and to a certain extent CSGO, that is every few seconds I get a frame drop from around 40 on War Thunder to 3 or 4. I have tried going into the Registry Editor and changing a few things per a tutorial I found...
  5. Unresponsive Black Screen @ Logout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unresponsive Black Screen @ Logout: Title says it all. It happens randomly and only happens since I’ve upgrade/used Windows 10 on both my desktop and gaming/travel laptop. The monitor acts as if there is nothing to show, no cursor or response to key presses, and the reboot graphics card key combo doesn’t work...
  6. BSOD while playing War Thunder

BSOD while playing War Thunder: For two weeks now I've been having crashes on my laptop, usually these crashes result in a BSOD [CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT] error other times the laptop hangs and I'm forced to manually reboot. Surprisingly these BSODs only occur while playing War Thunder and no other...
  7. Any War Thunder player here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any War Thunder player here?: Any War Thunder player here? I'm a War Thunder player here and I'm currently play German. I'm in the progress of researching tier 5 German Tiger 2 10.5cm. I already had Jagdtiger, but just want the Tiger 2 10.5cm because it a good tank with 105mm gun. Yes, the Tiger 2 armor...
  8. War Thunder right click problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    War Thunder right click problem.: When playing War Thunder and I right click to zoom it kicks me to windows desktop. The problem does not happen all the time, but does happen at least once during a session. Any ideas what could cause this? 14789
  9. When launched, most games will go to black screen and be unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When launched, most games will go to black screen and be unresponsive: I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro today from Windows 8.1 Pro. My main issue with Win10 is that most of the games I play have trouble launching. I press play (in Steam), and the game will launch, but never fully load; it'll just go to a black screen, and in the task manager it says...
  10. Laptop screen black and unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen black and unresponsive: I downloaded windows 10 and all had been running smoothly, however, when I turned my laptop on this morning my background was black and about 20 new icons had appeared on the desktop all of which were just white and blank, i normally only have rhe recycle bin. i tried to run...