Windows 10: Black vertical line on my Lenovo y700 14 inch laptop.

Discus and support Black vertical line on my Lenovo y700 14 inch laptop. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Yesterday, I saw a black vertical line appeared on my laptop. First, I thought the screen was broken, but I realized it has something to do with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by camimaine123, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Black vertical line on my Lenovo y700 14 inch laptop.

Yesterday, I saw a black vertical line appeared on my laptop. First, I thought the screen was broken, but I realized it has something to do with the graphics card. I see the black line appear when ever I look at something blue on the screen. It looks like this:

Black vertical line on my Lenovo y700 14 inch laptop. [​IMG]

I first restarted my laptop thinking it would go away but it didn't. Then, I updated my OS and all my drivers yet nothing happened.

I even did a reset of my laptop and still I see the same thing.

Could someone please help me.

Laptop specs:
    CPU: i7 6700hq
    RAM: 16 gb
    Graphics card: AMD Radeon R9 M375 and Intel HD graphics 530

:)

camimaine123, Nov 28, 2017
  2. Arothuris Win User

Driver Power State Failure BSOD

Thanks for your reply. My computer is a Lenovo IdeaPad Y700-15ISK -80NV00HTHH, you should be able to find some specs here: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y700-series/y700-15-inch/ (mine's with i7 processor, nvidia gtx 960m 4gb). Just turned
    off my computer and about to sleep (it's really late here in Hong Kong), so I will have to send you the info you asked tmr. Using my phone replying right now. Many thanks again.

Arothuris, Nov 28, 2017
  3. Black Vertical Line just on my desktop screen

I have a Lenovo laptop, pretty new. After upgrading to Windows 10, I now see a black vertical line down the middle of my desktop. It's not on any other screen so it's not a hardware issue. Surely it's a setting issue but I don't see anything. I tried
    changing backgroung pictures but its on all of them. Any ideas?

KarenKnoch, Nov 28, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Black vertical line on my Lenovo y700 14 inch laptop.

During bootup there is a key press that gets one into the BIOS or a screen with choices. Check one of those to see if the line is NOT there, if so could be the video adapter driver in Windows. If the line is there before you load Windows it probably is a hardware issue. Some Notebooks have an on-the-motherboard inverter connecting to the LCD Flat Panel but others have a small printed circuit card interface between the motherboard and the panel. The small one is not hard nor expensive to replace but usually the one on the motherboard requires a new motherboard. If the Notebook is 3 years old or older it usually is more cost-effective to just replace it and get a new warranty. I've done both methods for clients so it's their choice.

Berton, Nov 28, 2017
Thema:

Black vertical line on my Lenovo y700 14 inch laptop.

1. Black vertical line on my Lenovo y700 14 inch laptop. - Similar Threads - Black vertical line

2. Black vertical lines on display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black vertical lines on display: Recently I purchased a MSI Katana gf76 laptop. The display was fine till 2 days ago but yesterday when booted the laptop there was black vertical line on the screen. This problem occured once I connected to the internet. I have no idea what to do...
  3. Black vertical lines on display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black vertical lines on display: Recently I purchased a MSI Katana gf76 laptop. The display was fine till 2 days ago but yesterday when booted the laptop there was black vertical line on the screen. This problem occured once I connected to the internet. I have no idea what to do...
  4. Black vertical lines on display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blurred windows on 14 inch laptop

Blurred windows on 14 inch laptop: Some pop windows appear blurred on a 14 inch laptop.Most apps which fill the screen are not blurred. Example:Device Manager appears blurred. Settings>Display doesn't appear blurred. Text size is 150% recommendedDisplay Resolution is 1920X1080 recommended...
  6. Blurred windows on 14 inch laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blurred windows on 14 inch laptop: Some pop windows appear blurred on a 14 inch laptop.Most apps which fill the screen are not blurred. Example:Device Manager appears blurred. Settings>Display doesn't appear blurred. Text size is 150% recommendedDisplay Resolution is 1920X1080 recommended...
  7. Black screen with vertical lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with vertical lines: Hi there,so i got a new laptop two days ago and it has got an i7 11th gen and rtx 3060 with 32 gigs ram. But when I use it it goes really well for an hour or so but sometimes the display freaks out and does these weird lines like in the pic. Is it broken or do I have to...
  8. Black screen with vertical lines

Black screen with vertical lines: Hi there,so i got a new laptop two days ago and it has got an i7 11th gen and rtx 3060 with 32 gigs ram. But when I use it it goes really well for an hour or so but sometimes the display freaks out and does these weird lines like in the pic. Is it broken or do I have to...
  9. 14 inch laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    14 inch laptop: I want to get a 14 inch laptop in the summer. I want some tips. Can people give me tips on a good 14 inch laptop with: i5 or i7 11th generation CPU, MX350 or Intel Iris Xe, 16GB DDR4 or LPDDR4 of ram, traditional hard drive with SSD or only SSD, Windows hello? Any brand is...
  10. Black vertical lines in the start.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black vertical lines in the start.: Hi, I am using Lenovo Think Pad Laptop. Black Lines are coming at the time of start and than the application starts.fine. I am using windows 10. Please help . Its a brand new laptop and its really irritation to see those black lines....