Windows 10: Blank Icon after adjusting folder redirection.

Discus and support Blank Icon after adjusting folder redirection. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good Morning. I just imaged a new computer up, and after redirecting profile folders; I ended up with this blank icon in the profile [img] I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tackleberry, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Blank Icon after adjusting folder redirection.

Good Morning. I just imaged a new computer up, and after redirecting profile folders; I ended up with this blank icon in the profile

Blank Icon after adjusting folder redirection. [​IMG]

I've never seen this before, anyone have any idea on how to get rid of it? Can't be right-clicked, deleted, dragged, or otherwise manipulated. I'm sure there's a registry tweak someplace, but I have not found it.

:)

Tackleberry, Mar 21, 2017

2. Icons disappearing Folder Redirection

Good Day,

We are experiencing a problem with Users running Windows 10 Pro that are connected to a domain enviroment where Folder Redirection is Setup (Desktop and My Documents redirected to server)

When the users turn on their notebooks and try and work from home all their Icons are Missing and they are prompted for Windows Credentials, we have entered the users credentials correctly and the credential popup still appears

The Issue started in December 2017 after windows Updates, not sure if Microsoft Changed anything but before the Update everything was working perfectly

All servers are running Server 2012 R2 and 2016

No IP v6 enabled

Direct Access also not enabled

Offline Folders Enabled yes

Problem seems to happen when computer starts up with internet connection, if it starts up with no internet connection it works

Computers also don't seem to be saving Credentials in the credential Manager, If credentials are entered manually in Credential manager Problem seems to be fixed for a day and then Windows removes the credentials again

Not sure if i'm missing anything but if anyone can help would really appreciate it

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Gerhardt Coetzee, Mar 21, 2017
  3. Gerhardt Coetzee, Mar 21, 2017
Thema:

Blank Icon after adjusting folder redirection.

1. Blank Icon after adjusting folder redirection. - Similar Threads - Blank Icon adjusting

2. Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.: There was a time, in fact this was the situation on Monday of this week, that I had loads of folders on my desktop and they were all blank.As in nobody could see what was in them, comes under privacy.However inside of each of these folders were all large icons showing a...
  3. Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.: There was a time, in fact this was the situation on Monday of this week, that I had loads of folders on my desktop and they were all blank.As in nobody could see what was in them, comes under privacy.However inside of each of these folders were all large icons showing a...
  4. Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation: I migrated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, on a Dell Inspiron laptop, was successful. However after hibernation most of the taskbar icons are blank. They do exist as I can click on the blank space to activate each application. The "fix" is to restart File Explorer via the task...
  5. Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation: I migrated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, on a Dell Inspiron laptop, was successful. However after hibernation most of the taskbar icons are blank. They do exist as I can click on the blank space to activate each application. The "fix" is to restart File Explorer via the task...
  6. Icons adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons adjustment: In simpler words I need desktop icon size smaller and they looks bulky and their text size is also large. Is it related to my resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-adjustment/e1f78d58-82cf-4c07-842e-f9a2a884a128
  7. Folder Redirection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder Redirection: I created a folder on Windows 10 and on my Server 2016 I created a GPO that will direct Desktop of the users on the domain to the folder I created on Windows 10. Because I applied wrong the GPO I tried to delete it and unchecked the share box on the folder I created under...
  8. Folder Redirection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder Redirection: Dear Support I applied Folder Redirection and it works fine But when the user delete the file from the client machine, it also deleted from the server I need to keep all the delete file on the server even if the user deleted from the client machine Waiting for your...
  9. Redirect Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Redirect Folders: I'd like to redirect the Downloads folder to a different disk (D drive). What's the best method? a. Right click Downloads folder -> Location -> change path b. or, use mklink? Thanks! 21618
  10. Folder Redirection Dilemma

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Redirection Dilemma: Win7 was originally installed on Disk 3 (265GB SSD) and I redirected the location of the document, pictures, music, video, downloads, and desktop folders to Disk 1 to save space. Before I upgraded to Win10, and later did a clean install on a new SSD, I created an image of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folder redirection blank startmenu icons