Windows 10: blank pale blue screen on restarting

Discus and support blank pale blue screen on restarting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks, guys: I did download it and try to run it on 1709, RS4 Insider Previews, and RS5 Skip Ahead Previews, but because I'm up-to-date and didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

blank pale blue screen on restarting

Thanks, guys: I did download it and try to run it on 1709, RS4 Insider Previews, and RS5 Skip Ahead Previews, but because I'm up-to-date and didn't want to stand up a VM to artificially test its workability, I couldn't see if it would work or not because none of my images needed any updates. Because it did run on all those environments and tell me it had nothing to do, I was reasonably certain it *might* work, I just wasn't *sure* it would work. Thanks for confirming this.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
  2. robmar0se Win User

Win 10 home, latest release 1709. After using the system for a while, we restarted the system as we changed the wifi as it was rather slow. On restarting it booted okay, came up with the usual win10 start picture, clicked on enter in the usual way (no password), and all we got was a pale blue screen, the mouse cursor is present and moves. This has happened twice over two days.

We noticed the following diagnostics:

• · Starts okay after a waiting an hour or so - heat issue, however new HP system?
    • · Wifi speed very slow under 0.1mbps (we use NAS for all user folders)
    • · Windows update recently completed very recently
    • · Event errors, Windows Explorer was unable to start event id 1002
    We have addressed the wifi issue by resetting the router (back now to 28mbps). We have also restored system prior to updates. So far so good.

However some of these symptoms are contradictory hence seeking advice on here. I have also had another system this week with a similar problem (older ex win7 PC) which had the same symptoms after an update, but the restore failed and had to do a system repair - is this a possible rogue update?

Thanks

:)

robmar0se, Apr 19, 2018
  3. carlosQ74 Win User
    Windows 10 failure to upgrade

Had a free upgrade icon on my taskbar and yesterday I was notified its ready. clicked on it and followed the prompts. On and off I was monitoring the progress. Last one I checked it was around 23% complete. when I came back it was just blank or black
    screen. After reboot, blue windows icon appeared with little dots going in circles then it went blank again. Reboot again, got into a page with the same pale blue windows icon under Recovery. Error message saying "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly"
    options include advanced repair or restart. Both gets stuck and end up in blank screen I attempted to boot from either CD/DVD and USB drives but its not reading any. All I've got now is the factory settings. PLEASE HELP!!!

carlosQ74, Apr 19, 2018
  4. blank pale blue screen on restarting

Windows 10 does not boot after a forced replacing of the graphics card (old graphic card drivers still in place)

I had already tried that but the blue pale screen with those messages always came up...

Thanks anyway.

Fernando Costa - 1111, Apr 19, 2018
  5. EdTittel Win User
    Yes, it does sound like a "rogue update," as you so nicely identify the most likely cause. Alas, the only fix for that kind of thing is to work your way back through the update history until the problem goes away. Then block the most recently uninstalled update, and reinstall the other ones that preceded it in your back-in-time, step-at-a-time uninstallation trail. Then, block that update to prevent its automatic reapplication. You can hide it using WUMT (my preferred method) or use Microsoft's Wushowhide tool for that same purpose instead.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: the MS Wushowhide tool is listed for only Win10 versions 1607 and 1511. The 1607 version seems to work for 1709 and Insider 1803 versions, but I can't tell if it is truly effective, because I have no pending updates to block or hide right now. Can anybody else weigh in on the suitability of this tool for 1709 or Insider Preview builds, please? @Kari @Brink @Bree @topgundcp @essenbe

EdTittel, Apr 20, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 20, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    There is just the one version of wushowhide.diagcab that you can download from that MS page, with a Digital Signature dated Mon. 15th June 2015 which makes it contemporary with 1507, build 10240. The separate 'Resolutions' for 1511 and 1607 seem to only be there to explain their slightly different ways to uninstall any driver you may want to block. As Brink says, it just looks like the article is overdue for an update.

I don't run any Insider builds, but I will now test and confirm if the original (and only) wushowhide.diagcab hides updates in 1709 on my test machine.

Test results:

Wushowhide found two updates for 1709, a definitions update and an antimalware platform update KB4052623. I hid KB4052623 then checked for updates, only the definitions update was found.

blank pale blue screen on restarting [​IMG]

I installed the definitions update. As a final test I ran wushowhide again to show the hidden KB4052623, checked for updates, found and installed it.

Thema:

blank pale blue screen on restarting

1. blank pale blue screen on restarting - Similar Threads - blank pale blue

2. Blank Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Blue Screen: I am trying to set up a new computer that has Office Professional 2021. I get to the screen that says Office comes with your device. I clicked the "Got it" button on the bottom right corner but that takes me to a blank blue screen. It's been on this screen for about an hour....
  3. Blank Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Blue Screen: I am trying to set up a new computer that has Office Professional 2021. I get to the screen that says Office comes with your device. I clicked the "Got it" button on the bottom right corner but that takes me to a blank blue screen. It's been on this screen for about an hour....
  4. Blank Blue Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Pale Blue screen of death with uphappy face.

Pale Blue screen of death with uphappy face.: On my DELL 15 5000 Windows 10 About two hours ago 4:15pm i shut down this laptop for to have my tea. I have just 6:15 pm had what i think is the new pale blue screen of death with a frowning face that says it has to collect data and restart. It is the 1st time on this...
  6. Blank blue screen after restart?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blank blue screen after restart?: Sometimes when I restart, it leaves me on a blank blue screen with 'no signal' and it takes far too long to Start or doesn't restart at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-blue-screen-after-restart/93bc6f1c-7f90-4ca8-a193-19a36972dcba
  7. Blank Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Blue Screen: A few days ago I left my computer on for 30 minutes to an hour while I was doing something else. When I returned to the computer neither the keyboard or the mouse were working. I turned off my computer and turned it back on, but nothing but a blank blue screen popped up. If I...
  8. Blank Blue Screen

Blank Blue Screen: I have a computer that opens up with error code 0xc00000e9 and I can only get into boot menu. I have created windows media creation on usb but it only opens to a blank blue screen. Can't boot into safemode or get past blue screen. Please advise....
  9. Blank blue screen

Blank blue screen: Acer laptop upgraded windows ten, I left on for the night while this was happening. This morn. Can only get blue blank screen! Can anyone help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-blue-screen/7186cac2-6705-4b11-90fb-92880923ac1a
  10. Blank blue screen

Blank blue screen: I updated to windows-10 and when I went to Facebook the website wouldn't fit so I had to keep scrolling to the right to get to all of the website. Like right now I use a long line to post, this happens in Facebook. I went to play Words with Friends and all I got was a blue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pale blue blank screen pc