Windows 10: Blank password box after creators update

Discus and support Blank password box after creators update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Dell Optiplex 9020 core i5 4xxx CPU. Windows 10 Pro on a company domain. After about June 13 when Creators Update went in, user gets a blank password... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RickNCN, Jun 26, 2017.

1. RickNCN Win User

Blank password box after creators update

Dell Optiplex 9020 core i5 4xxx CPU. Windows 10 Pro on a company domain.
    After about June 13 when Creators Update went in, user gets a blank password box on a blue win10 background wallpaper. Forcing the PC off by holding the power button and restarting will pretty reliably get that window to show correctly.
    Here's a picture of the window:
    https://goo.gl/photos/XFAoq3xwWE31T1Nq7
    Any ideas? It happens with a user that is not on the domain but logged in locally. I also disconnected and reconnected to the domain.

:)

RickNCN, Jun 26, 2017
  2. 'Mike P Win User

No Access to the computer without password which is not needed before

Usually after the password fails it will give the password hint made at the same time with the password.

If its just a blank box, put the cursor in it and press enter - enter no password.

'Mike P, Jun 26, 2017
  3. L1oydee Win User
    Delay allowing password entry since Creators update

Is anyone else having this issue or have a fix?

When I boot the PC it hangs on a blank login screen [just the Windows Spotlight picture] without the password entry box being visible.

I then have to wait, perhaps 60 seconds for the password box to appear, I can then login normally, this issue has only been apparent since the Creators Update was rolled out.

Any help much appreciated.

Rgds.

L.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

L1oydee, Jun 26, 2017
  4. Blank password box after creators update

Hi Rick NCN.

Simply thing to check, is it associated with Windows Fast Startup.

Disable hibernation. At command prompt(admin)

powercfg -h off

If that works you can check out our tutorial on disabling just Fast Startup.

To re-enable hibernation

powercfg -h on

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 27, 2017
  5. RickNCN Win User
    Hi Ken!

that did it!

i will check out disabling fast user switching now. After disabling f.u.s. does that allow for hibernation to be turned back on or is it dependent on fus?

Rick

RickNCN, Jul 1, 2017
  6. It you disable Windows Fast Startup you can use hibernation.

Windows Fast Startup needs Hibernation to work but not the other way round.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Blank password box after creators update

1. Blank password box after creators update - Similar Threads - Blank password box

2. After updating, there is no password box to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After updating, there is no password box to login: I had problems when I was trying to update my Windows to the latest version three times, it appeared undoing the changes, but finally it did not appear, I thought I had, but when Windows goes to the login screen to type my password, the box does not appear password on screen...
  3. After updating, there is no password box to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating, there is no password box to login: I had problems when I was trying to update my Windows to the latest version three times, it appeared undoing the changes, but finally it did not appear, I thought I had, but when Windows goes to the login screen to type my password, the box does not appear password on screen...
  4. After updating, there is no password box to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After updating no password box to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After updating no password box to login: Hello I am not happy to write to you But I will be grateful if you make me happy I experienced problems when I was trying to update my windows to latest version three times it appeared undoing changes, but finally it didn't appear I thought that I did it but when...
  6. The box to enter my Microsoft password is blank.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The box to enter my Microsoft password is blank.: The box to enter my Microsoft password is blank with no place to enter anything. Consequently i cannot "fix my account" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-box-to-enter-my-microsoft-password-is-blank/f2718f67-f6b4-420c-aa65-209c94450705
  7. Creator update password background broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creator update password background broken: I once set my password screen to not have the lock screen picture. It used my normal single-colour desktop background. After this last update it's now a muddy grey. The setting of 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen' has gone away. So, I don't...
  8. Creators Update : Blank login screen after sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update : Blank login screen after sleep mode?: Hi, I've run into a wide variety of similar issues by searching but none specifically like the one I have, so sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned. This problem started after the Creators Update. Anytime my system goes into sleep mode (I'm on a laptop so...
  9. Blank screen after installing Creators Update (NOT spinning circles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen after installing Creators Update (NOT spinning circles): EDIT:// UPDATE! I have solved my issue. What I did was as follows: I used CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open task manager. Once task manager was open, I then used the Start a new task function to run "msconfig". In "msconfig" I chose to boot into safe mode with networking, and upon...
  10. Blank Right Click menu's and blank popups after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Right Click menu's and blank popups after Creators update: Have tried upgrading to Creators several different ways including just letting it upgrade through windows update and clean install. In every case, I end up with blank screens for right-click options and popups with be blank with button shells and no text. Explorer is blank as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. password box blank