Windows 10: Blank screen after PC turned on from "Fast Start Up" shutdown.

Discus and support Blank screen after PC turned on from "Fast Start Up" shutdown. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So my PC shutdown fine now. But when I use the "Fast Start Up" option, after I shut down my PC, and then turn it on, the Bios screen showed up boot up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jincuteguy, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Blank screen after PC turned on from "Fast Start Up" shutdown.

So my PC shutdown fine now. But when I use the "Fast Start Up" option, after I shut down my PC, and then turn it on, the Bios screen showed up boot up and everything and then right before the login screen appear, it just stop there with a blank screen, and then my monitor went to sleep mode cause ther's nothing on the screen.

Then I have to hard restart the PC. Anyone else is having this problem? or know a solution?

This used to work fine before with the "Fast STart Up" option (hybrid hibernation mode)

My pc specs:

Swiftech H240-x cooler
    Asus X99-A board
    16gb ddr4
    Samsung 240g SSD
    Asus GTX 970
    Enermax 850w PSU
    Windows 10 10135 build

:)

jincuteguy, Jun 13, 2015
  2. Dave_NH Win User

windows10 shutdown dn startup

I installed Windows 10 over Windows 8.1 and my PC would always hang on startup. Seems to be a problem caused by the Windows 8.1 fast startup setting.

I solved this problem by going to

control panel > hardware and sound > system settings and deselecting "Turn on fast startup."

The computer starts immediately now with no hard shutdown required.

Good luck!

Dave_NH, Jun 13, 2015
  3. Stopcode issue

OK. Sorry that wasn't it, then. I'll try to think up something else, but auggy is better equipped for this one. Good luck.

PCR Just PCR, Jun 13, 2015
  4. Blank screen after PC turned on from "Fast Start Up" shutdown.

So no one has this issue?

jincuteguy, Jun 13, 2015
  5. rvbfan Win User
    I've had fast startup disabled since 10061? I believe. Wen I get back to my laptop I'll see if I have the same problem.

rvbfan, Jun 13, 2015
  6. Ok thank you man. Let me know ok?

jincuteguy, Jun 13, 2015
  7. rvbfan Win User
    Just rebooted with fast startup enabled. I didn't get the blue screen sorry.

rvbfan, Jun 13, 2015
  8. Blank screen after PC turned on from "Fast Start Up" shutdown.

It's not blue screen, it's a blank / black screen that I got.

jincuteguy, Jun 13, 2015
  9. rvbfan Win User
    Sorry. That's what I meant. I had that problem with an older build. Doesn't seem to be affecting me now though.
    Just have the shutdown bug. There was a work around for it,
    Try a search on here. I don't recall what it was.

rvbfan, Jun 13, 2015
  10. What shutdown bug? Like it won't shutdown?

jincuteguy, Jun 13, 2015
  11. rvbfan Win User
    rvbfan, Jun 13, 2015
  12. I don't get that error when shutting down though.

jincuteguy, Jun 13, 2015
  13. Blank screen after PC turned on from "Fast Start Up" shutdown.

I have the blank screen problem with fast sturtup enabled on my laptop.
    I get round it by having the poer burron set to sleep, press this to put it to sleep and press again and all is visable.
    Mine is an older dell laptop but I have an ssd in it and it runs fine otherwise

spectra7045, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Blank screen after PC turned on from "Fast Start Up" shutdown.

1. Blank screen after PC turned on from "Fast Start Up" shutdown. - Similar Threads - Blank screen turned

2. My PC starts up with a blank blue screen and then turns off after a couple of minutes why...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC starts up with a blank blue screen and then turns off after a couple of minutes why...: I turned my PC on and it went to a blue blank screen and after a bit my PC just turns off, I can't get to the menu so I don't have access to anything but the BIOS menu but that hasn't been any help....
  3. My PC starts up with a blank blue screen and then turns off after a couple of minutes why...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC starts up with a blank blue screen and then turns off after a couple of minutes why...: I turned my PC on and it went to a blue blank screen and after a bit my PC just turns off, I can't get to the menu so I don't have access to anything but the BIOS menu but that hasn't been any help....
  4. My PC starts up with a blank blue screen and then turns off after a couple of minutes why...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo: My laptop screen starts up with the Gateway logo, then goes to the blue Windows logo with the white spinning circle under it before it just goes blank. The LED screen is on but its just a blank black screen, F1 does nothing but turn it off from LED blank screen to no light...
  6. Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo: My laptop screen starts up with the Gateway logo, then goes to the blue Windows logo with the white spinning circle under it before it just goes blank. The LED screen is on but its just a blank black screen, F1 does nothing but turn it off from LED blank screen to no light...
  7. Blank Screen on Start up after Windows Logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?: I've browsed through a few threads on here, and because of that, I was able to figure out how to disable fast startup (which allows me to listen to the startup sound), but also replace it as well since I believe by default, there is no startup sound in Windows 10. However,...
  9. Screen goes blank/black after start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes blank/black after start up: Upon start up of my PC (Windows 10) it loads up then the screen goes blank, like its in sleep mode, no mouse nothing, if I turn the monitor on and off, the screen appears for a second or two then disappears again. I tried restarting in safe to check drivers but it does...
  10. Blank Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen on Start Up: When I switch on my laptop, appears to start up, brand name appears, then screen goes blank. Stays that way, nothing else happens. Screen is not black, a sort of faded blue. Model is an ASUS F552E. Anyone else have this problem or a fix ? Thanks 33754

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen is blank after shutdown