Windows 10: Blank Screen and No Monitor Signal After a Restart

Discus and support Blank Screen and No Monitor Signal After a Restart in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I7 3770K GTX 950 Windows 10 64 So everything was fine before Windows 10 AU updates. The problem is that if I restart the computer it will I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by PROM3TH3US, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Blank Screen and No Monitor Signal After a Restart

I7 3770K
    GTX 950
    Windows 10 64

So everything was fine before Windows 10 AU updates. The problem is that if I restart the computer it will I get a blank screen and my monitor(s) goes to sleep and loses signal and doesn't detect the video card so I don't see POST and just a black/blank screen. I'm pretty sure that it must have rebooted right to my login screen because I can tell my mouse/keyboard lighting up and my EVGA GTX 950 fan stop spinning after it reaches the login screen(it uses a EVGA Precision to control the fan).

But on a shut down and a cold boot up it's fine. Only on a RESTART that I will always get this symptom. But IF I shut down the computer and go into the BIOS and exit the BIOS it have the symptom once again like the going into the BIOS somehow make it no longer a COLD BOOT and it reads it as a RESTART.

What I have try and still doesn't work:
    -use DDU(Display Driver Uninstaller) to remove Nvidia driver and using the Microsoft Basic Driver so Driver isn't the problem
    -turn off FAST STARTUP(Fast Startup is disable in BIOS also)
    -unplug and replug the monitor cable and power cable to the monitor
    -try DVI and HDMI and still same symptom

Mother board and video card and monitor isn't the problem
    -place my GTX 950 into another computer running W10 AU and having no problem
    -onboard HD 4000 have no symptom on reboot
    -try the GT 430 and AMD 7850 on my rig and doesn't show the same REBOOT symptom

So my conclusion is this. Before the W10 AU update. I remove my GTX 950 and been using my i7 3770K HD 4000 onboard GPU. So I updated Windows 10 AU without the GTX 950. So when I place the GTX 950 back into the system something must have gone wrong. So pretty much the only combination of the GTX 950 and this Windows 10 AU on my machine is having this issue.

Another thing is that I install the UXSTYLE but I don't think that is the problem. I have already remove UXSTYLE and deleted the themes in the THEME folder and my registry is reading the default: SystemRoot\resources\themes\Aero\Aero.msstyles. Usually isn't the UXSTYLE black screen only show up when you boot to you login screen or to the desktop? I mean UXSTYLE doesn't break the RESTART and black screen even on POST right?

So does anyone actually know what the problem could be? I'm totally running out of idea what the problem could be. I don't know what registry I could fix to get rid of the W10 from remembering the GTX 950. Pretty much the DDU already deleted all if not most of the Nvidia stuff and I couldn't find any major Nvidia stuff in the Registry.

:)

PROM3TH3US, Aug 12, 2016

2. Video issues with Windows 10- Blank screen

I have a custom system with an Asus motherboard and an NVidia 670 video card. After downloading and installing Windows 10, I discovered that the computer boots but to a blank screen. Not a black screen, but a blank one. It appears that a signal is being
    sent to the monitor, but that signal is blank. The monitor never goes into screensaver or power saving mode. However, the "flash" screen (with Asus logo) and the Windows splash screen both appear prior to going blank. My guess is that I forgot to upgrade
    the video driver before upgrading to Win10. Has anyone else had this issue? What fixes did you use? I have been forced to restart several times to no avail...including after using the repair function, and it always goes back to the black screen.

Pianomn626, Aug 12, 2016
  3. Corbee Win User
    amd radeon hd 8400 since windows 8.1 upgrade dvi monitor not recognized in windows.

The only time windows recognizes the dvi monitor is after I uninstall the video drivers and restart my machine. Once it loads a video driver the dvi monitor looses its signal and the windows screen changes over to the vga screen. any suggestions?

Corbee, Aug 12, 2016
  4. Blank Screen and No Monitor Signal After a Restart

If possible,replace the PSU with another and try that.Any problem which stops POST,can be a power supply related one,such as cable,switch etc.This seems to be the only area not yet investigated.

joeandmarg0, Aug 13, 2016
  5. That's not the problem. It's something else. What I did was remove password login from Windows 10 and setup the a webrowser to startup and play a Youtube video at startup to hear if it able to boot past POS and boot into desktop. So when I rebooted the computer the monitor loses signal but it managed to boot into my desktop because I can hear sounds from the Youtube video. So I have no clue if UXSTYLE somehow corrupted something but why it is only on my GTX 950 and not any other video card/GPU? Why is my monitors loses signal on a restart but managed to boot into Windows? My GTX 950 doesn't have the reboot with the black screen on another computer.

EDIT: Finally got it solve now. Running "Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause" seems to fix probably the corrupted UXSTYLE.

PROM3TH3US, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Blank Screen and No Monitor Signal After a Restart

1. Blank Screen and No Monitor Signal After a Restart - Similar Threads - Blank Screen Monitor

2. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep: Hi there,I have an issue with my Windows 10 to detect my second monitor. My computer has GVA output and Displayport output. I connect two monitors, one is connected with GVA port, another one is connected with displayport. The second monitor has HDMI input port only, so I use...
  3. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep: Hi there,I have an issue with my Windows 10 to detect my second monitor. My computer has GVA output and Displayport output. I connect two monitors, one is connected with GVA port, another one is connected with displayport. The second monitor has HDMI input port only, so I use...
  4. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Displayport monitor no signal after bios screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Displayport monitor no signal after bios screen: My displayport monitor (MSI MAG271CQR) does not display anything after the windows 10 boot logo. The Boot logo and the windows logo show and when the login screen loads up, the monitor disconnects (Shows the no signal message), while the second monitor (hdmi) shows the login...
  6. Windows blank restarting screen after install

Windows blank restarting screen after install: So I have just replaced my mobo, cpu and ram as my old lot wouldn't load up at all and the parts were starting to get out of date. Having downloaded Windows 64-bit installation media, placed it on a USB, selected the ssd I wanted it on and installed it on there. I have got...
  7. No signal on PC Monitor after Windows Blue Screened

No signal on PC Monitor after Windows Blue Screened: Today my PC blue screened while playing Phasmaphobia with the Stop code: 'IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL' Although I tried following some solutions to no avail, including checking cables as well as the ram and GPU which are working fine, even switching monitors did not help either....
  8. Blank blue screen after restart?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blank blue screen after restart?: Sometimes when I restart, it leaves me on a blank blue screen with 'no signal' and it takes far too long to Start or doesn't restart at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-blue-screen-after-restart/93bc6f1c-7f90-4ca8-a193-19a36972dcba
  9. No Signal on Monitor

No Signal on Monitor: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jamesbrad04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgy9k5/no_signal_on_monitor/
  10. Black Screen on restart, no display signal!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen on restart, no display signal!: Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm having a nightmare trying to reinstall windows 10. I'll give a very brief description running up to this problem. Firstly I was using Windows7 and upgraded to windows 10 some time ago and everything worked, other than when it comes to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 no signal after restart