Windows 10: blank screen on boot

Discus and support blank screen on boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i am booting my windows 10 machine with a vga connection to an acer monitor. The computer boots ok as i can hear the windows chime but i cant see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rml123, Jul 16, 2018.

1. rml123 Win User

blank screen on boot

i am booting my windows 10 machine with a vga connection to an acer monitor. The computer boots ok as i can hear the windows chime but i cant see anything on the monitor it just goes blank but it is not black it is blue/purple and It is responding to the computer signal. It doesnt say no signal unless i remove the cable. It happened about 4 months ago and seemed to go away when i tightened the cables but the cables are tight now and it is happening again. Is this a problem with the monitor, cable or graphics card? Thanks ...

:)

rml123, Jul 16, 2018
  2. GoonerUK Win User

blank screen at boot up 4850 could it be voltages?

Hello everyone *Smile blank screen on boot :)
    I've been getting a blank screen at cold boot up the first time i turn my pc on until it gets to desktop also if i leave it off for a couple of hours or leave it idle at desktop for more than a couple of hours it goes blank again,with all these i get a flashing green power light on my monitor. I was looking at the voltages in RBE in the clock setting and see at boot [clock info 00] the voltage is blank, that includes brets bios's and the default bios as well, as well as being blank in 03 06 09. Ive looked at bios's for the 3800 series and they all had voltages of 1.3 in the boot clock.

Could this be why i get a blank screen on a cold boot or after a couple of hours of inactivity,would it be safe to put a voltage value of 1.084 or something similar in the boot clock info 00?? Would if cure my blank screen problem?

GoonerUK, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jul 16, 2018
  4. blank screen on boot

blank screen

Hi Philip,

Black screen error has many symptoms. Examples are: when you recently updated your computer, there are changes that are still applying during the boot process, and you are in the process of installing a software. To have a better grip on this blank
    screen issue, we’d like to know the following:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can you send us a photo?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How much free space do you have on your hard disk?

In addition, you can visit this link: Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    to start troubleshooting this black screen issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

blank screen on boot

1. blank screen on boot - Similar Threads - blank screen boot

2. Blank screen after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen after enabling secure boot: First i switched from MBR to GPT and tried booting my computer it worked fine. Then i turned off CSM and turned on secure boot asked me to change something with the PK key which i did it was the pk management key i believe it said successful i restarted my pc to find nothing...
  3. Pc booting to a blank screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc booting to a blank screen: So if I can get some help here My desktop boots into a purely black screen. Normally when it boots, it displays the "ibuypower" logo, then shortly after it loads up the windows login screen (win10) When I booted it this morning, I got the ibuypower logo, then nothing....
  4. blank screen will not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blank screen will not boot: How can I boot in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-screen-will-not-boot/780d029d-0955-48b6-a9b7-c64d3ab6a6c0
  5. Blank Screens, Can't Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Screens, Can't Boot: First off, this is a laptop of my mother's that I'm attempting to fix. I havevery little information on it. I'll try to give what I can, though. I know it ran Windows 10 and is an HP laptop, some kind of Beats one. Beyond that, there is absolutely no text, codes, or any...
  6. Blank screen after boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen after boot up: Hi i wonder if any has any tips on this problem!? I recently bought a Dell xps 2nd hand which originally had windows 8 on but had been upgraded to win 10. Its been working fine then other day i shut it down with option of : shutdown & install updates. When i booted up the...
  7. Not booting with blank screen after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not booting with blank screen after Windows update: When I turn on my laptop (Acer Aspire ES1-572-31XL) I hear the fans running, hard drive starting, and I see the LED light come on, but I have a completely black screen. When I press F2 or F8 to go into BIOS it doesn't work and I don't see the Acer logo later in it's just...
  8. Screen blank at boot no cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen blank at boot no cursor: When I boot, I get a blank screen (w/o cursor). I tried booting into safe mode without success. Computer is Windows 10 originally. I tried using sfc command. Nothing found. Monitor is working. I removed ssd and replaced with another. I could only restore image with one two...
  9. Help! Booting to a blank screen!

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! Booting to a blank screen!: My computer started up from sleep this morning to a red screen (an accent color I'm using), thought maybe it had crashed, so I restarted but now all that shows up is the red screen. The cursor still works, the only things that respond to the keyboard are the narrator program...
  10. Windows 10 boots to blank screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boots to blank screen: Hello people, It has been a while since I posted. I have a Dell Inspiron N5050 laptop that is giving me fits. It was having an issue with explorer restarting continuously after it was upgraded from windows 7 by the customer. I recommended a clean install and backed up all...