Windows 10: Blank screen with cursor after log in

Discus and support Blank screen with cursor after log in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, first of all I am not tech savvy and I really need help. I am using an ASUS X553S and windows 10. 2 days ago my laptop automatically updated early... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ArielBelza, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Blank screen with cursor after log in

Hi, first of all I am not tech savvy and I really need help. I am using an ASUS X553S and windows 10. 2 days ago my laptop automatically updated early in the morning when I woke up I can only see a blue screen saying "making sure your apps are ready to go. Do not turn off your pc". I waited for an hour but still on the same screen so I decided to let it be until evening since I have to go to work. When I came back around 8PM it is still the same. So I thought it crashed since it is taking too long and I restarted my PC. I was able to pass the log and then it goes to a black screen with cursor. I tried to search on the internet how to solve tgis issue like trying to remove the battery pack but my laptop doesn't have a removable battery pack. I also tried using CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE or CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the "task manager" as instructed in the internet but it is not working. Also I cannot access the "SAFE MODE" they said I should try pressing F8 or F9 after the ASUS logo but the advance boot up selection is not showing. I might be doing something wrong please correct me and help me.

:)

ArielBelza, Aug 3, 2017
  2. Geosang Win User

Windows 10 , after admin log on blank screen appears

windows 10 , after admin log on blank screen appears with cursor. another non adim user logs on and has no problems.

Geosang, Aug 3, 2017
  3. Black screen with cursor after upgrading to Windows 10.

Original Title: desktop invisible

I have upgraded my asus laptop to windows 10, after logging in it is only showing blank screen with cursor. kindly help me

IshtiaqueMemon, Aug 3, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Blank screen with cursor after log in

Hi ArielBelza and welcome to Tenforums.

Safe Mode can not be gotten to using F8 anymore (that was for W7 and older).
    You can access Windows Startup Repair by simulating a failed boot three times. In other words, start the system, and as soon as it starts trying to load Windows, hold the power button down until it shuts off, three times. Windows will then boot you into Advanced Startup/Automatic Repair mode. From there you can have Windows try to fix things for you automatically. Please see these tutorials for more information:

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Run Startup Repair in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Good luck.

simrick, Aug 3, 2017
Thema:

Blank screen with cursor after log in

1. Blank screen with cursor after log in - Similar Threads - Blank screen cursor

2. Blank screen after log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after log in: I'm currently running Windows 11 insider preview build 22621 but after failed to upgrade to build 22621.160, i'm restart my laptop. After log in back, it just show a blank screen with a cursorSo how can I fix it...
  3. Blank screen after log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen after log in: I'm currently running Windows 11 insider preview build 22621 but after failed to upgrade to build 22621.160, i'm restart my laptop. After log in back, it just show a blank screen with a cursorSo how can I fix it...
  4. Black screen with cursor after log in

Black screen with cursor after log in: Hey, i have a problem, so i installed win11 a few weeks ago. So I can't revert to win 10, but heres the problem, after a few weeks of using win 11, i keep getting black screen with cursor in it. I already tried the regedit and change the shell and it was not working....
  5. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen with Cursor after Login: I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me onto a blank screen with no desktop icons or taskbar, but there is a cursor, and I can run chrome and probably other apps...
  6. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

Blank Screen with Cursor after Login: I just installed the most recent cumulative update for Microsoft Windows 10 on my laptop late last week. Since that time, whenever I login it dumps me onto a blank screen with no desktop icons or taskbar, but there is a cursor, and I can run chrome and probably other apps...
  7. Blank Screen with Cursor after Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Blank screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank screen with cursor after login: Hi all, I'm having a total nightmare and I'm hoping someone can suggest a fix. My main windows account seems to be very broken, when I try to log in I just get a black screen with a cursor. Ctrl + Alt + Del works but if I select task manager I get an hour glass briefly then...
  9. Blank screen with enlarged cursor after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank screen with enlarged cursor after update: I had kept my laptop (MSI GF63) for update and now after restarting it, it loads into a blank screen with a big cursor. Please help. submitted by /u/Koro_Heisenberg [link] [comments]...
  10. Blank screen with mouse cursor after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen with mouse cursor after login: It's all good, @copiman. I could say the same thing myself: I keep learning (and doing) more myself, thanks to all the fascinating stuff going on and being discussed here. Keep it up! Thanks, --Ed--