Windows 10: Blank screen with cursor after log in

Discus and support Blank screen with cursor after log in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, first of all I am not tech savvy and I really need help. I am using an ASUS X553S and windows 10. 2 days ago my laptop automatically updated early... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ArielBelza, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Blank screen with cursor after log in

Hi, first of all I am not tech savvy and I really need help. I am using an ASUS X553S and windows 10. 2 days ago my laptop automatically updated early in the morning when I woke up I can only see a blue screen saying "making sure your apps are ready to go. Do not turn off your pc". I waited for an hour but still on the same screen so I decided to let it be until evening since I have to go to work. When I came back around 8PM it is still the same. So I thought it crashed since it is taking too long and I restarted my PC. I was able to pass the log and then it goes to a black screen with cursor. I tried to search on the internet how to solve tgis issue like trying to remove the battery pack but my laptop doesn't have a removable battery pack. I also tried using CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE or CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the "task manager" as instructed in the internet but it is not working. Also I cannot access the "SAFE MODE" they said I should try pressing F8 or F9 after the ASUS logo but the advance boot up selection is not showing. I might be doing something wrong please correct me and help me.

:)

ArielBelza, Aug 3, 2017
  2. Geosang Win User

Windows 10 , after admin log on blank screen appears

windows 10 , after admin log on blank screen appears with cursor. another non adim user logs on and has no problems.

Geosang, Aug 3, 2017
  3. Black screen with cursor after upgrading to Windows 10.

Original Title: desktop invisible

I have upgraded my asus laptop to windows 10, after logging in it is only showing blank screen with cursor. kindly help me

IshtiaqueMemon, Aug 3, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Blank screen with cursor after log in

Hi ArielBelza and welcome to Tenforums.

Safe Mode can not be gotten to using F8 anymore (that was for W7 and older).
    You can access Windows Startup Repair by simulating a failed boot three times. In other words, start the system, and as soon as it starts trying to load Windows, hold the power button down until it shuts off, three times. Windows will then boot you into Advanced Startup/Automatic Repair mode. From there you can have Windows try to fix things for you automatically. Please see these tutorials for more information:

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Run Startup Repair in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Good luck.

simrick, Aug 3, 2017
Thema:

Blank screen with cursor after log in

1. Blank screen with cursor after log in - Similar Threads - Blank screen cursor

2. Help! Windows 10 black screen with cursor after log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! Windows 10 black screen with cursor after log in: Hi everyone, I’ve never had this before but an hour ago i started up my pc and after log in my pc screen goes black and you only see a white cursor. I’ve tried some online methods like ctrl alt del and do the explorer trick and restart but that doesn’t work for me. So...
  3. black screen with cursor after logging in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen with cursor after logging in: Hi. I just had this annoying black screen after I just logged in to my laptop. It is a black screen with a cursor. Pressing ESC, Windows key, ctrl+alt+delete or windows key+R then typing explorer.exe don't do anything good, still a black screen so it forces me to press the...
  4. Blank screen with mouse cursor only after upgrading to 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen with mouse cursor only after upgrading to 1803: My friend has a two-year-old Lenovo G40-70 laptop and it was upgraded to Windows version 1803 recently. Upon restart from the upgrade it only presents a blank desktop and a movable mouse cursor. Tried to boot into laptop with low resolution/safe mode gives the same result....
  5. Black screen with cursor after logging in (win10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor after logging in (win10): Hello, I Have Dell inspiron 15R N5110. Have been seeing a black screen with cursor after login to windows. I rarely see the desktop but after leaving the laptop turned for long time, maybe hours. But when i click on my computer or pressing ctrl + A it takes secs or even mins...
  6. Screen blank at boot no cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen blank at boot no cursor: When I boot, I get a blank screen (w/o cursor). I tried booting into safe mode without success. Computer is Windows 10 originally. I tried using sfc command. Nothing found. Monitor is working. I removed ssd and replaced with another. I could only restore image with one two...
  7. Blank screen with mouse cursor after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen with mouse cursor after login: It's all good, @copiman. I could say the same thing myself: I keep learning (and doing) more myself, thanks to all the fascinating stuff going on and being discussed here. Keep it up! Thanks, --Ed--
  8. blank screen, active cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    blank screen, active cursor: an old friend has phoned me up in a panic and will phone back later for advice. Her 4-year old laptop, running Windows 10 is just showing a black screen at start up, with active cursor. We have a Windows 10 laptop here, but I do not use it and am not familiar with the system....
  9. Logging out to a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging out to a black screen with cursor: I've see this on every computer with Windows 10 installed. Log out to switch to another user and you're hit with a black screen and cursor. Witnessed it on Intel, AMD and Nvidia hardware. Does MS even acknowledge this and is a fix inbound? 51871
  10. Help w/ blank screen/cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Help w/ blank screen/cursor: Hello Shortly after upgrading my nVidia drivers to a Windows 10 version (about a week ago), I've been getting the now famous blank screen with a cursor. I can bring up the "Projectors" menu (Winkey + P) but nothing else. I can get into the Troubleshooting boot mode,...