Windows 10: Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon

Discus and support Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, After the recent update 1709 -- (The fall update I think) I've encounter issues with thumbnail previewer. I does not show thumbnail images but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sirrus, Oct 31, 2017.

1. sirrus Win User

Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon

Hi, After the recent update 1709 -- (The fall update I think) I've encounter issues with thumbnail previewer. I does not show thumbnail images but default icon instead

Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon [​IMG]

it wasn't my first time I've encountered this, It happened same thing on every updates. So knew I'd need to rebuild icon and thumbnail cache once again so I following this steps...

Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    After Creators Update 2 thumbnails cache keeps auto-deleting Solved - Windows 10 Forums

After few restart, it did not solve my issues issues, It did not rebuild cache but went for worst. Now I got I got a blank icon/thumbnails on taskbar (left of screen) and it seem to happen only on windows store app (i.e. calendar, mail, photo previewer and etc..) not the third party programs.

I also have issues with images (almost most image format) showing paper white thumbnails, instead of previewer or default icon.

I cannot fathom how this happen. I've spend hours goggling for solution, done many different methods on rebuilding icon and reboot pc 50+ times. Went through recovery and rollback version. sfc /scannow DISM. virus screening, disk cleaning and etc none of it detect my issues and its driving me nuts.
    Instead of having to reset windows and reinstall many of 3rd parties program again I was hoping there are solution. Would anyone by any chance know what the issues are? Thanks in advance.

:)

sirrus, Oct 31, 2017

2. Thumbnails won't show images

On Windows 10 my images aren't showing the image in the thumbnail. It's showing a pieces of blank paper. This randomly started happening today. I have checked the "Organize" setting and the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is unchecked. I'm not sure
    what else to do. Any suggestions?

Brianne295, Oct 31, 2017
  3. Windows FCU – When will I get my UWP icons back?

Thanks, but the icons are not hidden in desktop.

UWP files, like .jpg (which I open with Photos app) are there, but blank – a plain white sheet of paper. After some time, it creates a thumb, but in the meantime, it's blank, not the Photos icon.

This happens also in the TaskBar. Any UWP app I open doesn't have an Icon: Edge, Calculator, Settings, Twitter, Photos...

This time it doesn't have a white sheet of paper icon, but completely blank, really. See below:

This is Edge in the search result list:

Edge in taskbar, no icon:

Fresh JPG files in desktop before generating thumb (they open with Photos app... if I switch to open with any standard desktop application, it works perfectly)

RicardoDrehmer, Oct 31, 2017
Thema:

Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon

1. Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon - Similar Threads - Blank Thumbnails Taskbar

2. Image icons/thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image icons/thumbnails: So, recently, no images on my computer show thumbnails, but instead the blank page iconexample: I've tried everything I could find to fix it, I've cleared my thumbnail cache, restarted windows explorer, made sure the "show thumbnails instead of icons" box was ticked in the...
  3. Image icons/thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image icons/thumbnails: So, recently, no images on my computer show thumbnails, but instead the blank page iconexample: I've tried everything I could find to fix it, I've cleared my thumbnail cache, restarted windows explorer, made sure the "show thumbnails instead of icons" box was ticked in the...
  4. Image thumbnails and app icon on taskbar are showing blank/missing in Window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image thumbnails and app icon on taskbar are showing blank/missing in Window 11: Image thumbnails are showing blank attached screenshot and app icon of many apps on taskbar for ex. missing app icon of amazon prime on the taskbar right beside the search option is missing.Please help me....
  5. Image thumbnails and app icon on taskbar are showing blank/missing in Window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image thumbnails and app icon on taskbar are showing blank/missing in Window 11: Image thumbnails are showing blank attached screenshot and app icon of many apps on taskbar for ex. missing app icon of amazon prime on the taskbar right beside the search option is missing.Please help me....
  6. Paper Icon Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paper Icon Taskbar: [ATTACH] When I open Visual Studio Code from my desktop it appears as a blank white paper on my taskbar. How do I fix this problem?? I will leave a picture. Looks like that on my taskbar. submitted by /u/chrisisaac69 [link] [comments]...
  7. White piece of paper on icons

in Windows 10 Support
    White piece of paper on icons: Well, this is new. Anyone know how to fix this that I'm sure was caused by me. LOL! [img] - - - Updated - - - Nevermind. Fixed it!! 157879
  8. Generic Taskbar Icons and Blank File Explorer Thumbnails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Generic Taskbar Icons and Blank File Explorer Thumbnails: After randomly restarting my system, not after an update, all the icons on my taskbar except UWP apps were replaced with this generic icon: [ATTACH] Also, all the icons/thumbnails everywhere on File Explorer are completely blank, no matter the size the icons are set to:...
  9. Taskbar icon turns to white sheets of paper upon being pinned to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icon turns to white sheets of paper upon being pinned to the taskbar: I have an app running in Windows 10 as an administrator. The icon is the app's (sysinternals' Process Explorer) usual icon. When I pin it to the taskbar, it turns to white sheets of paper. When I unpin it, it turns back to normal. Please advise how to pin it and keep the...
  10. White paper icons and empty folders!?

in Windows 10 Support
    White paper icons and empty folders!?: Hello, I have windows 10 home operating system on my laptop I have a problem with my file folder. when I first open it it shows that it works fine. [img] However I've notice that on the left I see the OS and D drive as white icons. When i access any folders and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blank thumbnail task bar

2. thumbnail on taskbar is blank