Windows 10: Blinking Cursor line before Windows starts

Discus and support Blinking Cursor line before Windows starts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I installed an extra HDD, but after that every time I boot up I have this black screen with blinking cursor line for ages before Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheBull, Mar 1, 2016.

1. TheBull Win User

Blinking Cursor line before Windows starts

Hey guys, I installed an extra HDD, but after that every time I boot up I have this black screen with blinking cursor line for ages before Windows start. I actually counted how many times it blinks lol.....178 times.

I checked in the bios settings to see if it is set to start with the correct HDD, and it is. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

TheBull, Mar 1, 2016

2. Mouse keep blinking with loading icon after upgraded to windows 10

hi,

I have a ASUS ROG G551JM" laptop.

yesterday I made upgrade to windows 10. after that my mouse cursor is keep blinking with busy circle.

it show normal cursor when I type something or my mouse is on any line.

but when ever my mouse come on its default icon it start blinking.

please help me to solve this problem

MirolHusni, Mar 1, 2016
  3. cursor not blinking problem

it's not the mouse pointer that's the problem .

it's the vertical line that blinks.

the question below sent by someone else in december is the exact problem i am having.

Q: cursor stops blinking after a few seconds
    Blinking Cursor line before Windows starts [​IMG]

Is there any way to keep the cursor blinking? Latest Windows update causes cursor to stop blinking after a few seconds.

warrenkelley jr, Mar 1, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

If you remove the HDD, does the problem go away?

Ztruker, Mar 3, 2016
  5. TheBull Win User
    I'm not sure, will try that later on. Thanks for the reply. I will let you know.

TheBull, Mar 3, 2016
  6. TheBull Win User
    I just removed the HDD, and yes then the problem goes away. What can I do?

TheBull, Mar 4, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    You can try repairing the boot sector with Start-up repair if you have made the system repair disk(now called recovery drive): Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Recovery

Recovery Drive - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Or better, if you have Macrium Reflect installed use the bootable USB and repair from that(it works much much better and reliably)

Cliff S, Mar 4, 2016
  8. TheBull Win User

Thanks. I am downloading Macrium Reflect now. Never used it before, but will give it a shot. I will let you know on the results.

TheBull, Mar 5, 2016
  9. TheBull Win User
    I repaired the boot sector with Macrium Reflect, but it made no difference however. *Sad

TheBull, Mar 5, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Are both disk's partitioned the same? I mean are both GPT(not one GPT + one MBR) to make use of UEFI?

Cliff S, Mar 5, 2016
  11. TheBull Win User
    Disk management looks like this.....

TheBull, Mar 5, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Right click (on both) the Disk #(example Disk 0) open properties, volumes tab:

and it will show you your partitioning type:

Both disks should be the same type.
    ***notice the disk numbers in both shots***

Cliff S, Mar 5, 2016
  13. TheBull Win User

@Cliff S

I don't see a volume tab *Shock

TheBull, Mar 6, 2016
  14. cato Win User
    TheBull,
    You need to click on the far left side of the graphic and select properties to get the Volumes tab.

15. TheBull Win User
    Thanks. I now know that my SSHD is GPT and all other partitions are MBR. I tried deleting the volume but have no option to create a new volume as a MBR. So any help regarding that would be greatly appreciated.

TheBull, Mar 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Blinking Cursor line before Windows starts - Similar Threads - Blinking Cursor line

2. Blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking cursor: I have Win 10 operating system. Recently the cursor has blinked constantly. I have also gotten a message that my operating system is nearing the end of its life. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-cursor/1ad4f7f8-bdde-4626-84d2-01e1e5aed3cb
  3. Blinking cursor during start-up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blinking cursor during start-up.: I did an clean install of Windows 10 Pro recently, version 1909. One of the things that I noticed after the install, when doing a restart, I see the blinking cursor in the upper left of the screen for a few seconds, then it drops down a couple of inches and blinks some more,...
  4. Cursor stops blinking

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor stops blinking: The cursor stops blinking after several blinks. Textpad, Excel and Wordpad. MSWord ok. Don Cole 129918
  5. Cursor blinks

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor blinks: Cursor blinks about 3 times then stops with Notepad2 and Textpad. Excel and Word ok. Don Cole 123457
  6. Cursor constantly blinking / circle next to cursor constantly blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor constantly blinking / circle next to cursor constantly blinking: Hi In past weeks, perhaps after an update, there's a blue circle which is nearly constantly blinking except when the cursor is placed over a link. This incredibly distracting activity I think is meant to show the processor is working. I can't find where or how to stop it....
  7. blinking cursor

blinking cursor: I have 2 cursors. The one on the task bar is in a translucent circle and is blinking. The real one is blinking also and is hard to control. How do I fix this. I have an HP Pavilon Notebook and Windows 10. Thank you in advance....
  8. cursor blinking

cursor blinking: hey there , i'm facing problems with my pc when playing games , the screen just turns black while the cursor wil be blinking ! i updated my graphic drivers but the issue is stil there...how do i solve it...
  9. Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor/Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...
  10. Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blinking Cursor, Blinking underscore in boot: Hi Guys, I recently have a problem when i opened my PC. It started to show blinking underscore so i decided to push my restart button in my hardware and gladly it opened but the next day when i opened my pc, there is a blinking underscore present in the screen before logging...