Windows 10: Bloat apps keep re-appearing

Discus and support Bloat apps keep re-appearing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all, I am running Windows 10 Pro X64 v1607 (July 2016 ISO) I recently formatted due to getting an SSD, and now im having issues with bloat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by serpentxx, Nov 19, 2016.

1. serpentxx Win User

Bloat apps keep re-appearing

Hey all,

I am running Windows 10 Pro X64 v1607 (July 2016 ISO)

I recently formatted due to getting an SSD, and now im having issues with bloat apps self-installing themselves.

I am using the following two tweaks to remove all the metro apps and disable consumer features

Remove all Metro Apps (Option 4.5)
    and
    Disable Consumer Features

However after each reset, the following apps still show up in my start menu under recently added.

Ill mention that they do not install, it looks like they all have a progress bar but it never progresses.

:)

serpentxx, Nov 19, 2016
  2. AB_11 Win User

Why is Candy Crush re-installing itself on a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro?

Thanks Rose. I will have a look at it. Just to be clear, the bloat is not coming from the hardware vendor but is coming from Microsoft. I had to make a regedit to prevent Windows from re-installing the bloat. I had to flip the value of the key Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager\SilentInstalledAppsEnabled
    to prevent re-installation of the bloat.

I don't know in what world is it okay for Microsoft to install an app that I explicitly removed. Can you please take this as feedback and pass it on to the hard working engineering teams at Microsoft? Installing apps on customer's laptops without their permission
    is not ok. I explicitly re-installed Windows from a clean ISO to get rid of the bloat - spent time doing this. I was flabbergasted to find the bloat re-installed. Not good.

AB_11, Nov 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 and Lenovo Yoga 2 (i3, 11")

Windows 10 icon did re-appear after uninstalling Lenovo bloat ware and reset... still not installing though

Norcalsteve22, Nov 19, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Nov 19, 2016
  5. serpentxx Win User
    I ran it as Administrator and it found nothing to remove in the "Recommended/Questionable" Tabs.
    Everything under the "Everything else" i had installed.

Would like to say that i used the "Remove all Metro Apps" powershell script in the past and never had this issue, its not the first time i have formatted with the v1607 iso either.

serpentxx, Nov 19, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    Try Revo Uninstaller. If the program doesn't show up in the list, use Hunter Mode.
    Be sure to use the Advanced option to fully remove them from the Windows Registry.

spunk, Nov 19, 2016
  7. serpentxx Win User
    That unfortunately did not work either,

I keep uninstalling them, and they keep randomly coming back.

Cant believe this is how Windows operates now.

serpentxx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bloat apps keep re-appearing - Similar Threads - Bloat apps keep

2. Unwanted keyboards keep re-appearing in language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted keyboards keep re-appearing in language bar: I usually have three keyboards set up: English Ireland with an Irish layout, Polish with the 214 layout, and Japanese. However, Windows keeps randomly adding UK English with the Irish layout and US English to the language bar. When I look in Settings, the two new languages do...
  3. Intel folder keeps re-appearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel folder keeps re-appearing: Hello,Why is it every time I login thru Windows, the Intel folder on Local C: is always created? I tried deleting it, and it just keeps on re-appearing every time you restart Windows. This is what I see whenever I'm about to delete the Intel folder....
  4. Intel folder keeps re-appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel folder keeps re-appearing: Hello,Why is it every time I login thru Windows, the Intel folder on Local C: is always created? I tried deleting it, and it just keeps on re-appearing every time you restart Windows. This is what I see whenever I'm about to delete the Intel folder....
  5. Intel folder keeps re-appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Afrikaans language keeps re-appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Afrikaans language keeps re-appearing: Hi Windows 10 has a bug where Afrikaans keyboard keeps re-appearing after being totally removed. I noticed many people complained about it in the past, so if this problem keeps happening to you too, please upvote this feedback entry: https://aka.ms/AA8gne3 Yigal...
  7. My PC and Desktop apps keep re-appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC and Desktop apps keep re-appearing on taskbar: Whenever I restart my PC, the 'My PC' and 'Desktop' apps re-appear on the taskbar. I unpin them manually every time, but then the reappear after a reboot. Is there any way to stop this?...
  8. Guidance - Hotmail Messages in Wndows 10 Mail App Keep Re-appearing

in Browsers and Email
    Guidance - Hotmail Messages in Wndows 10 Mail App Keep Re-appearing: Hi, All I have started using the Windows 10 Mail app on my Galaxybook for my hotmail email address. I have cleared out the Mail App at least 4 times today, but everytime i go in to look at new mails, all the old ones are back again. Whats even worse, if I actually log...
  9. Message re. quarantined file keeps appearing!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Message re. quarantined file keeps appearing!: I use Avast which is very good indeed but over the last 3 days every time I boot up my laptop a message appears in blue box which says 'file found and quarantined' or something like that. I quickly click on the ! in the corner of box but there is no info and the box...
  10. My Computer Folders keep re-appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    My Computer Folders keep re-appearing: Hey all, Both my Laptop and Desktop running Windows 10 have this issue i run the registry hack found here (Using 64bit as per my pc being 64bit) The folders re-appear after i reset my computer, they are never permanently disabled. i could have my computer silently...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 0 apps keep appearing