Windows 10: Block audio from specific apps

Discus and support Block audio from specific apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hopefully, that will get sorted soon. Spotify saved the setting on close and re-open! *Biggrin (without checking other settings or permissions)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Edwin, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Edwin New Member

Block audio from specific apps

Spotify saved the setting on close and re-open! *Biggrin
    (without checking other settings or permissions)

Groove did not! *Sad

Block audio from specific apps [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018

2. Other than the volume mixer, is there any way to block audio from specific applications?
    I'd prefer a solution that doesn't require action every time I run those apps.

:)

Hairy Scot, Apr 29, 2018
  3. How to block apps for a family member account

I'm sorry, Ferdz. There is no reference on that article on how to block a specific app. I says how to set age restrictions and how to block inappropriate apps. But it does NOT say how to block a specific app.

I would like to block the Chrome app. I previous removed the block on the Chrome app and now I would like to know how to add the block back to this app.

JulieJohnson123, Apr 29, 2018
  4. Block audio from specific apps

How to block a specific app using family settings

Hi,

Blocking specific apps is possible with the Microsoft Account's Family Safety Feature. To block a specific application on your child's account, it is a requirement that the app must be used by your child, so that it will appear in under the Recent Activity
    list. For your child's security, you can log in as the child and launch the app to satisfy this requirement.

Follow these steps to successfully block specific applications:

• Visit the Microsoft Family website and then sign in your Microsoft Account.
    • Click the account of the child that you want to block from using an app.
    • Select Recent Activity.
    • Click to ensure that Activity Reporting is turned on.
    • Scroll down and look for Apps & Games.
    • Choose the apps that you want to block on your child's account.
    • Click Block to block usage of the app.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Darleen Pen, Apr 29, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 29, 2018
  6. When I go into Settings---System I don't see an option for sound.

If I search for sound I get:-

and when I select Sound from that panel I get:-

If I search for "App volume and device preferences" I get no results found.

*Sad

How do I get Build 17074?

Hairy Scot, Apr 29, 2018
  7. pyramid10 Win User
    Beginning this Monday, this forum should/will have a link to the Media Creation Tool to acquire the April 2018 build.

pyramid10, Apr 29, 2018
  8. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Apr 29, 2018
  9. Monday 30th. April?

Hairy Scot, Apr 29, 2018
  10. Thanks for the heads up.

Hairy Scot, Apr 29, 2018
  11. pyramid10 Win User
    From my perspective, tomorrow.

pyramid10, Apr 29, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hopefully, that will get sorted soon.

Brink, Apr 29, 2018
  13. Block audio from specific apps

I'll just have to be like Otis. *Wink

Hairy Scot, Apr 29, 2018
  14. werby Win User
    Hi,
    I'm afraid not, even on Build 17074, unless your app lets you do that.
    Perhaps, on new built, there is a way to block apps under "Permission" settings. We'll see soon...

werby, Apr 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Block audio from specific apps - Similar Threads - Block audio specific

2. Windows 11 blocking access to specific websites/apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 blocking access to specific websites/apps: I am using a gaming computer with Windows 11.I am connected to xfinitywifi.Even though I turned off all the firewall domain network, private network, and public network, the computer keeps blocking access to specific websites/apps.For example, the computer blocks access to...
  3. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?: i know i can edit the hosts file but the hosts file blocks all apps. is there a way to only block 1 app from accessing a website? google wasn't any help.edit: the app should still be able to use the internet, just not access a few websites....
  4. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?: i know i can edit the hosts file but the hosts file blocks all apps. is there a way to only block 1 app from accessing a website? google wasn't any help.edit: the app should still be able to use the internet, just not access a few websites....
  5. is there a way to block a specific program from accessing a specific website?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to block all notifications or notifications from specific apps in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to block all notifications or notifications from specific apps in Windows 11: Windows 11's notification system may be used by applications to send notifications to the user's desktop. Apps may use it to send reminders to the user. A common scenario that is supported are push updates by sites. Subscribe to them, and you will get notifications on the...
  7. Blocking Specific Emails From Requesting Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocking Specific Emails From Requesting Access: Hey all, I had a question involving access requests. I recently noticed that in the last 30 days activity, there has been about 6 attempts from a long what I was told deactivated email account of mine attempting to log into my Microsoft account. This is worrying to say the...
  8. blocked from app

blocked from app: Since a Windows 10 update yesterday I am unable to open my QuickBooks app. I received the following message "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator." I am the administrator and have not knowingly blocked...
  9. Windows 10 app specific audio

Windows 10 app specific audio: I use two different chrome installations and use the Windows 10 app specific audio options to assign each to a different audio device, on board and my sound card. This has worked flawlessly until recently, (1-2 weeks) where suddenly it is struggling to differentiate between...
  10. Blocking Specific Windows Store Apps from changes

Blocking Specific Windows Store Apps from changes: Hi all! I have been having issues with third party Windows Store apps. I am running Windows 10 Pro, version 1607. The specific apps in question are Wifi Commander (which I purchased) and Netflix apps, but any third party app I try to install has the same issue. The problem...