Windows 10: Block child's internet connection

Discus and support Block child's internet connection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello ! I'm looking for a way to block internet connection of a child. So no more servers in minecraft, no more browsing the web, only the local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

Block child's internet connection

Hello !

I'm looking for a way to block internet connection of a child. So no more servers in minecraft, no more browsing the web, only the local stuff should be available.

Thanks.

:)

Marron, Sep 11, 2015

2. filter

That can't be done. If you connect your phone to a WiFi/mobile data it will connect to the internet.

It is a smartphone and one if it's feature is to connect to the internet. Why do you want to block the internet acces on your phone? Do you want to stop syncing or implement a child account?

Stranger_Hanyo, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Unable to dynamically extend screen time for a child account in Windows 10

This was a feature that I used all the time in Windows 8.1.

Why has it not been included in Windows 10. This feature also needs to be available in an offline capacity where an internet connection is not available as I am regularly in an area where I do not have internet coverage other than intermittent mobile coverage.

In my opinion the current usage of family safety does not have the child's best interest at its heart but appears to have a severe bias towards ease of setup instead (not a good option). An example of this is that you can only have a single block of time
    in which the child can access the computer with a maximum amount of time for that block. Windows 8.1 allowed you to have multiple blocks with which the child could gain access to their computer with an over arching maximum time. While this granularity took
    more to time to setup, it gave better control to the parent and helps to teach the child boundaries.

TooManyMembers, Sep 11, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

5. Marron Win User
    Nope. That's to help 'keep you child safe online'. I want to essentially break that user's internet connection while still maintaining lan connection, and I want something that doesn't affect other users.

Marron, Sep 11, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
  7. rfruth Win User
    rfruth, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Block child's internet connection - Similar Threads - Block child's internet

2. Windows 10 blocked internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 blocked internet connection: Hello, Hope someone will help me here with issue I'm having please. Windows 10 Internet completely blocked. Non of Browsers working, non of the apps will connect. Windows update also is not connecting. Appears that Microsoft Edge was updated just before the issue. Tried:...
  3. Windows 10 blocked internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 blocked internet connection: Hello, Hope someone will help me here with issue I'm having please. Windows 10 Internet completely blocked. Non of Browsers working, non of the apps will connect. Windows update also is not connecting. Appears that Microsoft Edge was updated just before the issue. Tried:...
  4. Windows 10 blocked internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account: I am setting up parental controls and am finding websites I've added to the blocked list are still accessible when searched. How do I fix this issue?...
  6. Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account: I am setting up parental controls and am finding websites I've added to the blocked list are still accessible when searched. How do I fix this issue?...
  7. Internet connection blocks everything.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet connection blocks everything.: Hello, Since a few weeks now I have an issue with my wireless internet connection. After a few minutesmore or less depending on the usage my internet connection will stop and the networks panel will indicate “no network found”, the task manager will be frozen,the setting...
  8. Block Google Chrome for Child

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Block Google Chrome for Child: I have 5 kids to setup content restrictions for. Though I love that Microsoft gives the power to have the safety features it does, the process is RIDICULOUS if you are doing it for more than 1 child!!! I attempted to setup my 3 younger kids to only have access to a couple...
  9. program blocking for child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    program blocking for child account: In Windows 7, I was able to basically block all programs. That is, all programs would be blocked unless the admin password was entered. There was also a way to allow certain programs without password. I can't seem to figure out how to do a similar thing in Windows 10. Did...
  10. Block complete connection to The Internet with windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Block complete connection to The Internet with windows?: Hi Guys after switching over to Win 10 and not using Kaspersky anymore until they have refined a working version of their latest product I can't find any way to block complete access to the Internet. In Kaspersky there was a setting that blocked all access. Is it possible...