Windows 10: Block Software from Installing or running

Discus and support Block Software from Installing or running in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to stop certain software/apps from installing, or if not possible, from not running? I want to block chrome. Also, can edge in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 01swodniw, Nov 19, 2016.

1. 01swodniw Win User

Block Software from Installing or running

Is there a way to stop certain software/apps from installing, or if not possible, from not running? I want to block chrome.

Also, can edge in the start menu be hidden?

Thanks

( win10 home x64 )

:)

01swodniw, Nov 19, 2016
  2. JADAmbra Win User

How do I unblock publisher on windows 10?

Internet Explorer is included in Windows 10, it is not on the start menu or toolbar, search for it on Cortana and you can use it. I'm not really sure it will help with this situation though. A software publisher being blocked from running software from
    running on your computer, installing a program that is using .exe from the hard drive is different then 'running' an internet program that Internet Explorer would be blocking.

JADAmbra, Nov 19, 2016
  3. blocking of software installing

I'm running windows 10 home and while installing software anti various blocks it from installing even my drives are not installing because of this.

ShouvikDasgupta, Nov 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Some firewalls can block programs. And you can install programs that restrict access to programs, although presumably you'd need one with some security features.
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/progra...-free-download
    (Specified up to Win 8)

Managing a child's account (e.g.):
    Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 initially had built-in parental controls (family safety) but this was removed, I understand, and replaced with something more complicated to set up:

Windows 10 Parental control - Microsoft Community
    Chrome:
    Here's an example using group policy (not available in Win 10 Home) for an older version of Windows.. if you look around you may well be able to find a later version:
    How to Stop Users From Installing Google Chrome | Windows content from Windows IT Pro

dalchina, Nov 19, 2016
  5. 01swodniw Win User
    Thanks.

I dont really want to create user accounts, or user wide parental controls etc.. Just after blocking a program, or two.

I checked the app, but it seems people are having some errors with it.

I was really hoping this could be achieved with a registry edit! Not sure if the last link for GP, could be used with reg files in win home?

01swodniw, Nov 20, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Why hack the registry? Best get some software to do the job you're happy with, or look into Group Policy changes as I suggested. The registry should be the last resort.

dalchina, Nov 20, 2016
  7. 01swodniw Win User
    It's home, so GP isnt an option.

I'd rather no software, because they seem to have bugs and cause problems. If there is a stable uptodate portable app that will do it, and doesnt need to keep running or cause errors, then that would be good.

Personally I like simple reg files that will do the job, after all, this place is where I get most of them *Wink

01swodniw, Nov 20, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

Antivirus programs can do this. I get Kaspersky Internet Security free from my bank and you can block program access very flexibily. It also has a 'trusted applications' mode and will automatically block a program not recognised on Kaspersky's database.

Steve C, Nov 20, 2016
  9. Linda JOJ Win User
    There are dozens of such programs in the net. I’d prefer a more flexible variant, helping me also to limit the time for certain programs and websites (e.g. facebook.com), so I use Time Boss Pro. It can do all the described stuff and even more (remote access from your PC to childs PC...).
    You can try K9, Kasper..

Linda JOJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Block Software from Installing or running - Similar Threads - Block Software Installing

2. this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error when installing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error when installing...: when trying to install dji driver for windows i get this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error. is there a way to fix this without going and changing in reg files? its kinda annoying! i cant install drivers for my dji controller...
  3. this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error when installing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error when installing...: when trying to install dji driver for windows i get this publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine error. is there a way to fix this without going and changing in reg files? its kinda annoying! i cant install drivers for my dji controller...
  4. System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation: I recently tried to install a game from CD-ROM on my Win10 box and a pop-up informed me that the system administrator had blocked the installation and I should contact that individual to resolve the issue. The problem is that this is purely a personal home computer and I...
  5. System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation: I recently tried to install a game from CD-ROM on my Win10 box and a pop-up informed me that the system administrator had blocked the installation and I should contact that individual to resolve the issue. The problem is that this is purely a personal home computer and I...
  6. System Administrator Blocks a Software Installation

7. an administrator has blocked you for running this app.... while installing the software m...

an administrator has blocked you for running this app.... while installing the software m...: an administrator has blocked you for running this app.... while installing the software m getting this plzz solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-administrator-has-blocked-you-for-running-this/456716bd-8b1a-48c4-9f6a-8df123d5664d
  8. Completely Block Software From Internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Completely Block Software From Internet: Hi all, I am trying to block software from connecting to the internet. I have a backup image of my PC with it all working offline, but as soon as I connect it to the internet, the software connects. It does this without opening/running the software, I think it has a...
  9. This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine

in Windows 10 News
    This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At times, when you try to open a file, you may see a Open File Security Warning box saying – This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine, You must unblock this publisher to run this software. [...] This post This publisher has been...
  10. being blocked from installing trusted software on a disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    being blocked from installing trusted software on a disk: I am trying to install 3rd party software (SAGE) but being blocked 'for my protection'. I am the administrator, how do I unblock?...