Windows 10: Blocked on Aptio Setup Utility

Discus and support Blocked on Aptio Setup Utility in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I have a small big problem: my laptop asus is blocked on aptio setup utility in the sense that every time I start it it redirects me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eric141, Sep 28, 2017.

1. eric141 Win User

Blocked on Aptio Setup Utility

Hi everybody, I have a small big problem: my laptop asus is blocked on aptio setup utility in the sense that every time I start it it redirects me to this menu. Why it's urgent: it's because I do not have access to my 2 OS window10 / ubuntu that contain important files for my studies that are happening right now. So, it is of paramount importance that I can solve this problem.Then I tried some stuff for sure. In fact, there is a lot of result on google on this problem, but it's still the same solution: disabled fast boot, enabled launch CSM and do F10 or F9 at startup (I even tested F4, F5, F6, F8) and nothing works. If you do little research you will come across a solution has kind 10 steps of microsoft, bah the one does not work.Then I tried to boot the Ubuntu installer on my USB key, but I can only test ubuntu without installing or installing it, but I want to access my old data. I then did the same for Window with the Window installer that offers troubleshooting. I tried the restore options but it asks me to select a system at startup but that's exactly what I do not have access to. Then boot diagnostic tool, good jme recalls more of all the options, but roughly there's nothing that works.Finally I have to type on the console: bootrec / RebuildRbc and it says that it detects no installation windows, suddenly, it is a trick with the hard disk literally.How I had this problem: I switched off my computer under ubuntu.My laptop configuration: Asus UX305C NoteBook PC. Normally it opens in Dual Boot Window 10 / Ubuntu.Thank you in advance.

:)

eric141, Sep 28, 2017
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Aptio Setup Utility

Hello Emma,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you encountered a blue screen prior to this issue?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to use F8, F2 and other keys?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try and perform a startup repair and see if there will be any changes. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Boot to Advanced Startup Options from a hard reboot. Press and hold the power button on your PC until it powers off and until it powers on.
    • Wait until you see the Windows logo screen or Please wait
      during boot. Usually it may take repeating up to 3 times.
    • Select See advanced repair options.
    • Under Advanced Startup Options, select
      Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options. Under Advanced options, select
      Startup Repair.
    • If prompted, select an administrator account to provide credentials for approval, type in the password and click
      Continue.
    • Startup Repair will now start Diagnosing your PC, and attempt to automatically repair it.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Sep 28, 2017
  3. Aptio Setup Utility

So i’ve looked up and tried multiple ways to get out of this screen. i have been able to enable the “Launch CSM” and disable the “Secure Boot Control” and from there i’ve hit “Save and Exit” and tried to turn it off, turn it on then hit F9. From there
    nothing happens. It takes me back to the same screen. I don’t know how to fix this and i can’t find any way to fix this. Seriously please help. It’s Windows 10 ASUS Laptop. Can’t remember the specific model but i’m hoping someone can help.

EmmaMcGinnis1, Sep 28, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

This probably requires somebody with knowledge and insight into dual-booting Win10 and Linux on the same machine to address fully. Sounds like it's something of an emergency, though, so if you can live without access to the Linux partition for a while, you can run a repair install of Windows 10 on this machine to regain access to the Windows aspects of your PC. Check out this tutorial: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials . I apologize if this doesn't fit your situation and urge patience until you hear from someone who knows EXACTLY what you should do. Sorry for your trouble!
    --Ed--
    @CountMike @NavyLCDR

EdTittel, Sep 28, 2017
  5. eric141 Win User
    Yeah I used Window media creation tool and when I tried to restore, it say that it doesn't detect any windows installation. Literally like he doesn't detect any hard drive. But I have a SSD I think.

eric141, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Blocked on Aptio Setup Utility - Similar Threads - Blocked Aptio Setup

2. Aptio Setup Utility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aptio Setup Utility: My computer is stuck on the Aptio Setup Utility page and won't do anything. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aptio-setup-utility/46f913fb-13ce-4c1b-b971-834908f49b0c
  3. Aptio Setup Utility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aptio Setup Utility: My computer is stuck on the Aptio Setup Utility page and won't do anything. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aptio-setup-utility/46f913fb-13ce-4c1b-b971-834908f49b0c
  4. Aptio Setup Utility

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Aptio Setup Utility: Hi,I was working on my laptop when suddenly the arrow on my screen disappeared. I tried shutting down and restarting my laptop which brought back the arrow. However, after a few minutes, it disappeared again. I tried the same method again but it didn't work. So, I uninstalled...
  5. Aptio Setup Utility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aptio Setup Utility: Hi,I was working on my laptop when suddenly the arrow on my screen disappeared. I tried shutting down and restarting my laptop which brought back the arrow. However, after a few minutes, it disappeared again. I tried the same method again but it didn't work. So, I uninstalled...
  6. Aptio Setup Utility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Stuck in Aptio Setup Utility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Aptio Setup Utility: Hello,My ASUS UX562FA Notebook PC froze all of a sudden today. I might've had one too many tabs and apps open at the same time. Once it restarted, the Aptio Setup Utility menu appeared and now it won't go away no matter what I do. I believe I am using Windows 10 although I...
  8. Aptio Setup Utility

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Aptio Setup Utility: Hello,I am operating on Windows 10 using an Onn 2 in 1 Convertible laptop. I have only had this laptop for about a year, maybe just shy, and haven't had any problems up until now. For some reason Windows won't load, the laptop will only load the Aptio Setup Utility screen.I...
  9. Aptio Setup Utility

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Aptio Setup Utility: My computer has been stuck in Aptio Setup Utility for months. I have tried alot of suggestions that I've found online but none have worked. I'm sorry the photos are upside down they don't appear that way in my files only when I upload them to this website. Any help graciously...
  10. aptio setup utility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    aptio setup utility: I have the aptio setup utility page on my ASUS and can't get to restore page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aptio-setup-utility/d5d1417f-0959-419d-86cc-5b650a961974