Windows 10: Blocking Flash, Shockwave, Silverlight controls activating in Office

Discus and support Blocking Flash, Shockwave, Silverlight controls activating in Office in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today we are announcing an upcoming change to Office that blocks activation of Flash, Shockwave and Silverlight controls within Office. We are taking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 14, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Blocking Flash, Shockwave, Silverlight controls activating in Office

Source: Blocking Flash, Shockwave, Silverlight controls from activating in Office Applications for Security - Microsoft Tech Community - 191729

:)

Brink, May 14, 2018

2. youtube with in Windows 10

Hi Alan,

Try the following and check.

We need to make sure that the necessary Add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer, to do this follow the steps below:

a. Open
    Internet Explorer for the desktop.

b. Tap or click the
    Tools button, and then tap or click Manage add-ons.

c. From the
    Show dropdown selection, select Run without Permissions.

Look for the following add-ons in the displayed list and make sure the Status is listed as
    Enabled

Note: when checking to see if the add-on is installed you can also verify the current version of the add-on.

The add-on for Microsoft Silverlight is listed as:

. Microsoft Silverlight

The add-ons for Adobe Flash and Adobe Shockwave Player are listed as:

· Shockwave Active X Control

· Shockwave Flash Object

The add-on for Java is listed as:

· Java Plug-in (May be multiple add-ons)

Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 14, 2018
  3. Websites consider my laptop as a mobile device

Hi,

Thanks you for posting your reply and update.

Meanwhile you can also Clear the cache and the cookies from websites that cause problems.
    You will need to make sure that the necessary Add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer, to do this follow the steps below:

a. Start Internet Explorer and click the Tools icon and then click Internet Options

b. Click the Programs Tab and click the Manage add-ons button

c. From the Show dropdown selection, select Run without Permissions

Look for the following add-ons in the displayed list and make sure the Status is listed as Enabled

Note: When checking to see if the add-on is installed you can also verify the current version of the add-on.

The add-on for Microsoft Silverlight is listed as Microsoft Silverlight

•Install the latest version of Silverlight and then make sure Silverlight is enabled in Internet Explorer.

•If you need to uninstall and then reinstall Silverlight visit the Get

Microsoft Silverlight website and click the Uninstall Silverlight tab

•For help with Silverlight issues, visit the Silverlight Community website

The add-ons for Adobe Flash and Adobe Shockwave Player are listed as Shockwave Active X Control and Shockwave Flash Object

•Update to the latest version of Adobe Flash

•In some cases it may be necessary to uninstall Adobe Flash from your installed programs list and then reinstall the latest version

•For help with Adobe Flash issues, visit the Adobe Flash Help and Support website

•Update to the latest version of Adobe Shockwave

•In some cases it may be necessary to uninstall Adobe Shockwave Player from your installed programs list and then reinstall the latest version

•For help with Adobe Shockwave issues, visit the Adobe Shockwave Player Help and Support website

The add-on for Java is listed as Java Plug-in (May be multiple add-ons).

•Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed

•In some cases it may be necessary to uninstall Java from your installed programs list and then reinstall the latest version

•For help with Java issues, visit the Java Help Center website

Java Help Center

You can also refer to the following Microsoft article for more information.

Videos won't play or webpages don't display correctly

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, May 14, 2018
Thema:

Blocking Flash, Shockwave, Silverlight controls activating in Office

1. Blocking Flash, Shockwave, Silverlight controls activating in Office - Similar Threads - Blocking Flash Shockwave

2. shockwave

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shockwave: HiDid anything ever replace shockwave flash player some of my screen saver needs thatThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shockwave/b4e3641c-b44c-431e-b90f-cee1a47ad64d
  3. shockwave

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shockwave: HiDid anything ever replace shockwave flash player some of my screen saver needs thatThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shockwave/b4e3641c-b44c-431e-b90f-cee1a47ad64d
  4. shockwave

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shockwave flash player isn't working on my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shockwave flash player isn't working on my pc: My computer is months old and has windows 10. I also, Installed the new version of shockwave flash player but, I have noticed when I try to load a website with IE using shockwave player, It reloads and reloads until it crashes. When I tried playing a game made with...
  6. silverlight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    silverlight: I am doing an online class but the website for my class says I need silverlight for the program, but when I try to install it, i keep getting the message that my browser does not support it. What can I do?...
  7. Silverlight 5 Blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Silverlight 5 Blocked: Silverlight 5 is necessary for me to work from home. I cannot download it, because it states multiple times that there is a Virus. Others have been able to do this; now I am "out in the cold". Help, Please....
  8. adobe flash is blocked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adobe flash is blocked: After latest windows update, adobe flash is blocked wile using games on facebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-is-blocked/1eea725e-52ed-415c-a1fe-12d7e5d09ebd
  9. Silverlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Silverlight: Do I need to have Silverlight on my P C anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silverlight/a7762173-2070-4e12-be26-338f9a1c614c
  10. Chrome and Shockwave Flash

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome and Shockwave Flash: I keep getting a notice that Shockwave Flash is not responding. So I removed it from Control Panel Add/Remove software. I still keep getting that notice. Where is it hiding. What else do I have to remove? 47113