Windows 10: Blue Circle on Right Click

Discus and support Blue Circle on Right Click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok so this isn't a big issue but it's driving me nuts. I run the latest version of Windows 10 64 Bit. I have 4 disks in my computer. 3 SSDs and 1 HDD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LinkinForcer, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Blue Circle on Right Click

Ok so this isn't a big issue but it's driving me nuts. I run the latest version of Windows 10 64 Bit. I have 4 disks in my computer. 3 SSDs and 1 HDD.

Every time I log in I can right click anywhere I want with no issue. But if I choose to right the HDD under my computer I get a blue spinning circle that replaces the mouse curser and it stays that way until I try and close the window. After a few seconds my screen goes black and then everything returns back to normal after a few seconds. I'd imagine that would be the explorer.exe crashing and restarting.

The HDD has nothing on it at all as it is just a backup drive for when I move files around. It's just driving me insane because I don't know what's casuisng the hang up.

I can right click any other drive and everything is fine. I right click the desktop and I may see a blue circle for a fraction of a second but then the context menu appears with no issue.

Here is the weird thing though. As long as I right click something else first I can then right click the HDD with no problem but if the HDD is the first thing I right click it hangs up and explorer.exe crashes.

:)

LinkinForcer, Aug 28, 2017

2. Unable to Create New Folder Win 10 new laptop

I get the little blue circle when I try to create a new folder. I tried several different approaches and get the blue circle each time. I have to close explorer to make it stop. The closest I got was right clicking on the desktop to create a new folder
    then dragging it to another folder in explorer, but when I tried to rename it the blue circle started. I've read other posts with similar topics but no suggestions seem to work. thanks

DennisLakeWales, Aug 28, 2017
  3. rturtle Win User
    Cannot open File Explorer

File explorer does not open in left/right click. just get blue circle. It will open if I double click left side but I get no dialog box

rturtle, Aug 28, 2017
  4. Blue Circle on Right Click

What I would suggest first is to see if there are any corrupt system files causing this issue.

First try running in a elevated command prompt: sfc /scannow

See if that comes up with any errors.

Whether that comes up with errors or not, next run: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

This will fix any component store corruption.

Beyond this, there could be something up with that drive.

In a elevated command prompt, type: chkdsk VOLUME_LETTER /X /R

Where VOLUME_LETTER is replaced with the designated letter for that volume (e.g. D:, E:, F:, etc)

ArazelEternal, Aug 28, 2017
Thema:

Blue Circle on Right Click

1. Blue Circle on Right Click - Similar Threads - Blue Circle Right

2. Right Click Causes Temporary Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click Causes Temporary Blue Screen: When I right click a desktop item, I get a blue screen and no right click menu. This happened while running Windows 10. I upgraded to Windows 11 hoping it would solve the problem, if anything it is worse due to the blue screen lasting longer than before. Is there an easy fix...
  3. Right Click Causes Temporary Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click Causes Temporary Blue Screen: When I right click a desktop item, I get a blue screen and no right click menu. This happened while running Windows 10. I upgraded to Windows 11 hoping it would solve the problem, if anything it is worse due to the blue screen lasting longer than before. Is there an easy fix...
  4. Right click == Blue circle (first on zip files now on all directories)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click == Blue circle (first on zip files now on all directories): Hi everyone- When right clicking on a zip folder to extract files, i am getting a blue circle that is only cured by restarting windows explorer. I have tried to clear out the regedit and a couple of workarounds i found online, but nothing has seemed to work. Please help....
  5. Spinning Blue Circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning Blue Circle: When I click on an app or file, a blue circle starts spinning next to the pointer. Whatever this spinning is doing slows down opening the app or file for seconds and sometimes half a minute or more. Sometimes it turns the screen pale as if it is making a screen print. I asked...
  6. Too long circle at first right click...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Too long circle at first right click...: As I start my pc , after the first right click it just circles for about 5 minutes and then everything returns to fine and smooth... It happens only at the first right click.. plzz suggest a fix.. I have Windows 10 with 16 GB ram submitted by /u/palash_donode [link]...
  7. Flashing blue circle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flashing blue circle: The blue circle next to te arrow keeps flashing and its a brand new laptop. Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashing-blue-circle/665bf8c6-6598-43de-be00-c45784f0d96c
  8. Unable to right click on desktop and end up with infinite spinning blue circle?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to right click on desktop and end up with infinite spinning blue circle?: Hi, I've tried to go back to a previous restore point but the error still occurs. I'm just trying to access the Nvidia Control Panel. Any solutions?...
  9. when I right click a jpeg, get blue circle then after a a few seconds, sometimes a couple...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when I right click a jpeg, get blue circle then after a a few seconds, sometimes a couple...: when I right click a jpeg, get blue circle then after a a few seconds, sometimes a couple of minutes, explorer crashes. Have tried sfc scannow, mbytes, windows defender, Norton etc. Only an issue with jpegs. Can double click a jpeg and it opens fine. photos app in general...
  10. flashing blue circle

in Windows 10 Support
    flashing blue circle: I know there is others who have this issue of the flashing blue working circle next to the mouse pointer on the screen. I have read through he forums and tried what I could find but so far no luck getting rid of it. I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - on my Asus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click desktop blue circle

2. right click blue circle 2019

3. click blue circle

4. windows blue circle right click,
  5. right click spinning blue circle,
  6. right click circle,
  7. mouse right click blue,
  8. when i right click on my screen the blue circle keeps going for a long time windows 10,
  9. right click blue circle,
  10. circle when i right click