Windows 10: Blue Light Reduction cannot be turned off

Discus and support Blue Light Reduction cannot be turned off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop is Thinkpad W530. The system is windows 10 home edition build 14393.693. I set up my screen by using Blue Light Reduction (BLR). Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jinchi, Jan 14, 2017.

1. jinchi Win User

Blue Light Reduction cannot be turned off

My laptop is Thinkpad W530. The system is windows 10 home edition build 14393.693.
    I set up my screen by using Blue Light Reduction (BLR). Now everyday after 9pm, the screen goes into blue light redution model. However, I want to revert it back to normal. The interesting thing comes that I cannot find way to. *SadNo BLR button in quick action. No BLR shows up in settings-display.

Here comes questions:
    1) How could I get it before? I remember it bubble up before to let me set up.
    2) How could I revert the system back to normal if I cannot do the same steps as instruction in my laptop as link below:

Blue Light Reduction - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

3) Is that I can only wait the system updated to like build 15007? Where I can download 15007?

:)

jinchi, Jan 14, 2017

2. What is the real purpose of Light Sensors in N73??

You are getting the light sensor mixed up with the blue standby light.

The way to disable the light is to set sleep mode to off. This will stop the light but you may notice a reduction in battery life.

psychomania---01, Jan 14, 2017
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Jan 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Jinchi, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you can download and merge the .reg file below to restore blue light settings back to default. I didn't include it in the tutorial since these are binary values in the registry that would vary depending on what blue light setting you had set. Since you want default, this will work just fine though.

Default_Blue_Light_settings.reg

Brink, Jan 14, 2017
  5. jinchi Win User
    Hi Brink, thanks. I run the attached reg by double-click. It does not work as I once adjust time to 9pm that the screen still turns into blue light reduction function.*Sick

jinchi, Jan 15, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, you'll need to update to at least build 15002 if your an Insider to have these settings available.

Brink, Jan 15, 2017
  7. jinchi Win User
    I am not an insider.*Sick

jinchi, Jan 15, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You might check to see if your monitor's settings or software may have a blue light setting that you could change for it.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Blue Light Reduction cannot be turned off - Similar Threads - Blue Light Reduction

2. Microsoft LifeCam Blue Light Stay Will Not Turn Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft LifeCam Blue Light Stay Will Not Turn Off: New Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 6 laptop, Windows 10 OS:When I connect my Microsoft LifeCam Cinema or LifeCam Studio camera to the laptop the blue light will turn on and will not turn off. If I disable the LifeCam mic, the light will turn off until I, launch Skype, or open sound...
  3. Microsoft LifeCam Blue Light Stay Will Not Turn Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft LifeCam Blue Light Stay Will Not Turn Off: New Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 6 laptop, Windows 10 OS:When I connect my Microsoft LifeCam Cinema or LifeCam Studio camera to the laptop the blue light will turn on and will not turn off. If I disable the LifeCam mic, the light will turn off until I, launch Skype, or open sound...
  4. Microsoft LifeCam Blue Light Stay Will Not Turn Off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannot turn on night light

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot turn on night light: Hi there! I cannot turn on night mode in my windows 10. This has started from today. It can't be turned on even from the settings. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-night-light/bf0c4c7e-74d0-4b79-9259-e1088afb3cfc
  6. Night Light not turning off

Night Light not turning off: Just 2 days ago the night light setting is no longer working for me, i try to disable it from action center and from settings but it keeps closing the settings window and stays on, I have tried a lot of things to help but nothing has worked so far....
  7. Night Light Turning Off

Night Light Turning Off: I have a Surface Pro X and have been having this issue for a while now: When I turn on the Night Light and have the scheduled setting on, the night light "turns off" after my device goes to sleep for a bit and then wakes back up, even if it's after sunset. When I swipe in...
  8. Blue light reduction

Blue light reduction: I understand there is a way to reduce the amount of blue light emitted from my computer screen with Windows 10. Can someone help me with this? Thanks. Ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-light-reduction/b3928a13-64ef-46ba-b7f5-b3446d7dd047
  9. Dimming screen to turn off blue light spectrum

Dimming screen to turn off blue light spectrum: Is there a way to dim the screen and apply a red tinted filter that turns off most of the blue light spectrum? I work on computer at night and this interferes with melatonin production and prevents sleep. Katie...
  10. Microsoft Is Building A Blue Light Reduction Feature For Redstone 2

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Is Building A Blue Light Reduction Feature For Redstone 2: Earlier this week, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 and seeing as we are now into the Redstone 2 development phase, new features are starting to show up in Insider builds. The newest feature uncovered will reduce the amount of blue light emitted late at night;...