Windows 10: Blue lines appearing on any black background

Discus and support Blue lines appearing on any black background in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, my friend recently bought a new gaming laptop asus strix. He has had it for no more than 10 hours and has got a problem. Ive tried fixing it but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Idundeexuk, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Idundeexuk Win User

Blue lines appearing on any black background

Hi, my friend recently bought a new gaming laptop asus strix. He has had it for no more than 10 hours and has got a problem. Ive tried fixing it but cant find a fix anywhere.

He went to open up battlegrounds then his screen showed up blue horizontal lines across the screen. It also came up with dx11 is required to run when opening up battlegrounds althought the game was working fine before. When we open up the internet or icons on the computer they work perfectly fine and the lines only appear on a black background. Disrupting anything that is on the black image. When we restart the computer it will not load back up unless you power it off completely. It also says starting up disk repair.

I used print screen to see if there was damage to the screen but the lines show up on the screenshot so im guessing it has something to do with the graphics card or video card? We have updated both but nothing has worked.

It would be great help if someone could help us out. Thank you!

:)

Idundeexuk, Jun 1, 2018
  2. Marivel Man Win User

Windows 10 Black Background?

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps on how to troubleshoot black screen problems. Check on the links provided below:

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Using Paint to Write Yellon on a Black Background

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it help.

• Open Paint.

• Under Home Tab, Click on Fill with color.

• Select the black color, and now click on blank page below.

• Now the background will be in black color.

• Select Brushes under Home tab and select yellow color.

• Then you will be able to write word and Figures in yellow color.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Blue lines appearing on any black background

1. Blue lines appearing on any black background - Similar Threads - Blue lines appearing

2. Black line randomly appeared after opening app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black line randomly appeared after opening app.: So I just opened one of my apps on my computer called osu, But the screen went black. I closed the app and saw that there is a black line at the bottom of the screen. I don't know why but I need to fix this and all my hardware is fine. Please help. I use a Get 1060 and Intel...
  3. Black background

Black background: When I switched un my computer this morning it asked for a password. I was horrified because with Microsoft help I did away with the password option a few years ago. I switched off and took out battery and when I powered up again it seemed fine but the background is black...
  4. Windows Command-Line: Backgrounder

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: Backgrounder: This is the first of a series of posts in which we’ll explore all things command-line – from the origins of the command-line and the evolution of the terminal, to what we’re doing to overhaul and modernize the Windows Console & command-line in future Windows releases. Posts...
  5. Black lines on Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Black lines on Properties: This problem happened yesterday (see attached image). Everything was normal after restarting my computer. I ran chksdk and a full IS scan with no problems. All is back to normal now. Any ideas of what this could have been? [img] 112361
  6. Black background

Black background: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and my desktop theme/picture is fine, but my task bar and all other screens have a black back ground. How do I change this? 38382
  7. Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen: While playing Star Trek Online the other day, red lines began appearing on the screen. At first the lines only appeared in the game which made me think it might have something to do with my graphics card, but then they started to appear on the screen all the time. I shut my...
  8. Blue lines across monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blue lines across monitor: Hello i have been recently experiencing an issue where there are blue lines across my monitor when i watch a movie or play games also it looks like its on one half of the screen Snaggy - easy screenshots here is what it looks like 52910
  9. Black line in laptop display

in Windows 10 Support
    Black line in laptop display: My laptop shows a small black line about 2cm x 2mm that does not move. If I connect the laptop to an external monitor that line does not show up. Guess it is time to look for a new laptop? *cry Maybe I can find something on Cyber Monday. Ak 98895
  10. Desktop background goes black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop background goes black: I have a picture here of my desktop background. Notice how behind the icons is black. Now the entire background just blacked out. I also have problems with menus in apps. Notice how Synctoy isn't displaying the menu correctly. What is going on? [img] [img] 83640