Blue lines appearing on any black background

Discus and support Blue lines appearing on any black background in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, my friend recently bought a new gaming laptop asus strix. He has had it for no more than 10 hours and has got a problem. Ive tried fixing it but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Idundeexuk, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Idundeexuk Win User

Hi, my friend recently bought a new gaming laptop asus strix. He has had it for no more than 10 hours and has got a problem. Ive tried fixing it but cant find a fix anywhere.

He went to open up battlegrounds then his screen showed up blue horizontal lines across the screen. It also came up with dx11 is required to run when opening up battlegrounds althought the game was working fine before. When we open up the internet or icons on the computer they work perfectly fine and the lines only appear on a black background. Disrupting anything that is on the black image. When we restart the computer it will not load back up unless you power it off completely. It also says starting up disk repair.

I used print screen to see if there was damage to the screen but the lines show up on the screenshot so im guessing it has something to do with the graphics card or video card? We have updated both but nothing has worked.

It would be great help if someone could help us out. Thank you!

:)

Idundeexuk, Jun 1, 2018
  2. Marivel Man Win User

Windows 10 Black Background?

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps on how to troubleshoot black screen problems. Check on the links provided below:

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Using Paint to Write Yellon on a Black Background

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it help.

• Open Paint.

• Under Home Tab, Click on Fill with color.

• Select the black color, and now click on blank page below.

• Now the background will be in black color.

• Select Brushes under Home tab and select yellow color.

• Then you will be able to write word and Figures in yellow color.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Blue lines appearing on any black background - Similar Threads - Blue lines appearing

2. Can`t install any .msi file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can`t install any .msi file: Can`t install any .msi file. Shows this message: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cant-install-any-msi-file/6635c606-200c-48c1-889c-5733f08becc9
  3. Local Account Administrator appears as Standard

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account Administrator appears as Standard: Hi there, Maybe this is totally normal, but I'm not quite sure why it works this way. In the Win10 panel, the account shows as administrator, in the old control panel it looks different: [img] Basically, my account which is the administrator appears as a standard...
  4. Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out: I"m not getting a BSOD, but the system is recording all sorts of errors and warnings, so hopefully this is the right place... Windows 10 Pro, EVGA Geforce 970 GTX. Winver SAYS it’s running 1803. I GENERALLY try to keep the nvidia drivers current, but that may have been a...
  5. Play any where Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play any where Games: I just got a Pc and was wondering if I could download my Xbox games onto my pc. Can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/play-any-where-games/d0d405f5-6866-49b9-8f1b-159feb368429
  6. Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death: Does Microsoft Get Help actually helps or do they refer you to some tech support scammer? My laptop currently has blue screen issues. Every time I watch the video with sounds, it blue screens out of nowhere and when it restarts, the sound in the computer does not work for a...
  7. after windows 10 update slow boot, black screen. slow web page laoding, crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after windows 10 update slow boot, black screen. slow web page laoding, crashes: after last few updates and last in particular, black screen after log in, slow page loading, crashes on explorer and word. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/after-windows-10-update-slow-boot-black-screen/bf4ec0db-c2f1-4151-a103-b1c01747cd55
  8. Paint 3d Smart Background Fill Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint 3d Smart Background Fill Not Working: Smart background fill stopped working after an update. I don't know which update it was but when i try to use magic select, it replaces with white fill. [IMG] [ATTACH] I tried uninstalling and then re-installing and it is still the same result. I tried using the...
  9. Spinning Blue Circle on waking the machine from locked Scree

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spinning Blue Circle on waking the machine from locked Scree: Every few weeks I experience the situation of the never-ending spinning circle of white dots on the blue screen background. Although I have often waited 10+ minutes, usually I force a power-down (windows is non responsive to the keyboard) and then the PC reboots and things...
  10. print screen key producing black images

in Windows 10 Customization
    print screen key producing black images: I have until the last few days used the print screen + fn key to capture screen shots v easily - now all I get is black images- any ideas how to correct this ?? Not aware of any software updates /changes tomy pc thanks...