Windows 10: Blue screen after installing Creators Update

Discus and support Blue screen after installing Creators Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been running Windows 10 Education on my Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe based system for 2ys now and as far as I remember haven't had a blue screen So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xy677, Apr 10, 2017.

1. xy677 Win User

Blue screen after installing Creators Update

I've been running Windows 10 Education on my Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe based system for 2ys now and as far as I remember haven't had a blue screen

So I rebuilt my machine today with Windows 10 Enterprise Build 15063.138 and now when I try to play MP4 or MKV files I get a BSOD...every single time. The error is:

attempted to execute non-executable memory

So I updated my chipset, video and sound drivers but this hasn't helped. I'm on the latest BIOS.

Any ideas? Before rebuilding I upgraded Education 1607 to 1703 and it was fine and I could play these videos. This issue has only started happening since rebuilding from scratch and using the Enterprise version.

:)

xy677, Apr 10, 2017
  2. ntinos2 Win User

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

After installing the Fall Creators Update, I have a lot blue screens with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I have a Minidump file if you are interest

ntinos2, Apr 10, 2017
  3. How to troubleshoot blue screen errors in Windows 10

My blue screen has been on for a very long time, right after windows 10 upgrade so it seems its a system problem and not an app I installed. heard the creator's update had a blue screen troubleshoot option so tried that update but it won't work.

DanielAnim, Apr 10, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

5. snickie Win User
    I have an Intel NUC computer with Windows 10 which has been stable as a rock for the last two years. The day after I installed W10 Creators Update I got my first BSOD!

I have another high end laptop MSI GT72 also with W10 that has run stable for one year now. Directly after installing W10 CU I get lots of program errors in Realtek and Nahimic.

go figure...

snickie, Apr 12, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Likely reason, they've not been optimized for Windows 10 CU version.

7. snickie Win User
    Probably, but I have the latest audio drivers and Nahimic software from MSI and they state these are compatible with W10 Creators Update!

snickie, Apr 12, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

Create a new thread for your problems if you'd like help with it.

9. Both my Windows installations that I have updated to Creators update have had BSOD problems where they never had one before. One is a PC desktop I built 7 years ago and the other is an I5 Intel NUC I have had for over a year. Multiple problems beside BSOD, missing apps, browsers broken(Chrome) freezes etc
    Fixed NUC problems by going to the restore function and going back to previous windows installation which fixed all the problems.

spandauguard, Apr 12, 2017
  10. cbwilsha Win User
    I tried updating to 15063.13 and later to 15063.138 from 14393.1066 with problems similar to the above. In both attempts, multiple BSOD'S (Reason: Page Fault in Non-Paged Area) a day resulted where none existed before and returning to 14393.1066 was the only cure. I'm staying with 14393.1066 until more folks are taken to 15063 and the problem gets fixed.

Reported both instances in Feedback Hub.

C.B.

cbwilsha, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Blue screen after installing Creators Update - Similar Threads - Blue screen installing

2. Windows not installing updates after blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not installing updates after blue screens: My laptop blue screened, and I ran an automatic repair to fix it, and it deleted some recent updates. When i tried to run some programs they ran very slow. I went to check my drivers or any updates I noticed there was an update available, but when i tried to download it it...
  3. Windows not installing updates after blue screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not installing updates after blue screens: My laptop blue screened, and I ran an automatic repair to fix it, and it deleted some recent updates. When i tried to run some programs they ran very slow. I went to check my drivers or any updates I noticed there was an update available, but when i tried to download it it...
  4. Windows not installing updates after blue screens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. creator update installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creator update installed: Minor problems, (or annoyances), after installing. 1 problem remains, I play dominoes on playdrift, after update of creator now all the dominoes flash when they move, very annoying, game plays correctly. Did update change something causing this, did edge change something....
  6. After Creators Update - Blue Screen - After Switching User Accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Creators Update - Blue Screen - After Switching User Accounts: I'm having an issue since the Creators update. I have 3 user accounts on my Surface Book. Since the Creators update, after I switch user accounts I will get a blue screen restart. But it seems like this happens after I open Edge and play a YouTube video. That is the only...
  7. Win 10 after creators update installed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 after creators update installed: After creators update installed I have gotten pages Windows services running. My machine is running at about 50% CPU. At idle it's usually around 15 to 2%. I've never seen so many services running at 1 time sine Win NT!! See Screen captures 1 & 2 90542
  8. Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen calibration resetting after Creators Update: My wife and I just updated to the creators update and now whenever we launch a video game the screen calibration resets. (Everything gets brighter.) I have looked on nvidia's forums and microsoft's forums and I haven't found any solutions. Other people are also getting this...
  9. Blank screen after installing Creators Update (NOT spinning circles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen after installing Creators Update (NOT spinning circles): EDIT:// UPDATE! I have solved my issue. What I did was as follows: I used CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open task manager. Once task manager was open, I then used the Start a new task function to run "msconfig". In "msconfig" I chose to boot into safe mode with networking, and upon...
  10. Black Screen with Creators Update Installed and a Reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Creators Update Installed and a Reboot: Installed the Windows 10 Creators update for the 3rd time to completion each time. After the install, everything was running as expected. I was looking at a digital magazine within Zinio, and after completing several issues the program lockup and I needed to reboot. Zinio...