Windows 10: Blue Screen and application crashes after adding new RAM stick

Discus and support Blue Screen and application crashes after adding new RAM stick in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, After installing new RAM stick my Windows keeps closing some apps by itself (Chrome browser for example). I also get blue screens of many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FurbyBoi, Aug 8, 2018.

1. FurbyBoi Win User

Blue Screen and application crashes after adding new RAM stick

Hi,

After installing new RAM stick my Windows keeps closing some apps by itself (Chrome browser for example).

I also get blue screens of many different types but one of them was memory failure. The RAM sticks are not the same
    but they have the same speed and voltage. BIOS sees them both and correctly shows speed and amount of memory.
    I tried to "make" the PC crash by opening hundred of Chrome tabs but task manager shown that memory is working correctly

(using 12 out of 16gb so 2 8gb ram sticks must have worked). Unfortunately when I get into games I either get blue screen or

app crashes. I tested it in League of Legends and Vampyr. I have Asus Z370-p motherboard, i5 8400 and GTX 1060 6gb.

Is buying 2 exactly the same ram sticks necesarry to solve this issue?

Thanks for the help in advance.

:)

FurbyBoi, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Law-II Win User

Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Blue crashes after RAM installation

Hi,

The blue screen error that you encountered may indicate a possible driver or hardware compatibility issue. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver in the search box and press
      Enter to help you identify.
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

As an initial step to troubleshoot the blue screen error, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    support article. Follow through the guided walk through to view the appropriate steps. Once you're done,
    check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Aug 8, 2018
  4. ConnorCD Win User

Blue screen crashes

I currently only have 1 8gb stick of DDR4 2666 RAM installed as my other is currently in the mail on it's way. I've tried it in multiple different slots, I also tried driver verifier and it instantly blue screen crashed twice before reaching the windows

ConnorCD, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Blue Screen and application crashes after adding new RAM stick - Similar Threads - Blue Screen application

2. Computer crashes and blue-screens after installing new RAM, Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes and blue-screens after installing new RAM, Help!: Hello, I've recently been fighting my computer for the last 2 weeks. Originally it was supposed to be a simple RAM/CPU upgrade, but resulted in a huge mess...To run through the process I'll start from the beginning.My computer's old CPU was not supported by current versions...
  3. Computer crashes and blue-screens after installing new RAM, Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes and blue-screens after installing new RAM, Help!: Hello, I've recently been fighting my computer for the last 2 weeks. Originally it was supposed to be a simple RAM/CPU upgrade, but resulted in a huge mess...To run through the process I'll start from the beginning.My computer's old CPU was not supported by current versions...
  4. Windows blue screening with 2 sticks of ram installed

Windows blue screening with 2 sticks of ram installed: My Spec - Motherboard - Asus tuf b760m plus gaming wifi d5 motherboardRam - RAM 16 GB CORSAIR DDR5 5600mhzCPU - INTEL CORE I7 13700KGpu - ZOTAC RTX 4070 12 GB OC TRINITYCooler - LIANLI GALAHAD 360 ARGBSMPS - DEEPCOOL DQ 850M V3LSSD - CORSAIR 1 TB MP 600 / Samsung 1tb 980 EVOI...
  5. blue screen after installing new ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen after installing new ram: my pc blue screen after installing new ram 2gb to 4 gb , ram = kingston 2gb , my pc have 2 slots of ram . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-after-installing-new-ram/d8b0e21a-3848-4f8f-91c9-9d3a93c0a23c
  6. blue screen after installing new ram

blue screen after installing new ram: my pc blue screen after installing new ram 2gb to 4 gb , ram = kingston 2gb , my pc have 2 slots of ram . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-after-installing-new-ram/d8b0e21a-3848-4f8f-91c9-9d3a93c0a23c
  7. Windows blue screening with 2 sticks of ram installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows blue screening with 2 sticks of ram installed: Hello I get BSOD's when trying to use 2 sticks of ram, but, when using then alone, windows works fines. I already did a memcheck on both rams and get no errors. They had different frequencys, but i've set then equal at 2400mhz at bios.I tried to use windbg on minidumps to...
  8. Windows blue screening with 2 sticks of ram installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows blue screening with 2 sticks of ram installed: Hello I get BSOD's when trying to use 2 sticks of ram, but, when using then alone, windows works fines. I already did a memcheck on both rams and get no errors. They had different frequencys, but i've set then equal at 2400mhz at bios.I tried to use windbg on minidumps to...
  9. Blue Screen Crashes after upgrading RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Crashes after upgrading RAM: I have a Dell inspiron 3567 with following configuration Processor : i5 7th gen Graphics Card : 2gb AMD Radeon Ram : 4gb + 2gb = 6gb Then I upgraded ram configuration and replaced 2GB ram with 8GB ram with required frequency and other specs. But now with now total of...
  10. Getting blue screens after installing a new stick of RAM. Need some help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting blue screens after installing a new stick of RAM. Need some help.: So i recently bought a second stick of 8gb 3000mhz RAM, so i could upgrade my pc from 8gbs to 16gbs. I installed the ram onto my motherboard, having the sticks at slots 2 and 4 so i could use the dual channel, and excitedly booted up my system. After my pc booted up,i checked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue screen after closing applications