Windows 10: Blue screen and other things caused by AU???

Discus and support Blue screen and other things caused by AU??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My 2 year old computer came with W10 Home 64-bit. Since then, I have accepted all updates from MS and the computer always was working fine. And just a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flycaster, Aug 30, 2016.

1. flycaster Win User

Blue screen and other things caused by AU???

My 2 year old computer came with W10 Home 64-bit. Since then, I have accepted all updates from MS and the computer always was working fine. And just a couple of weeks ago, I allowed AU 1607 to be installed. Trouble, trouble, trouble since then:

Thunderbird (always allowed new updates so I'm now using the latest 45.3.0) always crashing. And, at times, I'm getting a dropdown alert asking if I want to move on to the next email in my inbox with choices of Yes/No. However, selecting either leaves the alert uresponsive. This alert will also sometimes appear when TB is open. This alert appears on my desktop while Thunderbird's icon is in the taskbar, but I haven't opened it yet.

I'm having scrolling problems that usually arise when the computer is awoken from sleep. For example, whether it be File Explorer or Firefox (the latest,) page would open at its bottom. Using either the mouse wheel or the scroll bar in an effort to go to the top of the page, there would be some movement upwards, but then the page would quickly revert back down to the bottom even while I am still issuing the command. Rebooting seems to be the only temporary solution to this scrolling issue.

And now the scary part, just got an all blue screen and thought I was dead in the water. However, alt/control/delete allowed me to shut down. On rebooting, there was the normal start up. Also, somewhere (don't remember just when) during his sequence, there was a totally black screen?

Is there any help for these issues, or do we just have to wait for MS to fix things??? Of course, any helpful suggestions are appreciated.

:)

flycaster, Aug 30, 2016
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Blue screen caused by hal.dll+395cf and ntoskrnl.exe+25c22d in Windows 10

Hi,

based on your concern, we would like to ask some information to better assist your concern:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any stop code?

You can use this
    link
    to help you troubleshoot blue screen errors.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Blue screen caused by hal.dll+395cf and ntoskrnl.exe+25c22d in Windows 10

Dear Remon,

Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

No, the computer is new (Dell OptiPlex 3046).

Did you get any stop code?

The code is always WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

I have two same computers (Dell OptiPlex 3046) and they have same error blue screen once every day.

I have updated all major drivers and the BIOS to latest versions, but the blue screen still occurs.

Regards,

Sunny Lau

SunnyLau175, Aug 30, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Have you tried the usual healthchecks for system files: sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth (and /restorehealth if called for)? If not, try them out in an administrative command window. If everything comes back clean, you may want to consider an in-place upgrade install by way of OS repair.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 31, 2016
  5. mrgeek Win User
    Your best and quickest option is an in-place Repair where you will re-install Anniv, repairing corrupt or missing files from a clean image of 10. I presume you can get to internet, so, go to this Microsoft page -
    Windows 10 ISO

Select plain Windows 10, English (not English International) then 64 bit and download and save the ISO to your desktop. R-click 'Mount' click the setup.exe in the file folder that opens and follow the instructions. You'll have an option to keep your files and programs but I would back these up to an external drive, just because. Let it run and it will take about 1 hr to get you to your login screen and then it will complete installation.

This is how I upgraded to 10 Anniv on all computers that I support incl my mine, rather than waiting and using the built-in Windows Upgrade which more than a few people find problems with afterwards. Don't know if conflicting files or settings are carried over but the In-place Repair should fix. No matter how old or new or which OS was upgraded, I have yet to have one fail and those wanting an email client all have Thunderbird installed incl me. Good Luck

mrgeek, Aug 31, 2016
  6. I used the ISO downloaded file to do the upgrade after the normal upgrade process failed on three of my computers. I disconnected my wi-fi and disabled my anti-virus program. I chose to keep my personal files only. This meant I had to reinstall my programs, but after fighting for almost a week to get at least one computer upgraded, it was worth the extra effort. With all the negative post on the ills of doing this upgrade you would think Microsoft would come up with a solution.

Ronnielee09, Aug 31, 2016
  7. flycaster Win User
    I have heard that MS is supposed to come up with a fix for AU install. Perhaps, although I do know how to navigate your proposed solution, but only in a cookbook fashion (ie, I'm not that computer literate,) I'll wait a bit and give MS a chance to make the fix easier...

EDIT
    Just got a cumulative update for AU 1607 and it seems that some of my problems that I think may be due to AU 1607, may have been solved: No more scrolling problems, No Squint Plus on Firefox is now working as it should, and the problems associated with Thunderbird have not (yet) arisen. And, no more blue screen and looping stuff (for now.) However, a problem with Logitech's Setpoint software is still cooking. My TBR-22 cordless optical trackman wasn't working well, so I've been trying to download the newest software (6.67.83_64 bit). It can be downloaded, but it is missing the commands that allow you to customize the trackman and the trackman just doesn't work at all.

flycaster, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Blue screen and other things caused by AU??? - Similar Threads - Blue screen things

2. ntoskrnl.exe causes a blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl.exe causes a blue screen: Good evening, once again the blue screen crashes. The BlueScreenViewer constantly points to ntoskrnl.exe . I did a check of RAM with windows tools and no problems were found. Now the blue screen appears during games, and at the moment of shutdown, the computer makes sounds...
  3. Roblox causing blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox causing blue screen: It started after getting a recent roblox update which was around 5 days ago, the second roblox launcher says something like ready to play or whatever it just causes the blue screen. I tried updating my drivers and uninstalling an antivirus but nothing helped.The stop code i...
  4. Blue Screens and Other Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screens and Other Issues: Since late March, I've been having an issue with blue screens on the computer I've built. They would happen occasionally--most of them having very different stop codes. Sometimes it would say "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT," "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED," or...
  5. WUDFHost.exe cause blue screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WUDFHost.exe cause blue screen: ******************************************************************************* * * * Exception Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Timeline.Process.Start.DeltaSec Value: 60...
  6. WUDFHost.exe cause blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WUDFHost.exe cause blue screen: ******************************************************************************* * * * Exception Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1 Key : Timeline.Process.Start.DeltaSec Value: 60...
  7. Cause of DPC_QUEUE_EXECUTION_TIMEOUT_EXCEEDED blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cause of DPC_QUEUE_EXECUTION_TIMEOUT_EXCEEDED blue screen: Hi!On a certain Windows PC we keep getting OS crashes. As far as I know they always originate from "ShaderCompileWorker.exe", a utility process from the Unreal engine. OS reinstall did not help.How can I figure out from the minidump which component/driver is likely at fault...
  8. Roblox causing blue screen

Roblox causing blue screen: Hi! I was wondering if someone could help me, I have issue with my computer. Whenever I play roblox for about 5-20 minutes, my computer crashes and a blue screen shows up. I've tried formating the computer and it didn't solve the problem, the computer runs other games like...
  9. Blue outline on windows and other such things, please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue outline on windows and other such things, please help: [ATTACH] . I got a problem where every window which I open, pretty much got this blue outline which is pretty annoying, doesn't appear in fullscreen though for each window. And when I select some text then it appears in blue as well, as shown in the picture... I've tried to...
  10. Blue Screen Errors Cause

Blue Screen Errors Cause: From past 3 to 4 months i was getting blue screen errors of different types.... one of the error defines of the HDD malfunction and my hp laptop also defines that....i recently changed the HDD and buyed a new one . After some time i am again getting this problem.....Does dual...